PDA

View Full Version : Costco and gun owners

Animal_Mother556
08-28-12, 18:34
So, a buddy of mine is going to borrow his mom's Costco card, and we are planning on heading to the nearest location (30 minutes) and checking it out.

For me, I just wanna see what they are like...I don't think I would ever be interested in a membership. I am drawn to the fact that they seem to treat their employees better than other places of that type (Wally World). I have done some searching, and I guess they are anti-gun (no firearms allowed signs).

My question is, is there evidence of them giving money to the anti-gun cause in any form? I am sorta okay with companies not wanting guns in their locations (They should be able to make their own decision on that...their house...their rules. Doesn't mean I have to shop there). But, I really don't want to go there if I have to watch people pouring 100s of dollars into that place...and thinking to myself "XXpercent of this money is fueling anti-gun causes".

Thanks, guys

jklaughrey
08-28-12, 18:52
My local Costco has no signs stating no firearms allowed. Even if it did, concealed means concealed so unless I'm getting wanded or stripped no one would be the wiser. Regarding anti gun....who knows but have never heard either way in regards to Costcos leanings on firearms.

tb-av
08-28-12, 18:59
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/07/costco-co-founder-jim-sinegal-backs-president-obama-on-business/

I have always heard he was a big democrat supporter.

Honu
08-28-12, 19:28
we buy a lot from costco great service great product and great return policy

dont like he supports obama ? but then again I dont want him to butt into my political beliefs so I wont butt into his

obama will be gone soon costco will be there long after he is out of office if I did not do anything with obama idiots I would not be dealing with half the people :) maybe a good thing :) hahahaha

being in the photography biz sadly %90 are lefties ?

Belmont31R
08-28-12, 19:40
Lots of big businesses send money to both sides. Anti-Gun signs are common in the big business world. I'd guess most people WORK for places that have a no weapons policy...yet you work there for a paycheck. Nobody wants a lawsuit because someone got shot in the store, and didn't have a no weapons policy.

VooDoo6Actual
08-28-12, 19:57
Don't know their politics but I CCW there all the time. Once a week at least.

sjc3081
08-28-12, 20:12
Costco generally give their political donations to the DNC
Wallmart gives to the RNC.

Zhurdan
08-28-12, 23:09
Just join the Mormon Church. They get automatic memberships to Costco and Sam's Club.;)

Gramps
08-28-12, 23:34
They sell gun safes, good price too. As far as CC, here I'm sure there are a lot of cc's in this store at any givin time. One has to watch and remember a lot of things are in bulk. It is a good thing to have a freezer if your going to shop there. What gets me is I'll get into something real good, like Taboule, and next thing you know, they don't have it anymore. An employee told me recently that when you look at the paper they have posted with the price, if there is an "*" (astric) in front of it, to ask up front and they can tell you if it is a one time buy, or a seasonal item.

chadbag
08-28-12, 23:38
Just join the Mormon Church. They get automatic memberships to Costco and Sam's Club.;)

:D I wish :D Would save me the yearly membership price.

We do have a lot of them down here though. From where I am at in the mid south west part of SLV, within about 30 min I can get to 4 Costcos. In 1-1.25 hours I can get to 8 Costcos (unless there is one more N of SL I am forgetting, then it is 9).

Sam's Clubs? Probably that many of those as well. Don't know, don't go to Ghetto Costco.

--

Zhurdan
08-29-12, 00:07
:D I wish :D Would save me the yearly membership price.

We do have a lot of them down here though. From where I am at in the mid south west part of SLV, within about 30 min I can get to 4 Costcos. In 1-1.25 hours I can get to 8 Costcos (unless there is one more N of SL I am forgetting, then it is 9).

Sam's Clubs? Probably that many of those as well. Don't know, don't go to Ghetto Costco.

--

Knew you'd appreciate that. hehe

Clint
08-29-12, 00:26
They sell gun safes, good price too.

They can't be totally anti gun.

The kids and I were just looking at a nice 51 gun Winchester safe for ~$850

Honu
08-29-12, 02:25
Costco generally give their political donations to the DNC
Wallmart gives to the RNC.

I shop at Sams club to :)

plus the sams here has Portuguese sausage which is really hard to get here :)

Moose-Knuckle
08-29-12, 03:58
I CCW at my local Sam's and Costco every time I enter either store, they both have the appropriate signage posted. .

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/ccwsign.jpg

Hmac
08-29-12, 11:04
In at least a few states, "No Gun" signs don't have the force of law. They can post, but there's no legal penalty for ignoring the signs.

Erik Scott ran afoul of a Las Vegas Costco's anti-gun policy with tragic consequences.

tb-av
08-29-12, 11:33
I seem to recall several years ago there was a small group of 4 to 5 people armed and going in to rob Costco. I think they hit Hampton, and may have been caught here in Richmond, but after that I recall a large sign, inside the store over the -exit- that stated something about no guns.

I have looked recently and I don't recall seeing an easily noticed sign. I know the one they had was never like that one from Texas.

I was under the impression many of the employees were Military family oriented as well for some reason. I shop there. I wouldn't want someone avoiding me simply because of who I vote for.

C-grunt
08-29-12, 11:34
I worked for Costco for about a year when I got out of the Army. Its a great company and they pay and treat their employees very good. All employees get a free turkey on Thanksgiving week.

Anyways the local Costcos around here have the no gun signs but they are inside along the fence that seperates the entrance and exit. Here in Az I dont believe that is a legal posting so Im not worried about it. If I didnt work there before I probably wouldnt even know the signs were there.

markm
08-29-12, 12:08
I worked for Costco for about a year when I got out of the Army. Its a great company and they pay and treat their employees very good. All employees get a free turkey on Thanksgiving week.

Yeah... Costco vs. SamsClub/Walmart.

Night and day. Sams club hires all the dip shits who can't get on at Costco. It shows.

Honu
08-29-12, 14:39
Yeah... Costco vs. SamsClub/Walmart.

Night and day. Sams club hires all the dip shits who can't get on at Costco. It shows.

that is so so so so so true

checking out getting help at costco is great :)

sams ? you are on your own and check out usually takes for ever and no personality :)

seems we shop about 10x more at costco just a few items at sams they have good school supplies and we home school

duece71
08-30-12, 08:15
A company may not be Anti Gun in itself, the signs might just be placed by anti gunners themselves. Its just a sign.

30 cal slut
08-30-12, 08:36
none of the costco's in my are are posted. we have a lot of ccwer's in this state too. :confused: