PDA

View Full Version : Good Samaritan, In A Way.

3 AE
08-23-12, 19:32
I'll let the story speak for itself. Personally, if they ever caught the person, I'd give him a "Get Out Of Jail Free Card". To be used immediately! Some days you just luck out.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/florida-man-learns-lesson-stolen-weapons-returned-message-190158697.html

Voodoo_Man
08-23-12, 19:50
I would chalk this up to a "hard lesson learned" and call it a day. No reason to shine light on the gun owners mistakes any more than is needed.

He is lucky though, that he got his gun back at all. Around here if you "lose" a handgun for something like this, you get your permit to carry (if you have one issued locally) revoked.

Waylander
08-24-12, 09:56
I wonder what time of day/night this actually happened and if it was just a nosy/concerned neighbor?

All the person had to do was knock on the door and if anyone was home talk to the homeowner(s). Instead they left an advertisement on the doorstep there was a gun and knife for the taking. At least they could've left a note in the bag. Did this person have any training or were they guessing how to unload a gun and get lucky it didn't fire? Dumb moves by both of them.

The gun owner took the bait so to speak.
"I learned a lesson, a valid lesson" Maisonneuve told the television station. "I should not carry a loaded firearm in my car."
Notice the camera made it very obvious he has a "Veteran" insignia on the bill of his cap and he said his mind has been other places.

Maybe he is too forgetful to carry in his car but all he had to do is say "I'll always take my gun out of my car and lock it from now on" instead of giving the world a "teachable moment" about how scary it is to carry loaded guns in the car. It's starting to seem fishy to me that this wasn't a planned thing.