PDA

View Full Version : Video: Suppressed guns at varied distances (Noveske SBR)

Fireman1291
08-29-12, 02:03
Now this turned out good. It really gives you a different perspective on what it sounds like!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnU8o53z-WE

Mahk
08-29-12, 14:36
Now this turned out good. It really gives you a different perspective on what it sounds like!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnU8o53z-WE

Thanks for the vid. You should tag it to pop up in text with what weapon and configuration you're shooting in for the long distance portions for clarity.

Stangman
08-29-12, 14:40
Good video. It would have been nice to do the 'hide & shoot' that you did at the end with the suppressed AR, since that's what most of here use.

C-grunt
08-29-12, 14:47
Awesome video.

Fireman1291
08-29-12, 20:31
Good video. It would have been nice to do the 'hide & shoot' that you did at the end with the suppressed AR, since that's what most of here use.

I'm going to do an entire video like that ;)

Fireman1291
08-29-12, 20:32
Thanks for the vid. You should tag it to pop up in text with what weapon and configuration you're shooting in for the long distance portions for clarity.

K. I'll add that when I get of duty. :)

Clint
08-29-12, 23:19
Great video Fireman!

One nice point was the variety of calibers compared side be side.

Sierra276
08-31-12, 14:24
Great Vid.... Don't often get the opportunity to here from the impact location, what the host weapons sounds like...

That 300 is very quiet delivering a large slug downrange... Impossible to detect where you were firing from...

Taprackngo
08-31-12, 17:56
Simply Awesome. I enjoyed it and commented. Thanks

Ironman8
08-31-12, 20:19
Very cool to see this.

THIS is where I see a definite selling point for the 300BLK.

IMO subsonics out of a 300BLK (preferably bolt or handirifle) is the best feature for the cartridge...all the other "features" can be done adequately or better with a 5.56.

Fireman1291
08-31-12, 20:33
Thanks guys! I'll be doing more videos like this soon! Stay tuned to my channel ;)

TACAV
09-06-12, 08:47
Very cool vid! Thanks for taking the time to film it!

Magic_Salad0892
09-06-12, 17:59
That rainstorm is beautiful, and I love the running for cover (truck) in the beginning. Lol.

Fireman1291
09-07-12, 13:46
That rainstorm is beautiful, and I love the running for cover (truck) in the beginning. Lol.

lol, he'll if I had a boonie hat and water proof camera I would have done it in the rain.

GUNSLINGER733
09-12-12, 23:26
Great video

everyusernametaken
09-12-12, 23:50
Very cool, thanks for taking the time and effort to make an awesome video. It has good points of reference, so you can judge the difference between the various hosts/suppressors - this shows that you know how to make a useful demonstration on this topic.

Fireman1291
09-14-12, 14:09
Very cool, thanks for taking the time and effort to make an awesome video. It has good points of reference, so you can judge the difference between the various hosts/suppressors - this shows that you know how to make a useful demonstration on this topic.

Thank you for the kind words!:)

Aries144
09-14-12, 20:46
I'd like to see a similar video where the camera was placed similar distances from the shooter, but not along the path of the bullet's travel. For instance, to test the sound of the shots for those of us who live where it's legal to shoot, but have intolerant/fearful neighbors. ;)

Really an outstanding video Fireman. Thanks again.

Fireman1291
09-16-12, 06:05
I'd like to see a similar video where the camera was placed similar distances from the shooter, but not along the path of the bullet's travel. For instance, to test the sound of the shots for those of us who live where it's legal to shoot, but have intolerant/fearful neighbors. ;)

Really an outstanding video Fireman. Thanks again.

OK so like an observers point of view. I can do that. I'll do a suppressed and unsuppressed POV.

everyusernametaken
09-16-12, 06:21
Have you done any videos from a target's POV? As in setting up a camera downrange, looking back towards the shooter? That could be interesting, especially for rifles at longer ranges. I don't know off the top of my head what specific ranges would be most useful, but they would certainly be different for pistols and rifles.

hotrodder636
09-16-12, 06:43
Interesting video! Thanks for taking the time to make it. I wish I had land or a buddy with land like that I could go do things of that sort at:p

Fireman1291
09-16-12, 07:48
Have you done any videos from a target's POV? As in setting up a camera downrange, looking back towards the shooter? That could be interesting, especially for rifles at longer ranges. I don't know off the top of my head what specific ranges would be most useful, but they would certainly be different for pistols and rifles.

Umm did you watch the whole video? Lol

everyusernametaken
09-16-12, 08:01
Umm did you watch the whole video? Lol

No, sorry I've been meaning to finish it, I kept getting sidetracked. I'll finish it now. ;)

Fireman1291
09-16-12, 10:29
No, sorry I've been meaning to finish it, I kept getting sidetracked. I'll finish it now. ;)

lol. Too funny.

elnino31
09-16-12, 12:53
Awesome video, thanks for taking the time. The last shot was the best.

Camera did a pretty good job of picking up accurate sounds

Aries144
09-16-12, 20:17
OK so like an observers point of view. I can do that. I'll do a suppressed and unsuppressed POV.

Thanks man! I look forward to your next video.

everyusernametaken
09-16-12, 20:23
Okay, finally had time to sit down and watch past the 5 minute mark! :p

Awesome video! Most people would probably never get the chance to hear from that downrange perspective, and it is very different from all of the videos out there comparing suppressors, which all seem to focus on the shooter's or a bystander's POV. You have a very cool opportunity there with all that land, I wish I had a place like that!

I was impressed with how quiet the 9 and 45 both were downrange, especially at the longest distance, 100 yards or whatever it was. 22 and 5.56 were pretty much what I expected. I am currently waiting on paperwork for a 300 BLK SBR, I had a chance to shoot one with an AAC 7.62-SDN-6, and I couldn't believe how quiet and low-recoil they are.

The 9 at 100 yards sounded exactly like the typical "silencer" movie effect, which makes me wonder if that is the source of those sound clips they use to dub over the real sound of the suppressed firearm.

Almost nailed the camera with that last 300 BLK shot from 100 yards. I have to admit, part of me wanted to see it get hit! :D

Fireman1291
09-18-12, 12:54
Okay, finally had time to sit down and watch past the 5 minute mark! :p

Awesome video! Most people would probably never get the chance to hear from that downrange perspective, and it is very different from all of the videos out there comparing suppressors, which all seem to focus on the shooter's or a bystander's POV. You have a very cool opportunity there with all that land, I wish I had a place like that!

I was impressed with how quiet the 9 and 45 both were downrange, especially at the longest distance, 100 yards or whatever it was. 22 and 5.56 were pretty much what I expected. I am currently waiting on paperwork for a 300 BLK SBR, I had a chance to shoot one with an AAC 7.62-SDN-6, and I couldn't believe how quiet and low-recoil they are.

The 9 at 100 yards sounded exactly like the typical "silencer" movie effect, which makes me wonder if that is the source of those sound clips they use to dub over the real sound of the suppressed firearm.

Almost nailed the camera with that last 300 BLK shot from 100 yards. I have to admit, part of me wanted to see it get hit! :D

lol. I'm going to make more videos like this!

Voodoo_Man
09-18-12, 13:47
sweet video

thanks for posting.

tommyrott
09-21-12, 23:19
awesome, but could you post 300 blk with supersonic ammo? dreamin of a 30 wilson suppressed