PDA

View Full Version : Hello noob here Daniel defense question....

Blak1508
08-24-12, 20:50
Hello I just ordered a DD V1 online on the same site they has 2 other v1 models a light weight and a newer version?, that was 200 $ more, being a noob and this is my first AR I was wondering if anyone could tell me the differences between the newer model V1 and the older version in which I bought. The only differences that I noticed was the different type of flash suppressor, both have them but they are different. I understand the obvious differences between the lightweight and the regular V1 that is not my question. Anyway I cannot wait to get my new toy and look forward to all the knowledge I obtain here.. Cheers everyone-

Bonez556
08-25-12, 11:37
The newer model has some newer features including:

- Newly designed flash hider
- New FSP with ridges to reduce glare
- New DDM4 rail that uses the bolt up system and the bottom rail hugs the barrel more
- New Markings

Blak1508
08-25-12, 12:19
Thank you for the response.. Since this will be my first AR I am guessing and positive that I'll still absolutely love it... I dunno I saw the older model at a good price so I jumped on it. I also came to this decision with the help of a friend who thought for what I wanted that it would be perfect for me. Am I really missing that much over the newer one ?

Ratfink
08-25-12, 12:42
The rifle you ordered is a great weapon , you won't be missing anything. I have a dd rifle and it's one of the nicest and most reliable direct impingement ar's I own.

doubletap2211
08-25-12, 13:22
+1^
Older or newer version. You will be happy with either one. DD is top notch and their customer service is second to none in my opinion.

Seagunner
08-25-12, 14:14
The older model still has a bayonet lug also

Bonez556
08-25-12, 14:16
Yea you'll be completely happy with it. This is my 3rd DD rifle and the first of the new version. The older versions were just as nice. You can't go wrong with DD. They are extremely well built, 100% reliable and very accurate. They are by far my favorite one. You will definitely enjoy it!

Blak1508
08-25-12, 15:25
Thank you all for the responses .... I just talked to the place where I ordered from and they detailed the differences to me ... No biggy specially for me ... I am totally stoked ... Ive been wanting one of these puppies since forever... So I've heard about DD and their reputation( huge grin) I'll post pictures when it's gets in...

LeroyRT
08-25-12, 21:34
This is a second vote for the DD. Perfect customer service and a solid, reliable rifle.

Whitebrad25
08-27-12, 23:30
I like the QD swivel sockets on the newer rails.

Blak1508
09-06-12, 20:11
Yeah I did notice that there were more ports for QD attachments, but it's funny the V1 I received had the new V1 lower, I think , it has the newer markings on it, but it came with the Omega rail and A2 flash hinder, the new V1 has the newer flash hinder and the new DD m4 rail

Blak1508
09-06-12, 20:21
I am not totally sure but I believe this is the new markings, I could be wrong

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q629/blak1508/DSC01520.jpg

Bonez556
09-06-12, 20:25
13483 I am not totally sure but I believe this is the new markings, I could be wrong

Yea those are the new markings. It looks like you have the omega rail on there instead of the new DDM4 rail.

Blak1508
09-06-12, 20:31
Yeah that's what I thought, lol I have a DD hybrid V1 :) I kinda like the markings ... I know I'm dumb.... So question for you .. I want a vickers sling , I kinda like where the QD ports are would you reccomend getting the QD attachments for the sling or going another route? I think the spacing in them will be fine. Also i was going to order the Vickers blue force sling without the QD sewed in and was going to buy 2 DD QD attachments .. Think this is a good route to go?

Redbeardsong
09-06-12, 20:33
Yes, that's the older Omega X rail. I love the new DDM4 rail, but the Omega X is terrific as well.

Blak1508
09-06-12, 20:35
It def is the omega rail as I'm sure you know. I bought the AR from Rainer arms I wonder why I have the new lower. I am not complaining though it was 200$ less , I am also thinking about a BCM CH ... Being new, is that all I need to order in order to change the CH. I have smaller hands and the MOD 4 seems like it would be perfect for me.

also what is the difference between the Omega rail and the new M4 rail?

Bonez556
09-06-12, 20:57
It def is the omega rail as I'm sure you know. I bought the AR from Rainer arms I wonder why I have the new lower. I am not complaining though it was 200$ less , I am also thinking about a BCM CH ... Being a noob is that all I need to order in order to change the CH. I have smaller hands and the MOD 4 seems like it would be perfect for me.

By new lower are you meaning it says black creek instead of savannah? If so I bought a v1 last year and it had the "older" style upper and had the black creek marked lower. They made the move to the new location and produced rifles before they came out with the new upper.

And for the charging handle, yes, all you need to do Is purchase the mod 4 and that's all you need. That's the one I run and I love it. Not to big and not too small.

Bonez556
09-06-12, 20:58
The new DDM4 rail is a one piece rail that uses there bolt up system unlike the omega rail that is a 2 piece rail that has the 4 set screws that tightens against the barrel nut.

Blak1508
09-06-12, 21:19
yes it says black creek and has the 5.56 markings and the M4V1 markings on it, i am guessing yours does as well. I would not have cared either way with the markings but I am going to admit I actually like the markings on it.
Also thank you for pointing out the differences in the Omega rail and the DDM4 rail, ok I have anohter question and I hope it is not a dumb one, if the Omega bolts on at 4 points to the barrel how is it a freefloat? Thank you so much for bearing with my questions as you can tell I am kinda new to this but I truely love talking and gaining info on all of this. Thanks again.

Bonez556
09-06-12, 21:38
yes it says black creek and has the 5.56 markings and the M4V1 markings on it, i am guessing yours does as well. I would not have cared either way with the markings but I am going to admit I actually like the markings on it.
Also thank you for pointing out the differences in the Omega rail and the DDM4 rail, ok I have anohter question and I hope it is not a dumb one, if the Omega bolts on at 4 points to the barrel how is it a freefloat? Thank you so much for bearing with my questions as you can tell I am kinda new to this but I truely love talking and gaining info on all of this. Thanks again.

Well it doesn't actually touch the barrel anywhere, the set screws just tighten up again the barrel but. All free float rails attach the barrel nut in some way (unless the rail is built into the upper like some companies do).

Yea mine says black creek on the lower and 5.56 and DDM4v5 on the upper.

Blak1508
09-06-12, 21:45
Nice .. Thank you for your response.

TehLlama
09-08-12, 19:44
Yeah that's what I thought, lol I have a DD hybrid V1 :) I kinda like the markings ... I know I'm dumb.... So question for you .. I want a vickers sling , I kinda like where the QD ports are would you reccomend getting the QD attachments for the sling or going another route? I think the spacing in them will be fine. Also i was going to order the Vickers blue force sling without the QD sewed in and was going to buy 2 DD QD attachments .. Think this is a good route to go?

It looks like you scored an inadvertent limited edition with that.

VCAS-QD Padded (off an IMOD, CTR, or STR stock) is ideal - I really like how it works running the far side from the stock, and near side on the OmegaX handguard - that really gets the best out of the sling.