PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Military Anarchist Terror Cell?

montanadave
08-27-12, 11:57
A news station in Columbia, SC, is reporting that Pfc. Michael Burnett pleaded guilty to manslaughter and gang charges in connection with the December deaths of a former soldier, Michael Roark, and Roark's 17-year-old girlfriend.

Burnett reportedly testified that he and several other soldiers had formed an "anarchist militia," had accumulated $87K worth of arms and bomb-making equipment, had plans to take over Fort Stewart, bomb civilian targets, and assassinate President Obama. Roark was apparently aware of the plans of the "militia" and was killed to prevent him from informing anyone else.

Sketchy details in the story (http://www.wistv.com/story/19384876/ga-murder-case-uncovers-terror-plot-by-soldiers). Are the soldiers allegedly involved in this "militia" active duty? And if they are, why would they not be tried by a court martial? I don't know the legalities involved and I imagine the military can defer to civilian prosecution if they so choose. I'm guessing we might hear more about this one.

ETA: More details here http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutor-ga-murder-case-uncovers-terror-plot-173341769.html

ICANHITHIMMAN
08-27-12, 14:30
See this is why I never do anything all the good ideas are taken already

jaxman7
08-27-12, 15:09
How in the world were they going to take over Ft. Stewart? 3 I.D. and its Abrams' may cause a hiccup in that plan.

Caught between the Rock of the Marne and a hard place. ;)

-Jax

austinN4
08-27-12, 15:21
How in the world were they going to take over Ft. Stewart?

Not being too F-ing smart was part of their plan.

TAZ
08-27-12, 16:00
How in the world were they going to take over Ft. Stewart? 3 I.D. and its Abrams' may cause a hiccup in that plan.

Caught between the Rock of the Marne and a hard place. ;)

-Jax

LOL!! They thought they had the element of surprise on their side so I guess they felt they could ignore the element of intelligence.

Doc Safari
08-27-12, 16:00
I've decided this kind of nut job ambition comes only after ingesting mass quantities of really high quality drugs.

Magic_Salad0892
08-27-12, 18:22
I've decided this kind of nut job ambition comes only after ingesting mass quantities of really high quality drugs.

High quality drugs make you wanna sleep with a large amount of women in a very not large amount of time. Not kill people. Plus, high quality drugs cost too much, you wouldn't be able to afford the guns.

montanadave
08-27-12, 18:39
High quality drugs make you wanna sleep with a large amount of women in a very not large amount of time. Not kill people. Plus, high quality drugs cost too much, you wouldn't be able to afford the guns.

Not to derail the thread, but that's a rather generalized and, as such, inaccurate assessment of the effects of "high quality drugs." Some specificity regarding the drugs being discussed would be required. :laugh:

Magic_Salad0892
08-27-12, 18:52
Not to derail the thread, but that's a rather generalized and, as such, inaccurate assessment of the effects of "high quality drugs." Some specificity regarding the drugs being discussed would be required. :laugh:

I speak from experience. (Sober now for 5 years!) However, you're probably right about the specific drugs the dude meant.

Doc Safari
08-27-12, 19:46
I was being somewhat of a smartass. I don't know that there is an answer to this unless you want to call it "a sign of the times" or "pure evil" or whatever.