PDA

View Full Version : Noveske keyholing out of the box

mxerdude179
08-26-12, 09:07
Yes that's right. I bought a brand new noveske LR 2 days ago. I took it out of the box lubed it up ran a patch and ran about 100 rounds through it. The barrel is 1:7 twist, I think all noveske barrels are. Im pretty upset about it. I just ran some run of the mill pmc brass 55 grains, which in my opinion is some of the better more reliable rounds. This is not what I expected from noveske. I'm pissed. Anyone else heard about this from the noveske? Buyers remorse setting in....I zeroed in at 25 yards using 3 shot groups. It keyholes maybe 3 out of the 100 I shot.

Scorpion
08-26-12, 09:18
Contact Noveske first and give them a chance to resolve the issue before posting about it here.

Inkslinger
08-26-12, 09:19
Maybe try contacting noveske...

PlatoCATM
08-26-12, 09:28
Per forum rules:

4) Contact The Manufacturer or Dealer First – Internet forums have a large global audience and unsubstantiated or ill-informed comments will affect the livelihoods of a lot of hard working people in the industry. If you have an issue with a manufacturer or dealer that you would like to resolve, we ask that your first contact them to resolve it.
M4Carbine.net Mission Statement (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=1497)

Not saying I don't understand, but this is the wrong way to handle it.

glockshooter
08-26-12, 09:29
You do realize if only 3 rounds out of 100 keyholed then it is probably an ammo issue right. Why would you automatically assume then rifle is the issue when you are shooting cheap ammo.

ZoneOne
08-26-12, 09:40
What other steps have you taken to ensure that it is in fact the rifle's fault? (which I'm 99% it isn't)

Have you used different ammo?

Aside from running 1 patch in the rifle what else have you done?

But, if you think about your original comment, the rifle has 97% of all rounds hitting exactly where you want them.

scoutchris
08-26-12, 09:43
Impossible.

VLODPG
08-26-12, 09:54
Awaiting what the 1st ammo you ran through it was, what you are running in it now & what Noveske said about it when You called them!

ST911
08-26-12, 10:09
Contact Noveske first, per forum rules. After that...

What range are you shooting at?

You're shooting pretty mediocre ammo. That mediocre ammo is 55gr in a 1/7 twist, a combo that can have inherent problems. I know a few 1/7 Colts that will produce jacket-core separations and keyholing with certain low end training rounds.

Get a decent zero if you can. 3@25 doesn't cut it.

This is your first post here. Strange.

MarkG
08-26-12, 10:39
I just ran some run of the mill pmc brass 55 grains, which in my opinion is some of the better more reliable rounds.

PMC is garbage ass ammunition. So much for your opinion...:big_boss:

You do realize if only 3 rounds out of 100 keyholed then it is probably an ammo issue right. Why would you automatically assume then rifle is the issue when you are shooting cheap ammo.

Exactly...

JC0352
08-26-12, 10:58
Yes that's right. I bought a brand new noveske LR 2 days ago. I took it out of the box lubed it up ran a patch and ran about 100 rounds through it. The barrel is 1:7 twist, I think all noveske barrels are. Im pretty upset about it. I just ran some run of the mill pmc brass 55 grains, which in my opinion is some of the better more reliable rounds. This is not what I expected from noveske. I'm pissed. Anyone else heard about this from the noveske? Buyers remorse setting in....I zeroed in at 25 yards using 3 shot groups. It keyholes maybe 3 out of the 100 I shot.

That ammo is some of the cheapest shit I see on the shelf anytime I go to a place that sells ammo. Like others said, I think you've grossly misdiagnosed your problem.

On top of breaking the rules that's just bad form, trying to blow out Noveske on here, when you've made zero effort to try QUALITY ammo or call Noveske.

Hmac
08-26-12, 11:07
I have about 10,000 rounds of PMC Bronze 55gr through my Noveske Light Recce with 1/7 chrome-lined barrel. I've found it to be excellent ammo, feeds well, acceptably accurate easily capable of 2 inch groups at 50 yards, and consistent in velocity (+/- 46 FPS) with a negligible malfunction rate. I doubt it's the ammo, but I'd certainly try a different brand, then call Noveske. If you call them right away, the ammo issue is the first question they'll ask.

NoveskeFan
08-26-12, 11:28
How much you want for it?:D. But really, if it was the barrel, I think you would be keyholing closer to 100 %. Can you see any strikes or deformations inside the muzzle device?

scoutchris
08-26-12, 11:32
While what you did is in slightly poor form, what you fail to realize is that on this forum when a RR malfunctions, it comes from shoddy materials and a lack of quality control. When a DD, Noveske, or any other tier 1 manufacturer malfunctions they will place the blame on the barometric pressure before the rifle. Fwiw, I just threw 300 rounds ofTulAmmo through a tier 1 1/7 bbl with nary a hiccup.

NoveskeFan
08-26-12, 11:38
:rolleyes: Reputations are earned. How many "tier 1" ARs have issues vs other brands?

While what you did is in slightly poor form, what you fail to realize is that on this forum when a RR malfunctions, it comes from shoddy materials and a lack of quality control. When a DD, Noveske, or any other tier 1 manufacturer malfunctions they will place the blame on the barometric pressure before the rifle. Fwiw, I just threw 300 rounds ofTulAmmo through a tier 1 1/7 bbl with nary a hiccup.

Iraqgunz
08-26-12, 11:39
It's pretty simple- we have site rules when it comes to this. Especially when it deals with sponsors.

Not only did he use mediocre ammo, he didn't even take the steps to procure better ammo and validate his assessment.

Iraqgunz
08-26-12, 11:41
Get some other ammo (M193, M855 and even some match ammo) and shoot the rifle again. If the issue is the same then contact Noveske whom I am certain will fix the issue ASAP as they have always done in the past- even when it was operator headspace.