PDA

View Full Version : Sig 250, 2022

maverick223
09-01-12, 16:57
Just got back from my lgs and they had a p250 2sum ? I did a search to see about its reliability but to no avail. And I also held the 2022 which one would be a better call?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

mkmckinley
09-01-12, 17:10
Between the 250 and the 2022 I'd go with the 2022 but in general I'd choose neither. There are better options. Do more research.

It's a good idea to define what you want to use the pistol for. Also, you'll be taken more seriously if you bother to use proper grammar and real, actual words.

maverick223
09-01-12, 17:15
I forgot I was back in English Nazi country...thanks for the answer then I guess I will save my money then.

Big A
09-01-12, 17:22
I too agree that you would be better off looking at other options.

In my opinion the only Sigs worth having are made of metal.

Striker
09-01-12, 17:23
Just got back from my lgs and they had a p250 2sum ? I did a search to see about its reliability but to no avail. And I also held the 2022 which one would be a better call?

Sig P250 was horrible upon release. It had huge problems. Some reading for you. https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=825222&postcount=7 From there you can link to another discussion and a report. Some say that the problems have been solved; maybe, but I just wouldn't spend my money on this gun. And that's coming from someone who likes Sig.

The SP2022 is getting really good reviews. It is a good pistol for not a lot of money. Todd Green says it's a good pistol for the price. Ken Hackathorn thinks it's a fine pistol and Bruce Gray has one as a carry gun. Those are some pretty knowledgeable people that like the pistol.

maverick223
09-01-12, 17:29
Thank you for the input. I kinda liked the 2022, but I guess I can just wait a little bit more and purchase the 226 !

SigSlave
09-01-12, 17:57
It all depends on what you can live with better. An extremely long trigger pull in the P250 or a trigger with the most amount of creep I have ever felt in a gun before. The Sig Pro is probably the lesser of 2 evils and would probably even be a decent gun with some additional trigger work.

marh415
09-01-12, 19:38
Between the 250 and the 2022 I'd go with the 2022 but in general I'd choose neither. There are better options. Do more research.

It's a good idea to define what you want to use the pistol for. Also, you'll be taken more seriously if you bother to use proper grammar and real, actual words.

Really!!!

To the OP, If your absolutely looking for Sig in that price range, then the 2022 is the way to go. Do some research on the P250, you'll find your answer rather quickly.

Microalign
09-01-12, 20:57
Classic Sigs are generally pretty decent guns. I've been using them for the last 15 years in Federal service and I have seen a LOT of guns come across my armory table and fired in the hands of cadets/officers. There has been some "issues" in the last few years in regards to quality controls, so buyer beware if you are wanting a Sig made after 2005(I can help you distinguish between old and new guns).

I would completely stay away from Sig's polymer guns. Yes, the P2022 is an "okay" pistol, but in comparison to other available pistols it is just that....."okay". The P250 is an absolute disaster and I would avoid it like the plague:
http://www.gsnmagazine.com/node/21291?c=law_enforcement_first_responders

I know two of the officers that participated in the ATF pistol trials, and the P250s were death traps.

So many nice offerings out there. H&K P2000/P30.......S&W M&P.......Glocks........Walther PPQs......... Not much reason in my professional opinion to go with any models that Sig offers. Personally, I hope we piggy back onto CBP's contract for H&Ks in the near future.

Striker
09-01-12, 21:05
Thank you for the input. I kinda liked the 2022, but I guess I can just wait a little bit more and purchase the 226 !

IMHO, that's a better choice. I don't think Sig makes a better gun than the P226.

D.O.B.A
09-04-12, 14:09
There is nothing wrong with the Sig 2022. I have one in .40 that I purchased about five or six years ago, I've put about 4200 rounds through it and the only issues I've had were cheap ammo/dirty gun/ not enough lube related. I trust it enough that it is my bedside gun with an x200 weapon light attached. It is a little bulky for concealed carry, but that is not an issue for me, as I have both the p220 and p226 that conceal well enough with an IWB holster to fill that role. If you do want to go the 226 route, see if you can find a Sig Certified Pre-owned. My 226 was a Police trade-in that didn't appear to have been carried much, and probably only shot during Qualifications as it was in very good condition for a "used" gun. Plus it was built during Sigs "Good Years" in the early 90's.

Bulldog7972
09-04-12, 15:07
Before you go and eliminate the 250 because of a few, I suggest you do a little more research. Thre are a whole lotta guys that like the 250. I was just reading a thread over on Sig foum about this very topic. One of the members there who is a Police Officer, runs a training company and who works for Gray Guns recently either bought one or rented one and was pretty impressed. Take a look and make an intelligent decision based upon an honest and objectve evaluation.

Business_Casual
09-04-12, 20:18
Before you go and eliminate the 250 because of a few, I suggest you do a little more research. Thre are a whole lotta guys that like the 250. I was just reading a thread over on Sig foum about this very topic. One of the members there who is a Police Officer, runs a training company and who works for Gray Guns recently either bought one or rented one and was pretty impressed. Take a look and make an intelligent decision based upon an honest and objectve evaluation.

Do you own one and have you used it in a multi-day test such as a pistol class? What is your basis for saying that it is a good option other than reading a few reviews of it, in other words.

Bulldog7972
09-05-12, 16:23
No I don't own one and I'm sorry if I left that impression. But as I said, there are many who do like the weapon like the man I mentioned. As a matter of fact I've met more who liked it than those who didn't.

maverick223
09-06-12, 01:27
Thank you everyone ! For your time and input, I believe I have settled on a 226 later on down the road. But have decided that a m&p .40 or 9mm since I already own a officers 1991a1 .45

GoFasters
09-06-12, 01:50
Well congrats on your decision, I will say that I own an sp2022 in 9mil and it's a great gun, the trigger is actually better than my 226, excellent reset. For $399 NIB, it's harder to find a better value. But that's my opinion based on first hand use. You could listen to the guys that have never run one yet feel compelled to give their opinion on it, that's always an option. :D

tfltackdriver
09-07-12, 08:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmckinley

End mkmckinley quote

Originially Posted by marh415
Really!!!

To the OP, If your absolutely looking for Sig in that price range, then the 2022 is the way to go. Do some research on the P250, you'll find your answer rather quickly.

If you're going to pile on, you should probably proof your own post.

There are better polymer guns than the 2022, but it is quite serviceable.

HKBanger
09-07-12, 08:17
They are worth about $350 each. You do get a lot of gun for the money. I'd take the 2022 over the P250, but I've heard the P250 has improved over the years. I'd put them on par with the Ruger SR9/40 and Springfield XD's.

edit: You might as well get a police trade in Sig Sauer P6 (P225) for like $400'ish if you look around -- they were manufactured around 1980 (most of them) and are classic Sig quality, not this newer Sig bullshit.

Kain
09-07-12, 14:04
Never cared for the 250 and from the experiences on a friend who bought one because he was interested in the ability to run multiple calibers I won't buy one, not with the gun not being overly reliable with a variety of ammo in his hands and trigger being less then stellar in my opinion, have turned down several in trade locally too.
The 2022 though seems like a decent pistol and if I could find one used local for around the $300 mark I would buy it. From the few I have shot the trigger is smooth and while not a SIG SRT trigger its not bad, and they have shot very accurate for me as well, allowing me easy hits standing on a torso sized target at about 75-80 meters. In short, wouldn't mind having one, but I need another pistol like I need a hole in the head at the moment though.

SigSlave
09-08-12, 23:06

You mean real words like 2Sum, which is actually 100% correct grammar because that is what the product is called.

Where did the OP use poor grammar?

Some people.....

Up1911fan
09-09-12, 12:01
I think the SP2022 is a great gun for the money. I mainly carry stiker fired polymer gun's, but shoot the SigPro often to remain proficient with DA/SA handguns.