PDA

View Full Version : Forward Set Sear Kit/Trigger for M&P

jwfuhrman
09-01-12, 12:31
Just got my FSS Kit and trigger, got it installed but for some reason the trigger is not resetting.....

Any suggestions on a fix?

Maybe I should have sent it to APEX to just have them install it :confused:

jwfuhrman
09-01-12, 12:48
nvm, I think I fixed it. found you have to adjust the cam on the trigger bar slightly sometimes so thats what I did

Randy Lee
09-01-12, 13:24
Just got my FSS Kit and trigger, got it installed but for some reason the trigger is not resetting.....

Any suggestions on a fix?

Maybe I should have sent it to APEX to just have them install it :confused:
Hi Jon,

It sounds like it will be one of two situations- either the trigger loop isn't allowing the sear to rotate far enough, or the trigger pre travel setting is too short.

Pull the slide from the frame. This way we can check the pre travel setting. Pin the trigger to the rear and hold it there. Next, push the vertical protrusion of the trigger bar to the right so that the sear can reset (trigger still pinned to the rear). Now, slowly release the trigger forward. You should see the trigger loop move towards the left and line up in front of the sear cam, ready for the next trigger stroke.
If the trigger loop isn't snapping back to a position in front of the cam, then there may be plastic flashing in the front of the trigger recess that is preventing the trigger from moving forward enough. The plastic flashing can be removed with a small file, exacto knife or emory board. Probably only .005" of material needs to be removed if this is the case.

If the gun passes the pre travel test and the trigger loop does reset to a position in front of the sear cam, then the trigger loop is most likely not engaging the sear cam soon enough in the trigger stroke. In this situation, please refer to our youtube video on our AEK trigger installation. It will walk you through how we adjust the slope of the trigger loop. The link is on our online store under AEK trigger.

You can also call us on Tuesday, and Jon can walk you thru this process over the phone. Or, you can also send the pistol to us to fine tune.

Randy

Randy Lee
09-01-12, 13:25
I'm always a day late and a dollar short...:p

jwfuhrman
09-01-12, 14:16
I posted here knowning you guys are closed, and was hoping to get a fix before having to call and bug you over something probably simple, but alas, my problem has not been solved.

It resets when dryfire racking, but when shooting it will not reset. The slide is traveling far enough to chamber the next round, but the trigger will not reset. I have to pull the slide back about 1/2 an inch in order to reset the trigger then I can fire, then repeat all over again.

Randy Lee
09-01-12, 15:35
I posted here knowning you guys are closed, and was hoping to get a fix before having to call and bug you over something probably simple, but alas, my problem has not been solved.

It resets when dryfire racking, but when shooting it will not reset. The slide is traveling far enough to chamber the next round, but the trigger will not reset. I have to pull the slide back about 1/2 an inch in order to reset the trigger then I can fire, then repeat all over again.
Jon, what sear spring do you have in the gun? Is it the one provided in the kit?

Randy

jwfuhrman
09-01-12, 18:02
It would help if I'd read the entire thread and see that you posted a fix for my issue.... Cause I read it after I posted and got it fixed! Thanks!!!