PDA

View Full Version : Kiwis Killed get the Haka

M4Fundi
08-28-12, 17:47
A buddy of mine I worked with is a Maori and former NZ SAS and Aussie SAS. He introduced me to the Haka(not that I still fully understand it). It really is powerful!

RIP for the NZ soldiers

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/2nd-1st-farewell-their-fallen-comrades-with-a-huge-haka.htm#.UDzlaJN_KG0.facebook

feedramp
08-28-12, 18:47

theblackknight
08-28-12, 18:53
Thats looks loads funner then standing in formation. NZ wins.

Flashmob what?

Voodoochild
08-28-12, 19:09
So, grown men acting like wild animals then? Uh huh.

You need to pull your head out of your ass and wise the **** up. Those grown men are paying respect to fallen comrades. Don't act like a ****ing child...

ETA: theblackknight you need to not be a smart ass. Have some respect for what they are doing and whom they are doing it for.

chadbag
08-28-12, 19:25
Powerful.

RIP Warriors

--

Magic_Salad0892
08-28-12, 19:34
Wasn't able to open the link. Don't know why.

However, I respect services to honor fallen friends/soldiers.

:cray:

d90king
08-28-12, 19:58
Bad Ass! Very moving display. R I P Warrior.

Kfgk14
08-28-12, 20:09
Quite moving...
Rest in Peace.

QuietShootr
08-28-12, 20:16

I do not agree with your statement.

Belmont31R
08-28-12, 20:38
Disrespecting another nations way of sending off dead warriors is not cool especially when they are a small western nation who didn't have to send anyone, and did for US after 9/11.

feedramp
08-28-12, 20:45
I have the utmost respect for fallen comrades and to claim otherwise is creating a strawman - a baseless, false claim to argue against. I do not have to accept the antics done by someone else in their honoring the dead (the HOW) even while I respect and honor their fallen comrades (the WHAT). I'll stand by my opinion, and that's all it is. And for the record, I did not "act like a ****ing child", and in fact kept my thoughts succinct and accurate, where as you clearly flew way off the handle. Carry on.

Belmont31R
08-28-12, 20:52
Actually, looks like you need to separate the HOW from the WHAT. I have the utmost respect for fallen comrades and to claim otherwise is creating a strawman - a baseless, false claim to argue against. I do not have to accept the antics done by someone else in their honoring the dead (the HOW) even while I respect and honor their fallen comrades (the WHAT). I'll stand by my opinion, and that's all it is. Carry on.

Wow dude...when another country goes up to bat for you I don't think its appropriate to make fun of how their KIA are buried.

feedramp
08-28-12, 20:55
Wow dude...when another country goes up to bat for you I don't think its appropriate to make fun of how their KIA are buried.
I in no way made fun of it.

Belmont31R
08-28-12, 21:09
I in no way made fun of it. Where do you get that from?

Best I can tell is you were just hoping for someone to make fun of what is clearly a weird practice, and while I didn't make fun of it, my post is the closest you have to someone doing it, so all the rage and angst that's been building up just waiting and hoping someone would DARE say ANYTHING not 100% approving of that odd behavior, so you're trying to stick that label on me. Sorry, but it doesn't fit.

You compared them to wild animals.

You sound like you are proposing there was some conspiracy theory just waiting for someone to not appreciate another nations way of burying their dead and you just happened to stumble along.

Not sure what your point here is...but as I said NZ is a small western nation, and went up to bat for our country. I don't really care how they bury their dead in that I'm not going to go out to my way to be an ass as you did, and compare them to wild animals. You obviously do not have the ability to shut off the diarrhea coming out of your mouth, and put the guys in the video who were in hearses above yourself enough to shut your mouth.

Battle*Hound
08-28-12, 21:11
OP is friggin moving!!

I have been wanting to learn the Haka for years. I think it is absolutely bad ass!

Like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhcw4qt4t7Q&feature=related

militarymoron
08-28-12, 21:40
I do not have to accept the antics done by someone else in their honoring the dead (the HOW) even while I respect and honor their fallen comrades (the WHAT).

you're certainly entitled to your opinion (the WHAT). but given HOW you expressed it, none of the respect that you have for the fallen was evident in your post as you made fun of those grieving for the fallen.

showing respect for those who have lost is an integral part of showing respect for the departed.

feedramp
08-28-12, 21:45

SeriousStudent
08-28-12, 21:47
Every Kiwi I have ever met, has been a fine and honorable man. Their military especially so.

I hope that when I die, that many people care enough about me to offer their respects. My family would be moved.

chadbag
08-28-12, 21:50
Uh huh

I'm sorry but I thought we were all mature enough here to assume that someone isn't making fun of something unless they actually, you know, say something making fun of it. And regarding a subject like this, why would anyone dare make fun of such a serious matter as fallen comrades? Good grief.

I noted that they were acting like animals, which they objectively were. I made no joke about it, nor implied any humor. It was simply my observation of their behavior. I purposely left the comment short so as not to open up a sidebar discussion, and avoiding sharing any thoughts regarding how behaving like savages is something civilized people no longer do and for good reason, yet today such behavior is seen as some sort of good thing and "authentic" to a warrior ethos. Some of us disagree with that thinking and with that trend.

I do regret that I didn't also add a note of somber respect for the fallen, but I didn't think that would be necessary in light of my not providing any actual critique. Imagine my frustration that in spite of my best attempts to leave a simple observation, in order to leave no ammunition for opening up a debate, that post has still managed to become a topic of discussion.

M4Fundi
08-28-12, 22:07

If you think that this response to a thread honoring our fallen allies is not disrespectful then you sir have no ability to communicate effectively and should keep your nonsensical view of the world to yourself. What a disappointment...:confused:

Belmont31R
08-28-12, 22:12
If you think that this response to a thread honoring our fallen allies is not disrespectful then you sir have no ability to communicate effectively and should keep your nonsensical view of the world to yourself. What a disappointment...:confused:

He is either a troll or mentally ill. He PM'ed me about how full of rage I was. Whatever.

I for one am glad you posted it. Don't let the troll bother you.

M4Fundi
08-28-12, 22:34
Thanks Belmont......I know Al Qaeda has been encouraging all good muslims to troll our websites and drop turds in our punchbowls..... with his logic this could be Jihadist Troll... still really disappointing if he is one of ours:mad:

JohnnyC
08-28-12, 22:34
If jay35 were half the man that any of those Kiwis are he would be honored to be sent off in such a manner, and as such would have treated it with the respect it deserves.

Instead he makes snide little comments to validate whatever disappointing existence he has, knowing he will never be close to the same level of any of those men.

chadbag
08-28-12, 22:37
I for one am glad you posted it. Don't let the troll bother you.

+100

The Kiwis and Aussies are always there to back up our boys and ride into battle with them. I am always touched when I see the honoring of the dead warriors -- ours or our friends, it is the same.

---

Belmont31R
08-28-12, 23:01
+100

The Kiwis and Aussies are always there to back up our boys and ride into battle with them. I am always touched when I see the honoring of the dead warriors -- ours or our friends, it is the same.

---

They are awesome allies, and for such a small country as NZ is they have more than stepped up to plate. I hope our country shows as much balls as they have when their time of need comes, and we act like grown ups when it comes to recognizing their fallen for those guys who DIDN'T HAVE TO do it. I personally think these guys have to put aside a ton of baggage to go out there and fight like men because our country was attacked. It wasn't NZ who was attacked. Yet these guys go out there like it was, and some smart ass smuck with nothing good to say has to pipe in like a jackass. I hope the mods, and site staff take care of this because I personally think its no different than saying the same thing about our own funeral process, and some random jackass making a comment about it.

tgace
08-28-12, 23:48
If I go out, Id rather have my brothers display some kick ass warrior Honor's like this than a bunch of weeping and wailing.....

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

M4Fundi
08-28-12, 23:50
If I go out, Id rather have my brothers display some kick ass warrior Honor's like this than a bunch of weeping and wailing.....

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Agreed! Well said:)

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-29-12, 00:47
The Devil isn't going to come near that guy....

I can hear that it sounds different than the All Blacks Haka, didn't realize till I read the text that there are all kinds of Hakas.

Maybe Cameron can put together an M4C Haka....

The closest thing I can think of in the US is the cheering during the national anthem at Blackhawks games. I presonally think the Anthem should be sung at full volume by everyone in the stadium and should end with "....the land of the free and the home of the brave. So don't screw with us."

RogerinTPA
08-29-12, 02:00
I was on the ramp preflighting my aircraft in Bagram and witnessed a NZ Fallen Warrior ceremony performing the Haka, conducted right on the ramp of a C-17 as they loaded the caskets. It was indeed very unique, powerful and touching. It was a proud and emotional sendoff if I ever saw one...

ChicagoTex
08-29-12, 04:01
Very, very cool link.

I've got to be honest, at first I was alarmed and uncomfortable. It was really shocking to me how much energy, emotion, and sheer PURPOSE these men demonstrated, especially on such a somber occaison. I realize it's subjective by nature, but the point I ultimately came away with was that this is a demonstration of just how tremendous the spirits of these men (both the fallen and the living) really are.

Rest in peace to the fine warriors across the Pacific.

d90king
08-29-12, 05:57
I have the utmost respect for fallen comrades and to claim otherwise is creating a strawman - a baseless, false claim to argue against. I do not have to accept the antics done by someone else in their honoring the dead (the HOW) even while I respect and honor their fallen comrades (the WHAT). I'll stand by my opinion, and that's all it is. And for the record, I did not "act like a ****ing child", and in fact kept my thoughts succinct and accurate, where as you clearly flew way off the handle. Carry on.

Stay classy! If you don't get chills watching that you are dead inside.

austinN4
08-29-12, 06:27
I can hear that it sounds different than the All Blacks Haka, didn't realize till I read the text that there are all kinds of Hakas.
Yes, there are different haka. For those interested:
http://www.newzealand.com/travel/app_templates/haka/index_content.html

The haka tribute to the fallen warriors is very moving.

ETA: Not to pile on, but they weren't acting like animals, they were acting like traditional Maori warriors.

Watrdawg
08-29-12, 08:59
Watching the Haka sent chills up and down my body. I couldn't think of a better way for a warrior to be sent off.

On a side note can you imagine going into battle against those men after witnessing a Haka? Intimidating to say the least.

SHIVAN
08-29-12, 09:36

Indeed. May I be blessed enough to draw such love and attention to my parting.

Magic_Salad0892
08-29-12, 09:55
That's why they have to do it outside. There's too much comraderie to fit into one room. It's too badass.

BTW: I finally got to watch it. I'm diggin' it. I never use words like this, but it was quite touching.

M4arc
08-29-12, 11:46
jay35and theblackknight you're officially on notice. Wise up, act like adults or find some another place on the internet to play. Your names are coming up far too often lately.

I can't wait for school to start back.

SW-Shooter
08-29-12, 16:34
There are a few morons that need to get the boot, disrespectful ****ing kids, that's all they are. They contribute nothing to the community with that kind of intellect, or lack thereof.

RIP, Warriors. Your namesake will carry on throughout history.

I'd be proud to have that kind of send off, it is as touching yet as different as a full honors burial.

Denali
08-29-12, 16:46

Profoundly disturbing mentality, the emotions you prompt within me through such gross ignorance are not healthy...No, not healthy at all...:bad:

SW-Shooter
08-29-12, 19:14

You modify your initial post, and they post this bullshit. You're a real piece of work. I avoided much harsher words because unlike you I value this community.

SHIVAN
08-29-12, 20:07
Is there a reason we are still piling on folks?

montanadave
08-29-12, 20:26
Here locally, the Northern Cheyenne and Crow reservations have many young men and women serving in our country's armed forces. When these soldiers deploy and return home, they are always met at the airport and in their communities by tribal members wearing traditional headresses representing the various tribal warrior clans.

Such ceremonies honor both the soldiers and the culture of their communities, helping to strengthen the bonds between the generations. It's all good.

J8127
08-29-12, 22:21
I couldn't make it passed the 1st page....

davidjinks
08-29-12, 22:24
Warriors honoring warriors.

Romans used pyres. We, as Americans, use flag draped coffins and honor guards.

That's what it's all about, honoring your brothers and sisters who have fallen on the field of battle.

I would be honored and forever indebted to be sent off in that way.

chadbag
08-30-12, 10:22
Here locally, the Northern Cheyenne and Crow reservations have many young men and women serving in our country's armed forces. When these soldiers deploy and return home, they are always met at the airport and in their communities by tribal members wearing traditional headresses representing the various tribal warrior clans.

Such ceremonies honor both the soldiers and the culture of their communities, helping to strengthen the bonds between the generations. It's all good.

That's cool.