PDA

View Full Version : First Post and first AR, just ordered DDV5 LW upper

livefree
08-26-12, 09:51
I've been reading this forum for quite some time for ideas, tips and reviews on what to buy. So I just bought a Daniel Defense V5 LW upper from aimsurplus for $749 shipped, which I thought was an awesome price (so did everyone else I imagine, they sold out in 12hrs!)

I can't wait to mate this with Rainier Arms complete lower, add my Troy battle sights and get to the range!

I just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you to all at M4carbine, your information has been incredibly helpful so far. I'm not new to firearms and shooting, I am a LEO and have a Colt 6601 as a duty weapon but this is my first personal AR so im still a noob. I look forward to learning from you all and trying to build my perfect AR!

acaixguard
08-27-12, 18:40
Welcome! Lots of good info here. I've learned lots from folks here, and I'm sure you will too.
I also have a DDV5 LW, and love it. Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you will be very happy with it.

Shabazz
08-30-12, 16:45
Congratulations! Your DD will serve you well. I only wish I had made such a wise choice with my first AR purchase.

ra2bach
09-12-12, 08:57
I got the same one, same place. just a few rounds through it and seems to be pretty accurate. I'm waiting for some better ammo before I decide if I scope it or just use a RDS...

prq9218
09-21-12, 20:04
Congratulations on your purchase, your DD will serve you well. Good choice.

TehLlama
09-22-12, 00:29
Keep that upper lubed and it won't quit.
Mine's from that sale last year, still one of the best all-around uppers fr the money

stitch702
10-09-12, 16:49
Jesus that is one hell of a deal for a DDM4 LW upper. Considering I purchased my complete DDM4 LW at 1100. I agree with what everyone else mentioned. You won't be disappointed with that bad boy.