PDA

View Full Version : Thin castle nut??

Huskyfever03
08-28-12, 10:37
Does anybody know if anybody besides KAC makes a thinner than normal castle nut? I have a knights qd endplate and refuse to use the impossible to tighten/untighten nut kac includes with it.

Duffy
08-28-12, 11:17
You can use the regular castle nut, it just won't let you completely collapse the stock :D

The one supplied by KAC with the QD receiver sling adapter is the old kind of slip ring, you can still buy the el cheapo wrench for it, some armorer's tool still has it.

bobsolla
08-28-12, 11:19
disregard!

ac130usnsr
08-28-12, 12:57
sorry,all i can offer is the thicker awesome core 15 barrel nuts.i guess your problem is with the hand rail where the quick detach mount hole is hitting the barrel nut?if so,could you not just dremel down what is in the way?

You're at the wrong end of the gun. OP was asking about the receiver extension nut (aka "castle nut"). Also, if his barrel nut was somehow interfering with a rail's QD socket, why would he want "the thicker awesome core 15 barrel nut"?

bobsolla
08-28-12, 13:08
You're at the wrong end of the gun. OP was asking about the receiver extension nut (aka "castle nut"). Also, if his barrel nut was somehow interfering with a rail's QD socket, why would he want "the thicker awesome core 15 barrel nut"?

alright!calm down!i thought he was referring to a barrel nut.