PDA

View Full Version : New DD M4V1 owner

Blak1508
09-02-12, 19:34
Hello everyone I just got a new DD M4v1 on friday and finally had a chance to shoot it, I was using 55 gr federal and shot about 200 rounds at 50 yards. I did not have a chance to sight in the rifle at 100 yards like I wanted to so I did not make any adjustments. I noticed that I was a tad low and grouping all 30 shots within 5 -7 inches. This leads me to a question about the sights. I am using them as the top of the front post and the other 2 outside post being where I am wanting to hit and as I said I was about 3-5 inches low. So then I compensated for this and made the center of all 3 post aligned as my POI. in other words I was using the halfway mark on the sights as my POI. I know this would be different at 100 yards and I am not really worried about how I shot today but this is my first time ever shooting an AR and my question is how do you use the 3 post on the DD sights. I just was wondering if there is a general rule of thumb when using them, like if I am supposed to cover the bulleye with the front post or if when I align the 3 post I shoot POI right above... As I said I am going to go to the range and properly sight the rifle in at 100 so I can adjust to other distances know my etc, I really hope I did not confuse anybody lol.
Real quick being the first time I have to say something about the rifle... WOW ... It is soo smooth and feels great to shoot . Follow up shots are a dream. I bench fired it and also Stood up and shot it with no rest. I am so happy I want with DD and the V1. It's such a great rifle.
Anyway if someone could point me In the right direction of how to use the iron sights on the DD V1 I'd appreciate it, I only ask because I know that every rifle and pistol is different and from Europe to America, sights are set up differently. Some you cover with your front sight and shoot POI other you put front sight just above or below and shoot POI. Thanks in advance
Cheers-

AKDoug
09-03-12, 02:05
The sights are adjustable. Adjust them to how you want to shoot. I personally sight my rifle so that the top of the front sight is POI.

Blak1508
09-03-12, 21:56
Yeah I got that , just checking if there was a common rule of thumb.. I am putting an T-1 on it soon enough as well.