PDA

View Full Version : RNC passes rule which allows them to replace state delegates...

Belmont31R
08-28-12, 16:37
More of the same from the RNC, and it's obvious they have one cadidate they are going to push and anyone else is going to get 'ruled out'.

Contrary to popular belief not every state has delegates which are bound to the popular vote, and even states with delegates bound to the popular vote by their state rules sometimes they are broken up based on a percentage basis of the top 3 candidates based on the popular vote. Some states the delegates are not bound at all by the popular vote.

So in states where the delegates are not bound by popular vote the delegates are selected by a vote. So its possible, for say, supporters of a candidate who did not win by popular to get enough people at the vote to vote delegates who will vote for who they support.

In turn the RNC passed a rule this week which says the RNC can replace state delegates at will, virtually ensuring the the RNC gets to pick who gets nominated REGARDLESS of state primaries or state delegates.

The RNC is cementing in the power they are giving themselves to keep nominating RINO's and quasi liberals.

http://michellemalkin.com/2012/08/27/floor-fight-grass-roots-activists-battle-attempt-to-rig-gop-convention-delegate-rules/

Dirk Williams
08-28-12, 17:34
Set. Checkmate. They know we have no othere choices. More importantly they don't care what we think or want. This election is a deflection from the real issues.

Once gain, it does not matter who's in the whitehouse it's going to be the sme out come eventually.

DW

The_War_Wagon
08-28-12, 17:58
It appears not to matter. Mittens won the nomination about an hour ago. :o

Belmont31R
08-28-12, 18:15
It appears not to matter. Mittens won the nomination about an hour ago. :o

Wouldn't have made a difference I just think its sending a message and reminding peoole who's making the real decisions. Said before the first primary or debate that Romney was going to be the choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

ForTehNguyen
08-28-12, 18:51
massive power grab, the death of grass roots

feedramp
08-28-12, 18:51
Looks like it didn't happen quietly: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/boehner-booed-at-convention-as-chaos-erupts-on-convention-floor-over-ron-paul-delegates/

Belmont31R
08-28-12, 19:03
I also should also point out there have been several "issues" at state level Republican meetings.

I did go to a Ron Paul meeting, and they explained the delegate process, and libertarian/Tea Party folks are getting really upset with their state process, and who is in control. The RNC has locked up the "old guard" who walks in lock step with them at the state level. I guess the meeting at the TX state was pretty heated, and the old guard tried to lock out the Ron Paul people, and keep them from being able to vote. There was another instance in another state including the police being called.

Even as a Ron Paul supporter I'm not for taking over the delegate process, and think they should go to the person who won the state primary vote. Or if a state wants to say 75% go to the winner and 25% go to the second place guy...whatever. But no matter what I don't think the RNC, at the national level, should be able to replace delegates with those of their choosing. In the future, and we get a more libertarian leaning candidate the RNC old guard can simply replace the delegates to pick whoever they want. Like it or not the RNC, and its leadership are NOT small government or libertarian friendly.

Either way you roll this is giving the RNC leadership the ability to wipe out your vote, and the state delegate system. If you don't know research how your state delegates work, what it takes to become a delegate, and who's in charge of your state party offices. Not all states are the same, and the process is just dependent on where you are.

glocktogo
08-28-12, 23:50
Might as well read: RNC Hastens It's Own Demise... :mad:

Sensei
08-29-12, 08:33
I'm not a fan of these rules changes, but I'm more concerned about delegations who try to vote for candidates that were not chosen by their state's nominating process. Perhaps this could be avoided if delegates were required in EVERY state to only vote for the winner of the their state's election or caucus. It can be a winner take all or proportional allotment - I don't care. Shit like this would be less likely to happen if the primaries were more like a direct vote and less like trying to navigate though the income tax code.

In fact, lets have 3 debates followed by a national primary / caucus day.

Doc Safari
08-29-12, 10:58
Might as well read: RNC Hastens It's Own Demise... :mad:

Yup.

I've been trying to keep up with various takes on this in the last few days and the consensus seems to be it's meant to be the death knell of the Tea Party.

Any bets on which party folds first?

Can you say 'Whig Party', "Bull Moose Party", "Republican Party?"

glocktogo
08-29-12, 11:27
Yup.

I've been trying to keep up with various takes on this in the last few days and the consensus seems to be it's meant to be the death knell of the Tea Party.

Any bets on which party folds first?

Can you say 'Whig Party', "Bull Moose Party", "Republican Party?"

I've decided that hereafter, I'll be referring to the GOP as the Tories! :D