PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!

FireofFury
08-27-12, 11:47
I just moved to midland, Texas and I am very frustrated with the weapon industry here. My expectations were a little too high when I moved here cause I moved here from phoenix and I could get anything I could ever want there. Pretty much every store/ shop I go into in midland is either full of idiots or completely sold out of all the good stuff. If anyone is familiar with the area and the situation please chime in and get me in the loop cause this s%^t sucks!! Also looking for a good place to shoot in the area.
Thanks

markm
08-27-12, 11:58
Buy on the internet. I almost never go to gun stores here in Phx.

FireofFury
08-27-12, 12:19
Buy on the internet. I almost never go to gun stores here in Phx.

Yeah I am for the most part, but sometimes I cant be patient enough to wait for things and need them now!! And dont know if you have found them or not but shooters vault off of greenway and the 51 is an awesome store!! Small but the owner guy really knows his stuff. But im in Midland now and that doesnt help me lol

tbaker
08-27-12, 12:58
You're pretty much out of luck in Midland/Odessa.

There is one private range [Midland Shooters Assoc], and it's cost is pretty high.

Two decent - I'm using this term loosely - stores if you just absolutely "need it now": Affordable Guns & Ammo and Tommy Atchison Guns.

Other than that, best to just stick to the interwebs.

Hope that helps some.

CrazyFingers
08-27-12, 15:18
but sometimes I cant be patient enough to wait for things and need them now!!

"Need", or "want"?
Significant difference. With a bit of patience, just about anything can be found on the internet for considerable savings over buying at a local gun shop.
Point in case:
I tried, desperately tried, to buy my gen3 G19 from the local shop/range where I'm a member. I told them "I'm ready to buy with cash in hand, let's talk a reasonable price." They would not budge from their $610 sticker price. I showed them multiple prices from online vendors in the ~$500 range (some less). They wouldn't budge. They didn't care that they were grossly overpriced. Their target market were first time purchasers with no clue about internet gun sales.
So, they didn't get my business because, while I wanted it then, I didn't need it then. Obviously if I genuinely needed it right then, I would have paid whatever it took.

markm
08-27-12, 15:24
"Need", or "want"?
Significant difference. With a bit of patience, just about anything can be found on the internet for considerable savings over buying at a local gun shop.

I understand what he's saying though... I'm always figgering out what I need at the last minute and then wanting it yesterday.