PDA

View Full Version : Glock frames

Slater
01-31-08, 11:09
The frame on my G17 says "Made In Austria", but I've heard that Glock has started making some frames in Georgia. Simply a cheaper way to go or possibly just for the "Made In USA" content?

koalorka
01-31-08, 14:02
The frame on my G17 says "Made In Austria", but I've heard that Glock has started making some frames in Georgia. Simply a cheaper way to go or possibly just for the "Made In USA" content?

They're just assembled in Georgia. The frames are molded in Austria.

M4arc
01-31-08, 14:07
They're just assembled in Georgia. The frames are molded in Austria.

Actually Glock has been molding the G17/22/31 sized frames in the US for about two years now. They set up the manufacturing equipment in '05 I think with the plan of also making the G19/23/32 sized frames as well but I don't think they are making those here, yet.

I have one Made in the US G17 and I'll look at the markings tonight and try and get a picture for you.

Robb Jensen
01-31-08, 14:14
Actually Glock has been molding the G17/22/31 sized frames in the US for about two years now. They set up the manufacturing equipment in '05 I think with the plan of also making the G19/23/32 sized frames as well but I don't think they are making those here, yet.

I have one Made in the US G17 and I'll look at the markings tonight and try and get a picture for you.

Yep.
The U.S. made frames just read "Glock Inc, Smyrna GA" on the right side of the grip.

M4arc
01-31-08, 14:23
Yep.
The U.S. made frames just read "Glock Inc, Smyrna GA" on the right side of the grip.

Yep, that's it. Thanks. I'll still try and get a photo posted or maybe HotRod9mm will come along and post one before I have the chance ;)