PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint comp c3 or eotech 512

Jake.g.dpms
09-02-12, 23:48
Pretty self explanatory, any opinions? Lookin for a good optic for Christmas.

FVC3
09-03-12, 03:11
Pretty self explanatory, any opinions? Lookin for a good optic for Christmas.

Hmmm... That .dpms thing might be a problem :D

May I suggest using the Search feature?

Or you could just buy the Aimpoint rather than have the 512 explode, melt-down, run away with your daughters (both of them)...

Seriously, Search is your friend.

Hmac
09-03-12, 08:01
Horse apiece, IMHO. AFAIK, the battery contact problem with the 512 has been addressed by Eotech. Even so, I'd get an XPS or EXPS Eotech before any of their inline models. But if I were looking for an entry level and cost-effective RDS, I'd get the Aimpoint PRO.

wtheesfeld
09-03-12, 10:17
Aimpoint. IMHO you will be much happier. (I went the eotech route first, then aim point and I'll never go back)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Jake.g.dpms
09-03-12, 10:26
Hmmm... That .dpms thing might be a problem :D

May I suggest using the Search feature?

Or you could just buy the Aimpoint rather than have the 512 explode, melt-down, run away with your daughters (both of them)...

Seriously, Search is your friend.

Well good thing I'm getting a noveske upper And dont have two daughters..or any kid for that matter, and I've been doing some searching, I just wanted an opinion from some of y'all on this forum

crusader377
09-03-12, 10:53
The aimpoint Comp C3 is a great optic and I have been very happy with mine. I would also look at the Aimpoint Pro which is less expensive than the C3 with mount.

Dos Cylindros
09-04-12, 05:01
I will say the Aimpoint. I have extensive experience with both. At my last agency the issue optic was the 512. The battery life is much shorter than the Aimpoint (measured in hours and not years), and the battery contact issue, while improved is not totally fixed. I saw many 512's go down at my agency, and have never personally seen mine or another person's Aimpoint go down. The 512 is not a bad optic, but for me the Aimpoint is a stellar optic.

JSantoro
09-04-12, 08:03
We don't have a shortage of existing Aimpoint "vs." EOTech threads that are discoverable via either of the Search features.