PDA

View Full Version : DDV5 vs Colt 6920

Djstorm100
08-29-12, 19:51
Been thinking about this for the past two days. I really want Daniel Defense but they have gone up in the last 6 months leaves me wondering. What about a colt 6920 that I can get for 975. Even if I had a 300 front hand guard from DD I'm still under 1419 (price of the DD) My question is DD any better? I know they are smaller and CAN have better quality control. What lit the fire under my ass so to speak about getting a few AR's is the UN shit going on. Thanks guys in advance.

sinlessorrow
08-29-12, 19:56
Been thinking about this for the past two days. I really want Daniel Defense but they have gone up in the last 6 months leaves me wondering. What about a colt 6920 that I can get for 975. Even if I had a 300 front hand guard from DD I'm still under 1419 (price of the DD) My question is DD any better? I know they are smaller and CAN have better quality control. What lit the fire under my ass so to speak about getting a few AR's is the UN shit going on. Thanks guys in advance.

Both are great brands and you really cannot go wrong with either. One thing to remember is Colt is still the only company with the TDP so take that for what its worth.

Also the UN got shot down on their little treaty.

Djstorm100
08-29-12, 19:58
Both are great brands and you really cannot go wrong with either. One thing to remember is Colt is still the only company with the TDP so take that for what its worth.

Also the UN got shot down on their little treaty.

The UN is meeting up again.

TDP??

Thanks for the info!

sinlessorrow
08-29-12, 20:01
The UN is meeting up again.

TDP??

Thanks for the info!

Technical Data Package, Colt is the only manuf. who has the ability to make their civilian fire arms using it because they own it. DD is a great company, and I have had one of there uppers before, but I personally would get the Colt. Now if the DDV5 has things you want but cannot get then that is a different story.

also the UN meeting was shot down July 27th, I have found no word of them trying again in only a month since it was denied.

Djstorm100
08-29-12, 20:28
Technical Data Package, Colt is the only manuf. who has the ability to make their civilian fire arms using it because they own it. DD is a great company, and I have had one of there uppers before, but I personally would get the Colt. Now if the DDV5 has things you want but cannot get then that is a different story.

also the UN meeting was shot down July 27th, I have found no word of them trying again in only a month since it was denied.

Is TDP all the spec of the rifle, dimension, pressures, etc? I goggled it but they just referenced it.

sinlessorrow
08-29-12, 20:40
Is TDP all the spec of the rifle, dimension, pressures, etc? I goggled it but they just referenced it.

yes, its basically the blue prints to the fire arm.

awdxtc
08-29-12, 22:12
I just ordered a DDM4 V5. It was actually shipped today. I chose it because of the long rail and excellent build quality and customer service. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Tzook
08-29-12, 22:15
Both rifles will be ultra high quality. I'd pick the DD, but that's just because I prefer that style of rifle. Choose which style you like, and go for it!!

CDR_Glock
08-29-12, 22:20
Daniel defense has great customer service and build quality for what I've heard and read.

Sanpete
08-29-12, 23:02
My question is DD any better? I know they are smaller and CAN have better quality control.

They CAN, but generally don't. Get the Colt.

And the UN nonsense has been going on for years. And years.

Also, link to the $975 Colt?

awdxtc
08-29-12, 23:13
They CAN, but generally don't.

I have seen nothing but top notch products from daniel defense.

Whitebrad25
08-29-12, 23:16
They CAN, but generally don't. Get the Colt.

Also, link to the $975 Colt?

LOL. They generally do. Not sure when the last time you picked one up was...

Evil Colt 6920
08-29-12, 23:16
If I saw a 6920 for $975 I would have snatched it up on the spot. I have a 6920 and a DD and both are top shelf. I shoot my Colt a LOT more but it's setup how I want it. My DD is a KISS carbine for now. Get the Colt and spend the money you saved on ammo or a nice RDS.

Iraqgunz
08-29-12, 23:47
There have been numerous Godzilla vs. Mothra vs. Rodan thereads. use the search button.

If you are seriously worried about the "UN stuff" whatever that means, you need to get a new hobby.

Either carbine would be an excellent choice.