PDA

View Full Version : 24" bushmaster stainless varmint special

jeto
08-29-12, 19:12
i am looking to get a 24" bushmaster stainless varmint special AR. well am looking to trade for one. don't know much about it. the fellow wants me to trade him my mint condition springfield sub compact xd 9mm and a mossberg 500 home defense shotgun. seems like a no brainer to me but like i said, don't know to much about the varmint rifle. shoots .223 and has a 1:9 twist. any opinions? also has a custom paint job that i okay with. not quite my cup of tea though.

Blak1508
08-29-12, 20:11
i am looking to get a 24" bushmaster stainless varmint special AR. well am looking to trade for one. don't know much about it. the fellow wants me to trade him my mint condition springfield sub compact xd 9mm and a mossberg 500 home defense shotgun. seems like a no brainer to me but like i said, don't know to much about the varmint rifle. shoots .223 and has a 1:9 twist. any opinions? also has a custom paint job that i okay with. not quite my cup of tea though.

XD 9mm with how many rounds?, shape?, and also same with the Mossy ? Any aftermarket on them, not that it really matters you really never get what you put in on aftermarket but still it will help get a better idea of what your looking at as far as price goes... What type of condition is the BM in ? What type of paint was used ? Not really giving us a lot of info on the details to say if it's a no brainier or not IMO... I have seen the BM go for as much as 1100 brand new with an optic and as little as 900 at some shows... The XD if I'm correct is about 500-550 new ? My XDM 45 ACP compact was around 615.00 so I am just basing it off of that the mossy can go NIB for like 315-490 for the tac version... So yeah it about a fair trade depending on the shape of yours vs his ... I would through all of that into account then make your decision..

jeto
08-29-12, 20:44
very low round count on both of my guns. mint as stated. cerakote job on the BM, not sure of the round count as i need to talk to him a bit more.

Blak1508
08-29-12, 21:57
Gotcha... Yeah I saw the mint part but I have a PPQ mint with almost 3000 rounds through it so that's why I asked... Anyway the BM V is a nice AR for what it is meant for, yeah get some more details then we should be able to give you more thoughts. Regardless best of luck buddy. Let me know how you make out

GTifosi
08-29-12, 23:36
I think you'd be taking a loss with that trade myself.

If nothing else, the barrel length is going to be pretty much just a waste and unless you're rolling your own rounds and are a super shooter at the top of your game to begin with. (if you were, doubtful that particular rifle would be anywhere on your 'I want' list to begin with)
Not to mention the extra weight if you have to tote it long or far.

Plenty of commentary about even 14.5" and 16" barrels throwing things accurately out several 100 yards.

Well, that and its a bushmaster

Blak1508
08-30-12, 08:54
Is this the type of AR your looking for? For the money you would prob get selling as a private sale you could prob get the money and buy or come close to a brand new AR and a good one. Not saying the one stated is not, but just something to think about.