PDA

View Full Version : What have you learned as a police officer about life that most people dont know?

feedramp
08-28-12, 14:27
What have you learned as a police officer about life and society that most people don't know or underestimate? (http://www.quora.com/Law-Enforcement-and-the-Police/What-have-you-learned-as-a-police-officer-about-life-and-society-that-most-people-dont-know-or-underestimate)

The top response given there was pretty good. Check it out.

Feel free to add/share your own if you've served.

montanadave
08-28-12, 14:56
An addendum to #3: Those people most likely to identify and manipulate your "hot button" are frequently relatives.

Good stuff. Thanks for posting the link and I look forward to hearing some contributions from members here.

theblackknight
08-28-12, 16:20
I noticed the last one he didnt mention drugs.

Hmm

sent from mah gun,using my sights

chadbag
08-29-12, 02:01
overweight Asian women

This would be a hard one to engage in with a magazine and a video series unless you liked watching (or your customers liked watching) the same 3 chicks all the time.

There just ain't that many fat asian chicks (in Asia at least).

:D

--

ChicagoTex
08-29-12, 03:36
An addendum to #3: Those people most likely to identify and manipulate your "hot button" are frequently relatives.

I don't usually do this, but I gotta quote this one for truth.

C-grunt
08-29-12, 12:18
I have about 5.5 years on and here is a few I can come up with:

1. Whatever you are doing when you die is how you will be seen when found. If you like some kinky shit thats cool. But do you really want to be remembered as that naked guy wearing a wig next to an 18 volt Ryobi drill with a 12 inch rubber didlo attached to it?

2. How you act and speak when you get pulled over has a huge impact on whether or not you are going to get a ticket.

3. I really could not care less if you beat a ticket I wrote you. I still get paid either way.

4. If alcohol didnt exist I wouldnt have a job.

5. You can be killed in a mnor car accident if you dont wear your seat belt.

6. To add onto #5, I cant remember a single car crash where someone was killed who was wearing their seatbelt.

7. Some people will stick to their lies even if you have video showing otherwise.

8. I really dont want to arrest someone unless they are a criminal or I have to. That takes a lot of time and paperwork.

9. The joke "theyre here for you Johnny" or "I didnt do it" you say when I walk into your store isnt original. I hear it at least once a week.

10. When Im driving behind you doesnt necessarily mean Im trying to pull you over. There are a lot of important calls Im trying to get to in a hurry that Im not allowed to use my lights and sirens for. So please move over so I can go.

Thats all I have right now.

SMETNA
08-29-12, 12:43
9. High speed chases look like fun because they are

LoL:haha::no:

Doc Safari
08-29-12, 12:48
When I worked in law enforcement about the first thing I learned is not to judge a perp by how he looks. I've seen 'boy next door' nerd types that ended up in prison for some pretty gruesome crimes.

SteyrAUG
08-29-12, 12:50
You don't need to be a cop to realize this one:

"One of the things my upbringing did not prepare me for was the complete lack of civility that some people have. I didn't think of myself as having been sheltered from evil as a child, but I did not learn that some people have absolutely no regard for the welfare of anyone but themselves, and lash out at anyone who tries to make them aware they are not the only people on the planet."