PDA

View Full Version : Finally got one built

tb-av
09-03-12, 11:53
https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=13447&stc=1&d=1346691305
Daniel Defense lower from G&R Tactical - why - flared mag well and good overall reputation.

G&R Tactical LPK - why - reputation

Tango Down pistol grip - also have MIAD but TD felt a bit better in my hands

Magpul CTR Stock and Mil tube - Figured this was a good starting place. Plan to use QD swivels and it has a point for that. H Buffer, tube and spring also from G&R Tactical.

Magpul Trigger Guard - looks good, works good.

Noveske QD Endplate - why - good reputation for QD attachment

BCM BCG - why - reputation

BCM Ionbond SS 16" upper w/FSB - why - reputation and wanted accuracy as much in my favor as possible. Also wanted the FSB for a variety of reasons... a) it's there if you need it, b) it can be shaved if need be, c) I've actually come to like the look of the FSB.

Centurion Arms rail - why - Somewhat easy install by novice, I think it looks good on 16" w/FSB, will afford mounting a BiPod further out should I go that route

Troy rear DOA BUIS - why - I like the idea of the diamond shape, reputation for quality BUIS.

Blue Force Gear Vickers CAS sling - reputation and padded strap

Windowed P-Mag - why - I just wanted one.

Lube - FrogLube - why - read the FrogLube thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Unfinished
-----------
Ammo
Time to go sight in ( hopefully this week )
QD swivels
White Light
RDS

TWimsett
09-03-12, 13:36
Very Very Nice. Congratulations on your build. Have fun shooting it.

SteveL
09-03-12, 13:37
Nice looking rifle. Where did you find a DD lower?

Evil Colt 6920
09-03-12, 13:58
Nice looking rifle. Where did you find a DD lower?

THIS! I've been looking for a DD lower since Feb. Nice build.

tb-av
09-03-12, 14:49
The lower was from Grant ( edited above ) but I've had this thing going on quite a while. Planning, saving, waiting.

Thanks for the comments.

TB

bobslife6826
09-03-12, 17:44
THIS! I've been looking for a DD lower since Feb. Nice build.

In stock, as of right now at Midway.........

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/844113/daniel-defense-lower-receiver-stripped-ar-15-forged-matte

Oh yea, Very nice build, I love those centurion arms rails, and that mid length gas system should make for a reliable, great shooting rifle........congrats!

polymorpheous
09-03-12, 17:52
You're gonna red dot that upper?
Why not go with at least 1-4x?
That barrel deserves it.

n517rv
09-03-12, 18:01
In stock, as of right now at Midway.........

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/844113/daniel-defense-lower-receiver-stripped-ar-15-forged-matte

Oh yea, Very nice build, I love those centurion arms rails, and that mid length gas system should make for a reliable, great shooting rifle........congrats!

Sent from my Sprint EVO 4G LTE

tb-av
09-03-12, 18:08
You're gonna red dot that upper?
Why not go with at least 1-4x?
That barrel deserves it.

To be honest I have thought of that, especially with my eyesight. I was really concerned about a red dot and being so left eye dominant, but I have an old Ultradot here and held that up as though mounted and everything looked fine. So I'm ok for a RDS but funds are low now.

I even considered one of those Primary Arms RDS just to get by and maybe try to learn some things about a scope.

I think I would like a scope, but I have to deal with cost and serious cross dominant eyesight. Speaking of which,,, do people shoot 1x4 scopes with both eyes open?

Evil Colt 6920
09-04-12, 15:23
To be honest I have thought of that, especially with my eyesight. I was really concerned about a red dot and being so left eye dominant, but I have an old Ultradot here and held that up as though mounted and everything looked fine. So I'm ok for a RDS but funds are low now.

I even considered one of those Primary Arms RDS just to get by and maybe try to learn some things about a scope.

I think I would like a scope, but I have to deal with cost and serious cross dominant eyesight. Speaking of which,,, do people shoot 1x4 scopes with both eyes open?

Im cross dominant as well and personally have no problems shooting magnified with both eyes open. Your results may be different. Go to Academy and look through some different scopes and see how it affects you.

tb-av
09-04-12, 18:48
That's good to hear..... I kinda like the look of that Vortex Viper PST.