PDA

View Full Version : GlockVector Industries

NeoNeanderthal
08-29-12, 18:52
http://glockvectorindustries.com/products-page/firearms/handguns/custom-glocks/pv/

Has anyone had any experiences with these custom glocks? I looked on here and have not heard any experiences good or bad. Any thoughts would be welcome.

NeoNeanderthal
08-29-12, 18:53
The mag themselves are kinda cool. These in particular i'm interested in.

Nephrology
08-29-12, 20:00
Looks hilariously overpriced.

Sensei
08-29-12, 20:07
Looks hilariously overpriced.

My exact thoughts. It's a Glock, not a semi-custom 1911.

mkmckinley
08-29-12, 20:12
So they basically stipple and cerakote a Glock, mill the slide, install a 3.5 lb connector, and mill the mags for $868. For that price I'd want at least a fitted high end barrel and a way to attach an RMR (something like the ATOM mount).

I like some of their ideas and the work looks to be very well executed but they're asking a lot for the package.

snakedoctor
08-29-12, 20:25
$700.00 for a stock Glock??? Wtf are these guys smoking

I do like the stippling though

Sensei
08-29-12, 20:50
$700.00 for a stock Glock??? Wtf are these guys smoking

I do like the stippling though

To be fair, it is technically not stock. They threw in a $15 connector and some $3 springs...

RD62
08-29-12, 21:39
I don't get it... but then I'm not an Operator working in nocturnal environments. Full length slide serrations? Really? And the Patent Pending Lateral Status Slots look like a blatant copy of the slots on a Wilson 47D 1911 Mag.

The majority of the rest of their work looks like some fairly common GLOCK mods and a refinish for an exorbitant price.

Oh, and don't forget the $3K AR SBR.

But like I said maybe I'm missing something

snakedoctor
08-29-12, 23:46
I think Salient Arms opened the door to 1500-2500 dollar Glocks.

G19A3
08-30-12, 05:02
http://glockvectorindustries.com/products-page/firearms/handguns/custom-glocks/pv/

Has anyone had any experiences with these custom glocks? I looked on here and have not heard any experiences good or bad. Any thoughts would be welcome.

My thought is I pray you are not seriously thinking of throwing down four figures for one of these monstrosities. Seriously, I have NEVER, REPEAT NEVER, poked fun at anyone's attempt at pimpin' out their stuff. Absolutely never. And the internet is littered with some fine pimpin'/mac daddy/bubba/ATAS (all tactical and shit) examples. I say to each their own. Live and let live, and all that.

But I closely checked out that site for amusement and I had to break my own rule of never making negative comments. Clearly, this company has too many idle CNC machines and too much time on their hands. Each one of their models are engraved "Limited Edition, x of 100". Really? Seriously? Please in the name of everything that is holy, tell me they didn't make 100 of each but will just engrave each stock gun consecutively as an order comes in. Cause they are NEVER gonna sell them all. And if they did, those poor souls who momentarily lost their minds to buy one will NEVER be able to give them away nevermind selling them at ANY price to the used gun market.

Did this company not get word that Saddam Hussein is dead? Because perhaps I could've envisioned him being interested, what with all his chromed/guilded AK's.

Even more comical is the mall ninja language they plaster all over to describe these abortions. WTF is turnkey? What am I buying a house or something? Then again at the prices on that website.... And aren't/shouldn't all new guns be ready to go, errr I mean turnkey out of the box? WTF is increasing follow up shot speed (though technically correct) with ugly random holes all over the slide? RadarVector and other vocabulary gems?? AND those prices!!!! Good God, someone please tell me that website is a joke, airsoft, or throw some water on me to wake me up from this nightmare.

Some things just can't be unseen.:fie:

Urban_Redneck
08-30-12, 06:29
Here's a thought, shoot every dude that says he can make a Glock trigger feel like a 1911, a better world ensues.

Littlelebowski
08-30-12, 06:48
This reads like a bad joke..... I've also never heard of PFC Training but hey, the word "operator" was used and there's FDE, beards, and multicam!

In addition, we have seen the glowing signature from three tritium sights actually give away an operators location.

Magic_Salad0892
08-30-12, 06:50
I'd love to know when they saw the tritium from a dude's pistol sights give away his position.

El Cid
08-30-12, 08:08
I'd love to know when they saw the tritium from a dude's pistol sights give away his position.

It can happen - especially using NODS. I'm pretty sure they are referring to a holstered sidearm where the rears are exposed. It's not the real reason many of us have moved to all black rear sights, but it sounds cooler when they try selling these guns to mall ninjas.

The entire website makes me think it was developed by people who play Call of Duty, but they are wearing Multicam shirts so they must be real "operators." Lol!

Magsz
08-30-12, 09:11
The mags have a sweet cutout in them to collect dirt....

Plus they have cutouts so they reload faster.

Note i said they reload faster. 1400 bucks means the gun reloads itself...right?

What a sham...

What the hell is wrong with a stock Glock?

snakedoctor
08-30-12, 09:36
I want to know where they got their burner tip to make that texture. Looks exactly like what SAI is using on their Glocks.

Atchcraft
08-30-12, 09:50
I want to know where they got their burner tip to make that texture. Looks exactly like what SAI is using on their Glocks.

It looks something like these http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=396/Product/WOOD-STIPPLING-PUNCHES I think I'm going to set one up for my wood burner.

The price on this pistol seems silly.

702Shooter
08-30-12, 10:21

I'll start off by saying that my opinions are typically not received well on this forum. People here often form their opinions without ever seeing or using the products they despise and talk so much trash about. That being said, I actually own a PS Vector and have shot the PV17 a couple of times. I'd also like to add that I'm far from a mall ninja but equally as far from being an "operator." I'm a regular guy who likes guns.

My first impressions of the PV17 were not favorable and I turned down the opportunity to shoot it the first time because I simply didn't care for the looks of it. Then I pulled my head out of my ass and shot it. It's a great gun with better trigger control and accuracy than a stock Glock and I don't see why that is being looked at as such a horrible thing. Especially since if you wade through all the BS, the main thing people are bitching about is the price point and not the functionality.

Haters gonna hate.

Littlelebowski
08-30-12, 10:31
Maybe I missed something. Does it come with a fitted barrel or how is it more accurate, 702Shooter?

Because I might be able to more readily understand why it costs so much if it had a fitted barrel as opposed to those ****ing stupid machined grooves along the slide.

702Shooter
08-30-12, 11:22
Maybe I missed something. Does it come with a fitted barrel or how is it more accurate, 702Shooter?

Because I might be able to more readily understand why it costs so much if it had a fitted barrel as opposed to those ****ing stupid machined grooves along the slide.

No, it does not come with a fitted barrel. My guess...and it's just that...(as I said, I'm no operator) Is it has something to do with the trigger guard undercut and reshaping of the grip. I say this because out of the box, I shoot better with both the PV17 and the PS Vector than with a standard G17 or G19 that I've used for years. I would also attribute some of that to the lighter trigger pull. The PS Vector is significantly better but it has the complete ZEV Fulcrum trigger along with all the other internal parts upgrades and a match grade KKM barrel. For my use, the trigger adjustments of the PS make one hell of a difference and when I first saw the PV17, I didn't think I would like it without the higher end trigger. I was wrong.

Whether you have heard of PFC or not, the company is filled with operators and it was their input that went into "those ****ing stupid machined grooves along the slide." Do I like the look of all the serrations? Not really, but the functionality is there.

Littlelebowski
08-30-12, 11:35
So, in other words the gun is not mechanically more accurate, you just shoot it better.

As far as invoking the sacred word operators, I looked at the bios on their site.

Stipple the gun yourself, put on the sights of your choice, and maybe fit a barrel if you need more accuracy. Polish the trigger internals, call it a day. It's very silly to think that you can buy your way into accuracy from my experience.

okie john
08-30-12, 11:38

Almost every mod shown on that site will make a Glock less reliable.

Glocks need very little improvement, and 99% of what they require can be done on a pickup tailgate with cheap hand tools by unskilled labor guided by YouTube videos. The only exceptions I can think of are fitting a few oversized barrels and milling the slide for an RMR.

A search will reveal any number of threads about basic Glock mods, and they contain a LOT of wisdom from people who use weapons at work every day. Check them out.

Okie John

trinydex
08-30-12, 11:49
I didn't get why they went through all that work on the fancy stuff and left the mag catch unscallopped. The mag button unrounded.

Magsz
08-30-12, 11:50
Um...

You can get a fully kitted out Glock from Doug at ATAEI (i think that is what they are called) for WAY less than the price of that thing.

Sure, it wont be coated in anti corrosion whale sperm or PTF298172Qoperator sweat but it will be melonited which is good enough.

The original question stands. What is wrong with a regular ol Glock?

Take it one step further. What cannot be "fixed" or improved upon by the average Joe?

Go one step further and divide end user demographics and we end up with two things that the "average" guy cannot do.

Slide serrations and Grip Texture.

These types of pistols are NEVER used by serious professionals. They are over hyped, over marketed CRAP designed to lure in Tactidouche retards.

702Shooter
08-30-12, 12:02
So, in other words the gun is not mechanically more accurate, you just shoot it better.

As far as invoking the sacred word operators, I looked at the bios on their site.

Stipple the gun yourself, put on the sights of your choice, and maybe fit a barrel if you need more accuracy. Polish the trigger internals, call it a day. It's very silly to think that you can buy your way into accuracy from my experience.

And from my experience, I think it's very silly to run a blog on blogspot.com but hey, there's obviously a market for it so WTF do I know? Perhaps I should publicly shit talk them with all my "knowledge" of their product that I have never used?

Anyway....Yeah, I shoot it better because of the mods. Hello? Isn't that why you do these things in the first place?

I'd also like to point out that most shooters I know, including competition and operator types, don't shoot stock weapons. They shoot modified guns that they typically don't modify themselves. Yes, there are exceptions to the rule but overall, they buy the modified weapon and/or take it to a gunsmith for the mods in which case all the things you are referring to will end up costing more.

Stipple it yourself? I've seen very few quality home grown stipple jobs and many completely ****ed up ones.

Some people buy a stock Mustang and put in the same mods that go into a Shelby. Others buy the Shelby and "call it a day."

Littlelebowski
08-30-12, 12:16
Aside from the slide machining, what exactly is so special about this Glock, 702shooter? I mean, special to folks that aren't enamored of slidefire/bumpfire stocks? You can still get someone else to do the stippling and grip work, add in the sights of your choice, a new barrel or not, and come in way under their price. Or you could get a red dot and get it mounted to your Glock for something truly innovative and different as opposed to gripwork, paint, and soem grooves.

As far as the blog, that's a sometimes hobby of mine. It's not me putting out mediocrity and charging custom 1911 prices.

But hey, those guys are......(hushed, reverent silence) operators. Never mind that their combined bios don't come close to the bio of the last instructor (http://f2sconsulting.com) I trained with who does not call himself a (hushed, reverent silence) operator. I suppose he'll have to cry himself to sleep with his stock Glock 17 and Bronze Star.

Littlelebowski
08-30-12, 12:53
I didn't get why they went through all that work on the fancy stuff and left the mag catch unscallopped. The mag button unrounded.

Because....(hushed, reverent pause) operators.

trinydex
08-30-12, 14:06
Haha. I feel like that's the first thing anyone that shoots tries to remedy.

Business_Casual
08-30-12, 14:31
Built on the tried and tested chassis of the Glock semi-automatic platform

So is it a chassis or a platform?

I'm confused.

BC

okie john
08-30-12, 15:11
So is it a chassis or a platform?

Exactly. Not only is the product questionable at best, but the writing that promotes it is pathetic.

Okie John

CC556
08-30-12, 15:21
Exactly. Not only is the product questionable at best, but the writing that promotes it is pathetic.

Okie John

As I understand it the chassis is the platform from which the operators do their tactical operating.

okie john
08-30-12, 15:24
As I understand it the chassis is the platform from which the operators do their tactical operating.

The most important sentence on that whole site: "There is no fluff here."

Anytime someone tells you that, it's basically a fluff alert.

Jeebus.

Okie John

Magic_Salad0892
08-30-12, 15:25
Gun = $500
Sights = $150 or so.
Trigger connector = $4
Polish job = Free. Unless you count the cost of the dremel, and polishing tip ($20)
Stipple Job = Free. Unless you count the cost of the wood burning kit. ($10)
Krylon = $20? (I've never done it.)
Sending it off to get those stupid slide serrations stuck on it = $60-70?
Ruining your magazines = Free, as you could do it with the dremel with the dremel.

That's $754-764.

What am I missing?

Now... let's compare that to the price of a gun that doesn't suck.

Gun = $500
Sights = $150
Trigger Connector = $4
Polish Job = Price of dremel + polishing tip = $20
Stipple = Price of wood burning kit = $10 (IF you do this. I don't.)
Threaded barrel = IF you want it $179
Vickers Extended controls package = $25
Butt plug = $10

Gun that doesn't suck, without threaded barrel = $719 (stippled)
Gun that doesn't suck, and can use a suppressor = $898

And if you can get an FDE gun for the same price as a non FDE gun. :|

What would you be getting for this piece of shit gun if you actually bought it?

(Remember I'm not factoring guys like me who use an alternate extractor, and HRED. If that's you, add $30.)

okie john
08-30-12, 15:30
What would you be getting for this piece of shit gun if you actually bought it?

I'd start with a For Sale sign.

Okie John

Littlelebowski
08-31-12, 05:06
I finally made the time to watch the video sales pitch and made sure to read every one of their instructor bios. I'm sure that they're good dudes and all but selling this Glock for that much, automatically turns me away from ever considering training with them. Not to mention the plethora of been there, done that former military veterans running around. It's very easy for a SWAT guy to self label as an "operator," it's much harder for a military guy to earn said title or (better yet) a public record of actions in combat.

I've trained with some of the top trainers in the world. None of them running around spouting the word "operator" whilst clad head to toe in multicam and none of them would countenance selling a weapon like this for that much.

For references, see Failure2Stop, Kyle Defoor, and Larry Vickers.

Big A
08-31-12, 10:13
WOW...:rolleyes:

If you don't like a Glock why not look at an HK or S&W M&P or XD or any of the other guns on the market that cost far less?

I don't understand spending an obscene amount of money on a pistol that you don't like the way it feels/shoots, etc to make it something you do like.

Plus, I'm a Glock guy and have none of the issues these guys supposedly "fix", so I can't rationalize spending that much money on a pistol.

I'd love a Wilson Combat CQB Elite 4" but there is no way in hell I'm spending $2500 on an 8 shot pistol.

Magsz
08-31-12, 10:48
I cant believe i am doing this but in defense of the company...

Most buyers these days dont really care about the RESULTS of shooting the firearm. They enjoy how the firearm makes them feel when they look at it, when they handle it and when they show it off to their friends.

There is also a third person perception about how cool they are when they are shooting their firearm. It kind of goes along with today's society where people give far too much of a damn about what other people think about them.

Therefor, idiots will pay for something like this if it satisfies an emotional need. This forum USED to be made up of mostly people that cherished results above all else.

Littlelebowski
08-31-12, 10:49
I cant believe i am doing this but in defense of the company...

Most buyers these days dont really care about the RESULTS of shooting the firearm. They enjoy how the firearm makes them feel when they look at it, when they handle it and when they show it off to their friends.

There is also a third person perception about how cool they are when they are shooting their firearm. It kind of goes along with today's society where people give far too much of a damn about what other people think about them.

Therefor, idiots will pay for something like this if it satisfies an emotional need. This forum USED to be made up of mostly people that cherished results above all else.

Agreed but let's try to keep M4C from slipping further.

Magsz
08-31-12, 10:55
Agreed but let's try to keep M4C from slipping further.

I am all for that but i also dont fault the uninitiated or uninformed. It is not THOSE people that i despise so greatly.

It is the current crop of people attending classes and literally, throwing money at a skill set that by and large, gets them nowhere in their own personal development as a user of firearms.

It is a two day feel good, fantasy camp session.

This pistol is an embodiment of that phenomenon.

Do we blame the trainers, or do we blame the consumers? Shrug...

This forum needs more Surfs IMO.

NeoNeanderthal
08-31-12, 11:02
Wow. As the OP i did not think i would start this much of a shit storm!!!!

My good friend already ordered one unfortunately. But he does have a lot of disposable income... Hopefully the gun is just overpriced and not much better then a stock glock. I will feel really bad if they ****ed up the reliability by messing with the internals. He took a 3 day class with his 1911 and had some issues (as well as 2 other 1911 shooters). So i think he is still in the expensive custom 1911 mindset. (He had a Nighthawk). Of course he talked to me after he ordered this gun.

I guess the only thing that really bothers me about this gun is that the frame reduction/stipple job is not that great. Especially compared to boresight.

Personally if i wanted to drop 1400 dollars on a glock. I'd buy two and shoot one of them while i sent the frame of the other to boresight and the slide to ATEI. Then if get i didnt want it black id cereakote it.

okie john
08-31-12, 11:24
I will feel really bad if they ****ed up the reliability by messing with the internals.

If that happens, he can replace the internals with stock parts for about $20.

Okie John

Rattlehead
08-31-12, 12:42
Through a unique hot implement texturizing process..

Hmm, I wonder what in world this means.

Could it mean a $15 Weller soldering iron?

okie john
08-31-12, 12:55
Could it mean a $15 Weller soldering iron?

That's exactly what it means. It's like referring to the short bus as "exclusive transportation for a select group of like-minded individuals."

Okie John

bubba04
08-31-12, 12:55

this thing is an abortion. Part of me died when I saw this.

Business_Casual
08-31-12, 12:59
The weight of the slide is carefully calculated to ensure reliable operation, so we decide to **** with it and gouge out needless serrations all along the slide. And then patent it.

NeoNeanderthal
08-31-12, 13:16
Soo.... no thoughts on the magazines? I had never seen that and thought it was kinda cool. Was hoping someone had one and had run it hard.

Littlelebowski
08-31-12, 13:43
Soo.... no thoughts on the magazines? I had never seen that and thought it was kinda cool. Was hoping someone had one and had run it hard.

No one who bought this would dare admit that its "features" didn't work.

Magsz
08-31-12, 14:15

The magazine modification is utterly useless.

In case those jack holes didnt know, the BACK of the magazine will tell you how many rounds you have left...

Heavy Metal
08-31-12, 14:56

In case those jack holes didnt know, the BACK of the magazine will tell you how many rounds you have left...

Exactly! It already has witness holes from the factory.

Bob Wiley
08-31-12, 16:23
I watched the video.

They wear sunglasses and talk with their arms crossed.

Those dudes are authentic.

Nuff said! Buy the gun!

RD62
08-31-12, 16:32
Exactly! It already has witness holes from the factory.

But these are LATERAL Status Slots.... clearly superior to simple witness holes.

Rattlehead
08-31-12, 16:41
I wonder if these guys actually think that what they've created is a new concept.

i.e. - serrations, stippling, connector swap, etc...

snakedoctor
08-31-12, 17:35
I'm all for texturing, swapping sights and a mild trigger job, but this is overkill and overpriced

bubba04
08-31-12, 19:03

ahhhh that's what those holes were for!

Atchcraft
08-31-12, 19:12
That's exactly what it means. It's like referring to the short bus as "exclusive transportation for a select group of like-minded individuals."
Best one I've heard all day! I may have to borrow that one.

Magic_Salad0892
08-31-12, 20:46
The weight of the slide is carefully calculated to ensure reliable operation, so we decide to **** with it and gouge out needless serrations all along the slide. And then patent it.

This was my first thought about the stupid serrations...

okie john
08-31-12, 22:38
Best one I've heard all day! I may have to borrow that one.

Help yourself.

Okie John

Steve S.
08-31-12, 23:21

I've always wondered this about any company removing material, or even adding something like an RMR to the slide. Though I'm sure it's a non issue.

I must be one of the chosen few who has no problems manipulating the slide with the rear serrations or a nice ledged sight.

RD62
09-01-12, 07:53
I must be one of the chosen few who has no problems manipulating the slide with the rear serrations or a nice ledged sight.

That's a good point.

In their video they go on about the rear sight and how they are able to manipulate the slide effectively with it's relatively small profile. However, when it comes to manipulating the slide with the factory slide serrations (which present a larger grasping area) apparently that is too difficult and requires the slide to be serrated for it's entire length.

So which is it?

Joeywhat
09-01-12, 09:11
The slide serrations offer a legitimate improvement over stock. Not to say that they are required by any stretch of the imagination, but they do work (at least the ones I've seen and used, no comment on the OP's link). With the serrations I've used, there was no reduction in reliability, and I have North of 10,000 rounds through both an M&P and Glock that's had it done (along with another thousand or so through a Shield). Like I said before, it's not required, but there are benefits to some (especially for single handed manipulations). It's just like frame stippling, the stock grip isn't bad, but more grip is better for some people.

You can get all that work done at other places a la carte for about $200-300 cheaper, from my calculations.

J_B
09-02-12, 06:00
I surfed the site and watched the video.

1) The video took me back to those sleepless nights and I'm on the couch surfing channels and come across a "best product EVER" infomerical.

2) It really really made me feel like I was at a car dealership and the turd is trying to tell me that the stock truck has a lift kit.....

3) Stippling the baseplate? I'm lost on that but I'm just an average shooter..not an operator.

Nephrology
09-02-12, 07:27
Texture EVERYWHERE!! For no-hands manipulation, when both of your arms have been blown off at the elbow from an RPG wielding assailant at Walmart, so you can perform tactical reloads with your buttcheeks and the concrete.

~~operators only~~

Also, I am glad that you guys had the patience to watch those videos, as soon as I saw the multicam and the Foaklies and the stupid beards in the preview I knew I didn't dare to click.

Rattlehead
09-02-12, 13:07
The slide serrations offer a legitimate improvement over stock. Not to say that they are required by any stretch of the imagination, but they do work (at least the ones I've seen and used, no comment on the OP's link). With the serrations I've used, there was no reduction in reliability, and I have North of 10,000 rounds through both an M&P and Glock that's had it done (along with another thousand or so through a Shield). Like I said before, it's not required, but there are benefits to some (especially for single handed manipulations). It's just like frame stippling, the stock grip isn't bad, but more grip is better for some people.

You can get all that work done at other places a la carte for about $200-300 cheaper, from my calculations.

Yep..

What really irked me was the verbiage.

Irish
09-30-12, 07:48
Thought I'd chime in since I've shot the pistol and trained with PFC. I don't have a dog in the fight but thought I'd throw my .02 in since I'm familiar with both.

I shot the highly overpriced Glock the first day PFC received it at one of their pistol courses that I attended. I put a couple of magazines through it, thought it shot well and didn't think much about it after that. I can see the serations helping someone wearing gloves, possibly. I normally shoot a Gen3 G19 so it was a bit different going to the 17 and having the hump removed definitely made it point differently.

If someone wants to spend the money on it I don't see the point in getting wrapped around the axle. Personally, I wouldn't spend that much money on it but I could care less if someone else wants to. The prices some people were paying to buy stock FDE Gen 3 Glocks were damn near close to the price of that thing.

In terms of PFC I've been to classes taught by Mike Barnhart and Brian Hartman. Their respective bios don't encompass the entirety of their work, shooting experience or employers from what I know of them. Both of them are humble, down to earth guys who are very good instructors in my experience, know how to shoot and more importantly they have the ability to convey that instruction to their students effectively. I've been to 3 classes with PFC and have never heard them use the term "operator" or anything of that nature.

halo2304
09-30-12, 17:09
How can they patent "Lateral Status Slots" when some magazinges have had these features for years? Wilson Combat mags have them. Older H&K mags have them. Hell, the Makarov magazines have a big 'ol cutout in the side.

Bullseye-777
09-30-12, 17:16
"Fore to Aft Slide Serrations (patent pending). :stop: :D

Littlelebowski
09-30-12, 17:40
Thought I'd chime in since I've shot the pistol and trained with PFC. I don't have a dog in the fight but thought I'd throw my .02 in since I'm familiar with both.

I shot the highly overpriced Glock the first day PFC received it at one of their pistol courses that I attended. I put a couple of magazines through it, thought it shot well and didn't think much about it after that. I can see the serations helping someone wearing gloves, possibly. I normally shoot a Gen3 G19 so it was a bit different going to the 17 and having the hump removed definitely made it point differently.

If someone wants to spend the money on it I don't see the point in getting wrapped around the axle. Personally, I wouldn't spend that much money on it but I could care less if someone else wants to. The prices some people were paying to buy stock FDE Gen 3 Glocks were damn near close to the price of that thing.

In terms of PFC I've been to classes taught by Mike Barnhart and Brian Hartman. Their respective bios don't encompass the entirety of their work, shooting experience or employers from what I know of them. Both of them are humble, down to earth guys who are very good instructors in my experience, know how to shoot and more importantly they have the ability to convey that instruction to their students effectively. I've been to 3 classes with PFC and have never heard them use the term "operator" or anything of that nature.

I trust what you say absolutely but there's a huge disconnect here and those guys need to un**** the product endorsement of this wildly over priced Glock. Their web page descriptions suck and that along with that silly Glock is what got them being discussed in this manner. Maybe they can get some good AARs up and change the language on their site.

eesmith4
09-30-12, 17:50
The only way I'll spend $1,400 on glock is if I buy 3 of them at one time.

I must be a mutant, because the glock grip angle indexes perfectly for me. I hate the finger grooves however, so I have a strong preference for the late gen 2 guns.

J_B
09-30-12, 18:14
The only way I'll spend $1,400 on glock is if I buy 3 of them at one time.

I must be a mutant, because the glock grip angle indexes perfectly for me. I hate the finger grooves however, so I have a strong preference for the late gen 2 guns.

I bought a new blue label Gen 3 17 from my LGS.

It definately didn't fit my small hands. My friend does great stippling so he dremeled the finger grooves and did a small reduction on back strap wih stippling the grip, frame and undercut(?) the trigger guard and Stippled that.

Fits my hand much much better and it didn't cost me $1400.

BUT my Gen4 19 fits perfect with absolutely no desire to remove finger grooves.

I guess smaller frame of the 19 fits my tiny hands.

Irish
09-30-12, 19:44
I trust what you say absolutely but there's a huge disconnect here and those guys need to un**** the product endorsement of this wildly over priced Glock. Their web page descriptions suck and that along with that silly Glock is what got them being discussed in this manner. Maybe they can get some good AARs up and change the language on their site.

You'll get no argument from me bro. Marketing is definitely not their strong point.