PDA

View Full Version : A 'real' Red Dawn scenario brewing?

Doc Safari
08-28-12, 11:33
http://www.beaconequity.com/new-dhs-informant-leaks-a-shocker-2012-08-17/

There’s a Russian, Chinese, Islamic military invasion coming to the U.S.A

there’s talk inside Homeland Security offices that Russian Spetsnaz commandos are infiltrating into the U.S.A from Canada

“Colonel Lunev personally told me that the Russians were bringing nuclear, biological and chemical weapons into the U.S.A throughout the 1970s and 80s by smuggling them over the Mexican border.

“Colonel Lunev said there are Russian Spetznazs commandos coming in and out of the U.S.A every month disguised as tourists, professors, doctors, reporters; they come and go.”

My take: the shortwave radio used to be rife with tales like this. Somebody was going to nuke us any second now and we better be prepared. I'd have to see a lot more credible info before I believe this is actually happening, but it's an interesting 'prepper' scenario.

Abraxas
08-28-12, 11:44
Why would they need to go through all of the effort? At the rate we are going we will self destruct shortly without any outside help.

montanadave
08-28-12, 11:53
Why would they need to go through all of the effort? At the rate we are going we will self destruct shortly without any outside help.

You beat me to it. I was just about to post the same damn thing.

Business_Casual
08-28-12, 13:08
Alternatively, the Russian economy is basically a giant bet on energy. When prices go down, as they always do, they are going to be destitute. Secondly, they've never recovered from the Cold War, their armed forces are using 25 year-old equipment. Lastly, 90 years of lefty leadership destroyed the Russian family and they have a demographic problem that would make the Danish blush.

We owe the Chinese too much money and buy too much stuff from them. If we went away, they would collapse as they couldn't get jobs for hundreds of millions of well-educated relatively wealthy people who would round up the pitchforks and torches PDQ.

So, in summary - not a chance. More likely a rouge Russian element would sell a bomb or a physics package to bad people (Iran) for hard currency.

BC

Voodoo_Man
08-28-12, 13:21
Alternatively, the Russian economy is basically a giant bet on energy. When prices go down, as they always do, they are going to be destitute. Secondly, they've never recovered from the Cold War, their armed forces are using 25 year-old equipment. Lastly, 90 years of lefty leadership destroyed the Russian family and they have a demographic problem that would make the Danish blush.

We owe the Chinese too much money and buy too much stuff from them. If we went away, they would collapse as they couldn't get jobs for hundreds of millions of well-educated relatively wealthy people who would round up the pitchforks and torches PDQ.

So, in summary - not a chance. More likely a rouge Russian element would sell a bomb or a physics package to bad people (Iran) for hard currency.

BC

While I agree there is may be no chance any "red dawn" situation will occur, I would like to know what your sources are for this information in the first paragraph of the above quote.

jwfuhrman
08-28-12, 13:32
The Russians are drilling for oil and natural gas at a rate that we should be. Between that and the large diamond industry(I would know, the Wire Die Industry buys large amounts of diamonds from Russia and India every month), the Russians are rebuilding their military, especially now that Putin is back at the helm.

Business_Casual
08-28-12, 13:37
OK, so that was a bit of a stretch, but Russia is not in a position to invade the USA.

I'll see if I can find some other cites. Bottom line: the Russian bear is at best a regional threat.

CIA has some interesting statistics about readiness:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/rs.html

Demographic "crisis:"

http://carnegieendowment.org/2012/01/26/russia-s-demographic-crisis/9aml

Oil prices and the impact thereof on the Russian economic position:

http://rt.com/business/news/russia-economy-oil-rpice/

Georgia War: A Seismic Shock
The retrospective critique of Russia’s armed forces that publicly unfolded in the autumn of 2008 was centered on key aspects of the military’s combat capabilities.8 A recognizable pattern emerged which focused on aged vehicles, hardware, and weaponry; ineffective command and control organizations and systems; lack of interservice coordination; failures of intelligence support and the GLONASS (Global’naya Navigatsionnaya Sputnikovaya Sistema, or Global Navigation Satellite System); and an unusual fascination with the causes of Russian casualties, - Parameters, US Army War College

All open source material.

BC

Dirk Williams
08-28-12, 13:41
Russia's conscript military will be 70 percent Muslim by 2017. Anybody see a problem with those numbers.

DW

Voodoo_Man
08-28-12, 13:53
OK, so that was a bit of a stretch, but Russia is not in a position to invade the USA.

I'll see if I can find some other cites. Bottom line: the Russian bear is at best a regional threat.

CIA has some interesting statistics about readiness:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/rs.html

Demographic "crisis:"

http://carnegieendowment.org/2012/01/26/russia-s-demographic-crisis/9aml

BC

A little bit more than a stretch on the Cold War comment, but I understand the argument.

There is no "crisis" in Russia, it is just typical media bullshit that is force fed to those who would have otherwise no way of knowing the truth. Moscow is one of the wealthiest cities in the entire world, you see lambo's, ferrari's and bentley's like you see bmw's here, maybe more often.

The Russian war-machine has no interest in the US because there is no money in it, not any time soon anyway. The US stay out of the way of Russia as much as Russia stays out of the way of the US. If there will ever be any conflict any time any where between the two countries it will be over who gets to control the spoils of Iran once official action will be taken.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-28-12, 14:05
Nobody saw the Remington ad in The Rifleman this month. The tag line was '5 Million Remington 700 Sold: The Biggest Army in the world ain't in China."

Land wars in Asia? The last land wars in North America including the Civil War and Indian Wars weren't exactly cake walks.

markm
08-28-12, 14:15
We need to get back into Viet Nam!

feedramp
08-28-12, 14:20
Russia will invade the Middle East long before they would bother to invade North America. Granted, it may be in their interest to disable us in some way or reduce our capacity to get involved in the Middle East when that time comes.

Honu
08-28-12, 14:21
Russia's conscript military will be 70 percent Muslim by 2017. Anybody see a problem with those numbers.

DW

YES I DO !

Honu
08-28-12, 14:24
I think the article said over 20,000 spetsnaz ?

curious how many their even are as one of the elite with 5 years training etc.. thought the numbers were more in the single thousands for all ?

again only cause I saw some thing on them a while ago and something like their are only 5,000 of these hand picked soldiers who spend 5 years training so 20,000 all over here ! not sure I buy that

I worry more about all the muslims in the russian army if thats true with all those weapons and the end agenda they have !!!

GTifosi
08-28-12, 16:16
I think the article said over 20,000 spetsnaz ?

curious how many their even are as one of the elite with 5 years training etc.. thought the numbers were more in the single thousands for all

Affirmative action? :jester:

Abraxas
08-28-12, 17:21
You beat me to it. I was just about to post the same damn thing.

Damn, in that case I reverse my statement:D, the Russians ARE about to invade. That is why they went through the Panama canal a year or two back and why the Russians have subs in the Gulf of Mexico as we speak. It will be revenge for our causing their country to collapse.

The_War_Wagon
08-28-12, 18:00
Guess that explains why every Stop 'n' Rob and Subway in Pittsburgh, is now staffed by Russians! :blink:

Dirk Williams
08-28-12, 18:01
Russian subs in Mexican water is nothing new.i lived in Mazatlan Mexico in 1974.Russian subs were common place. We would be out on our Hobby Cats sailing and see then from time to time.

For perhaps the first couple times I didn't legalize they were Russian, I thought they were Mexican subs, until the locals pointed out the error.

DW

SMETNA
08-28-12, 23:15
I would hope it would be very hard to sneak nuclear weapons into the US. DHS has radiation sensors at ports and border stops. They probably do fly overs of cities with them too once in a while.

That has been a concern of mine ever since I saw "The sum of all fears". A Nuclear Decapitation strike, chaos, Congress/Potus/VP dead, no successors, CoG plans activated, shadow government takes control. I guess a shadow gov couldn't be too much worse than the actual gov though

drrufo
08-28-12, 23:33
I wouldn't worry about the Russians, they could do better staying home. Europe would roll over at this point in time, it would void all the money they owe.
I am concerned about all the MECHAistas out there who would try to rejoin Mexico if there were ever any disruption in the chain of government(?). All the one who went into the army are well trained and the ones who went into to jail are indoctrinated to be the gun fodder. The city of Anaheim has had two or three shootings in a neighborhood of gangbangers recently. The city government said they would ask the feds to investigate(IIRC), but the street people staged demonstrations against the pd and city. Been quiet lately, but it could blow up again quickly.

Moose-Knuckle
08-29-12, 04:11
In case you guys missed the story, the Russians had an Akula class sub parked in the Gulf of Mexico a couple of weeks ago.

Remember the Trojans and their horsey? Read up on Chinese economic zones and who runs major ports in CONUS and Mexcio.

Mjolnir
08-29-12, 21:43
Two things:

The movie "Red Dawn" was based upon testimony/stories from a Russian general who defected. I cannot recall his name. In reality - and the movie didn't address it - the Reds got help from powerful elements within the USA.

The second, Russia will use her ICBMs if they feel threatened. We are not in ANY position to invade Russia - and survive, either - despite the myriad of bases littered in the Caucasus.

a1fabweld
08-29-12, 21:58
I think something bad is brewing. Not sure if it will look like Red Dawn. There are a lot of pissed off & frustrated people out there today.

Sensei
08-29-12, 22:16
I could not help but be reminded of this thread about Russians conducting an airborne operation to take over Denver Int'l Airport.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=104258&highlight=Denver+airborne

I can't find any evidence that this actually happened.

kmrtnsn
08-30-12, 02:04
"startling information leaked to him through a source who knows a contact deep within U.S. Department of Homeland Security"

A guy, who knows a guy, said..........:fie:

vicious_cb
08-30-12, 02:27

My take: the shortwave radio used to be rife with tales like this. Somebody was going to nuke us any second now and we better be prepared. I'd have to see a lot more credible info before I believe this is actually happening, but it's an interesting 'prepper' scenario.

Are you sure the "leak" isnt the script for the new Red Dawn movie? :cool:

Mjolnir
08-30-12, 05:49
General KALUGIN; the Soviet General's name.

Sensei
08-30-12, 07:39

Well, I found at least one portion of that article that is complete BS. It referenced the joint Russian-American airborne operation in CO as if it was a historical fact. Well, it wasn't. It never actually happened.

It looks like a common theme to these conspiracy theories is to fabricate some outlandish plan (like Russian troops conducting an operation to seize the Denver Airport). Then, weave that crap into future stories as if it happened. I suppose this actually works on people who are mentally or emotionally unable to perform the most basic fact checking.

30 cal slut
08-30-12, 08:15
Gosh darnit.

I don't have enough ammo for this crap.

usmcvet
08-30-12, 17:59
"startling information leaked to him through a source who knows a contact deep within U.S. Department of Homeland Security"

A guy, who knows a guy, said..........:fie:

Are you sure the "leak" isnt the script for the new Red Dawn movie? :cool:
:dance3:

Iraqgunz
08-31-12, 00:32
I guess everybody needs some kind of fairy tale to believe in.:dirol:

Sensei
08-31-12, 07:53
I guess everybody needs some kind of fairy tale to believe in.:dirol:

Fantasy is a popular coping mechanism for the realities of one's daily life.

Doc Safari
08-31-12, 09:11
Unfortunately, a lot of gun owners don't feel "fulfilled" unless they think they might really get to be the minutemen in their lifetime.

WillBrink
08-31-12, 09:18
Why would they need to go through all of the effort? .

And what would they actually gain by that effort?

Littlelebowski
08-31-12, 09:45
Sure would be nice if gun owners fantasized about spreading the shooting sports across different demographics and popularizing responsible gun ownership and carry.

Instead, we have this escapist bullshit.

Sensei
08-31-12, 10:04
Sure would be nice if gun owners fantasized about spreading the shooting sports across different demographics and popularizing responsible gun ownership and carry.

I'd say that hit the nail on the head. Well said.

Iraqgunz
09-02-12, 02:08
God damn, MoFo. You nailed it.

:big_boss:

MAUSER202
09-03-12, 12:45
If an enemy wanted to destroy us or invade us it would be a lot cheaper for them to just put money in Obama's re-election campaign instead us secrete troops nuke/bio weapons ect.

Mjolnir
09-03-12, 18:14
If an enemy wanted to destroy us or invade us it would be a lot cheaper for them to just put money in Obama's re-election campaign instead us secrete troops nuke/bio weapons ect.

Research the opposition... There is no real "assistance" to be found in the Straussian Romney-Ryan ticket.

Shabazz
09-03-12, 18:43
We need to get back into Viet Nam!

We definitely need a naval base there.

Shabazz
09-03-12, 18:44

I recently taught two vietnamese to shoot, helped them pick out S&W J frame revolvers and helped them get their stuff together for their concealed weapon permits.

Next on the list are 2 Chinese guys who want to go shooting.

Last month I took 2 Australians out to shoot a bunch of stuff that is verboten down there. They almost peed their pants they were so excited with full auto.

MAUSER202
09-03-12, 21:19
Research the opposition... There is no real "assistance" to be found in the Straussian Romney-Ryan ticket.

Yea, I know it sucks to have to vote for the lesser of two evils. All things considered Romney/Ryan suck a lot less than Obama/Biden.