PDA

View Full Version : Any updates on the BCM comp?

Dos Cylindros
08-23-12, 18:09
I have been holding off on buying a Surefire break in anticipation of the BCM comp that was leaked a few months ago. Up till now I have not heard anything else. I will admit my google fu is weak, but a search there and here turned up nothing new. Anyone got the down low?

Iraqgunz
08-23-12, 18:47
It's gonna be a bit.

Ak44
08-23-12, 19:28
I've seen two different versions....:D Good things happen to those who wait.

KingCobra
08-23-12, 19:31
any links to info on the BCM breaks?

Dos Cylindros
08-23-12, 22:10
I've seen two different versions....:D Good things happen to those who wait.

Cool, no rush as obviously my A2 has been working fine for years. Truth be told, I am hoping the BCM unit comes in at sub $100. That's part of the reason I have been holding out.

Dos Cylindros
08-23-12, 22:12
any links to info on the BCM breaks?

Orange search button at the top of the page will bring up the main thread in this forum about the comps. Also go to YouTube and there is a BCM produced video with Travis Haley running it on a middy.

Ak44
08-23-12, 23:46
I don't know what the price is gonna be, but I would assume Paul is going to make the price very competitive with the other flashhider/comps on the market. With that said I'm pretty excited when these come out for sale.

polymorpheous
08-24-12, 01:05
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Mk12-Compensator-Collar-p/bcm%20mk12%20comp-1.htm

I don't know what the price is gonna be, but I would assume Paul is going to make the price very competitive with the other flashhider/comps on the market. With that said I'm pretty excited when these come out for sale.

I'm not sure this is what people are talking about.
Is the one Haley runs in that video a Mk12 style brake?

Ak44
08-24-12, 02:44
Oops maybe not then...

markm
08-24-12, 07:48
I hadn't heard about this one, Boys! I'm not a big comp fan, but BCM usually puts something out there that's a cut above.

Dos Cylindros
08-24-12, 20:56
I hadn't heard about this one, Boys! I'm not a big comp fan, but BCM usually puts something out there that's a cut above.

Yeah, that is what has me holding on the Surefire. I'm willing to put up with the flash and noise, but if the BCM does it better I may go that route. Before anyone suggests the battle comp, I've already shot it and while it works good, it's not what I want. For me the Surefire shoots flatter and softer, with the obvious trade off being flash and noise.

vicious_cb
08-24-12, 21:02
Isnt the BCM comp just basically an A2 with the cone baffle in it? Correct me if Im wrong.

Koshinn
08-24-12, 21:17
Isnt the BCM comp just basically an A2 with the cone baffle in it? Correct me if Im wrong.

sounds like that would be a pretty effective comp.

Ak44
08-24-12, 21:26

I've personally seen two versions...one of them is as you stated above

badness
11-21-12, 18:28
so when is this thing coming out. I got an upper coming in that i can't shoot until I can pin and weld one of these on it :shout:

Clobbersauras
11-21-12, 22:11
sounds like that would be a pretty effective comp.

Cone baffles aren't all that efficient. Actually, they don't baffle much of anything. It's what's at the base of the cone that will utilize gas. They may help to strip gas away from the projectile which may help stabilize the bullet. It's for that reason cone inserts have been used on some precision rifle brakes for quite a while now.

I saw some pics on Lightfighter that give a better view and the internal structure of the BCM cone. Fluted cones have been used in flash hiders for a while now. I played with some of those designs a few years ago and actually made a larger version for a VZ58. They work quite well.

Also, I'm sure BCM did their homework on this and use exotic metal and coatings, but I would be concerned about peening at the leading edge of that cone over time.

In any event, BCM did a good job of melding a few different styles on comps, brakes and flash hiders together. From what I read it looks like they have a winner on their hands.

Fiiyablade
11-24-12, 10:42
Can't wait to see videos of how effective it can be

Safetyhit
11-24-12, 18:33

Think I recall you posting a video shooting with a comp recently, but maybe that was just for dramatic effect. :D

Stickman
11-24-12, 23:50
Think I recall you posting a video shooting with a comp recently, but maybe that was just for dramatic effect. :D

This is just an old thread brought back up.

sandsunsurf
12-02-12, 14:35
I just got a BCM comp Mod 1 (longer, with pre-drilled hole for pinning). I mounted it on my work rifle that doesn't get much use these days, and compared it to my old BattleComp and another rifle with an A-2.

Only shot about a hundred rounds through it, just for a quick first impression. My first thoughts are: reduced recoil compared to BC and A2, better muzzle control than A2 but not as good as BC. Less concussion than BC, but more than A2. Firing from prone there was no dirt signature, ~but~ it was windy and wet while shooting.

Pics in next post...

sandsunsurf
12-02-12, 14:41
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/03/ehu2equm.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/03/na2avumy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/03/ba8u4u3u.jpg

Zane1844
12-02-12, 15:22
I want to buy this comp.

I told myself I should wait until I master weapon control with the A2 so I can fully appreciate the lessened muzzle climb with a comp.

Based on a few articles I have read, the BCM comp seems great. I will buy this one when I can, or just wait until I get a 14.5 and have it pinned on there.

Iraqgunz
12-02-12, 17:14
I think you should do some research in regards to pinning a comp (especially expensive ones) and why it is not such a great idea except in certain scenarios.

I would also suggest that you get a 16" carbine upper and compare it closely to a 14.5" pinned upper.

I want to buy this comp.

I told myself I should wait until I master weapon control with the A2 so I can fully appreciate the lessened muzzle climb with a comp.

Based on a few articles I have read, the BCM comp seems great. I will buy this one when I can, or just wait until I get a 14.5 and have it pinned on there.

Dirknar
12-02-12, 19:28
I think you should do some research in regards to pinning a comp (especially expensive ones) and why it is not such a great idea except in certain scenarios.

I would also suggest that you get a 16" carbine upper and compare it closely to a 14.5" pinned upper.

agree, I just pin/welded a comp on my 14.5" and I while I was able to do it all myself, it wasn't worth the hassle at all..