PDA

View Full Version : Saber/LRB M4. How did i do?

Wulfmann
09-03-12, 14:58
This seemed like a decent buy at this past weekend's gun show.

It is a Saber upper with a 12" barrel and a permanently attached fake suppressor.
It has a set of DPMS folding sights a cheap flashlight and I removed a Knight's rail and put on a Magpul vertical grip (like every other M4 i have (7) a Magpul,CTR stock and a Midwest industries quad rail.
It also came with a package of 3 Troy 30 round mags (I use Pmags so sold them) and I added a couple of ladder covers

I paid $800.00 (less $35.00 for the Troy mas sold) or $765.00 net

I am not crazy about "fake" suppressors nor the DPMS sites (I was told they are not cheap, however).

Opinions???

I can't think of a reason why i should regret this gun at this price
Can you???

Wulfmann
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Wulfmann/ARs/Saber-L.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Wulfmann/ARs/Saber-R-front.jpg

justin_247
09-03-12, 17:51
No, you did not make a good decision.

You lost 4" of perfectly good barrel and replaced it with what amounts to a Christmas tree ornament. The sights are DPMS crap. Who knows who made the bolt carrier group and LPK. POS rail system. And a lower receiver that can be bought stripped for only $100.

For $865, you could have purchased a known good quantity, like a Spike's Tactical M4. For slightly more than that, you could have assembled a BCM or DD rifle. And for less than $1000, you could have purchased a Colt.

I don't understand people like you. Why couldn't you just wait and do your research before buying the product? Instead, you buy it, start having doubts about it, and then go on the internet seeking confirmation. I realize that ADD is prevalent in our society, but damn...

uncle money bags
09-03-12, 18:04
All i can say is wow... Just, wow.
Im half tempted to think you are trolling us.

wtheesfeld
09-03-12, 18:08
No, you did not make a good decision.

You lost 4" of perfectly good barrel and replaced it with what amounts to a Christmas tree ornament. The sights are DPMS crap. Who knows who made the bolt carrier group and LPK. POS rail system. And a lower receiver that can be bought stripped for only $100.

You should start a YouTube channel where you read posts from TOS and comment on them. I actually "laughed out loud" to this

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

northern1
09-03-12, 18:13
Sell that to a mall ninja ASAP. You'll prob be able to turn a profit strangely enough. Mall ninjas pay top dollar for things like fake cans with spiders.

Split66
09-03-12, 18:23
I doubt you are going to get any love here regarding your choice. You'll have to decide if you made a good move after several 1000 rounds down range. I personally cant fathom why you didnt spend that $800 on ammo to feed the 6 other ARs you own but hey it's your money to burn! :)

3 AE
09-03-12, 19:13
I can't think of any reason at all why you should regret your purchase. It will serve your needs admirably. You got a great deal on it. A worthy addition to your collection. Rock on!

AMMOTECH
09-03-12, 19:24
:( Well....

I did not read past "permanently attached fake suppressor". Sorry.

Wulfmann
09-03-12, 21:37
It was an impulse buy.
I have a table at the gun show
I know I can strip some parts like the CTR, slap on a Moe sell the DPMS sites as they are considered collectible (originally $150.00 a set hard to believe now) get 50 for them put a 1000 rounds doing combat drills and get $800 for it at the next show

Here is what I have learned from gun shows.

This fake can crap sells. The fact it is fake makes it undesirable to me but not to the magpies. Dey luv dis neat stuff.

When i first saw the fake suppressor I winced but I quickly realized I had to think like a noob and put myself in his shoes.

I could put this next to a Colt 6920 NIB and on the other side a NIB Sig 516 and make all the same price and you can be sure the magpies will ooooh and aaaah for this puppy and buy it first (There are not that many informed buyers at GSs anymore).

I generally do not like builds and this is the only one I have.
But, I knew the guy need the money and I have no doubt I will get free use and extra parts for free so why not?

As for should have bought more ammo, well, let's just say i am looking for a bigger house, you do the math!

Without being condescending I do not consider any of the mentioned alternatives as anything but mediocre and not worth the money suggested and certainly not near capable of the return this will bring.

I truly was ignorant about this and was asking for some opinions.
Sorry if seeking your advise makes me a troll.

Perhaps you should suggest to the mods I be banned from this site.:suicide:

Wulfmann

Split66
09-03-12, 21:42
So wait, you bought the gun to strip anything decent, beat the shit out of and flip to an unsuspecting "magpie"?

I'm confused..........

kaiservontexas
09-03-12, 22:03
Well if you can flip it for something better than do so as soon you are capable.

But you did ask how you did, and the answer was given, not well.

JasonM
09-03-12, 22:43
I am so confused by this thread...

KingCobra
09-03-12, 22:51
hmm.....

Split66
09-03-12, 23:18
I am so confused by this thread...

http://i.imgur.com/oAESf.jpg

I'm calling shenanigans. Someone pistol whip this to death........

Wulfmann
09-04-12, 07:27
So wait, you bought the gun to strip anything decent, beat the shit out of and flip to an unsuspecting "magpie"?

I'm confused..........

What's your point? :sarcastic::lol::sarcastic:

Most of you understandably see just what you like and I keep just what I like.

But, I have a table at a gun show to try various stuff and sometimes I do not do as well as others.
I never sell a gun for profit but I do often get free use and free parts i prefer like swapping out the CTR for a Moe, to me an upgrade.

Not sure how the Midwest quad is a POS but then to me anything that has an A2 front site is an antique and should be eligible for a CR license.

We all have the right to buy what we want, well I believe that.

Wulfmann

Littlelebowski
09-04-12, 07:39
Let's take it easy, gents.

I'd sell it when the Barackolypse 2.0 gun buying panic hits full swing or sooner if you can get what you paid for it. Then I'd buy an S&W M&P, Spikes, Colt, Daniel Defense; one of the known goods.

Reason I'd sell it is the permanently attached fake suppressor. You all of the negatives of a short barrel and none of the positives (balance, length, attach a real suppressor, etc.

polymorpheous
09-04-12, 07:58
I'm going to be blunt.
You did poorly.
And to justify your poor choice you argue that you will flip it and sell it to whatever racial slur you come up with.
Which reflects poor character.

As far as I'm concerned this board doesn't need members like you.
Now to report your posts and add you to my ignore list.

markm
09-04-12, 08:11
Reason I'd sell it is the permanently attached fake suppressor. You all of the negatives of a short barrel and none of the positives (balance, length, attach a real suppressor, etc.

This.

There's NO upside to this. And if people ask you why your can is SO loud. You have to tell them about the silly shit....

Wulfmann
09-04-12, 08:21
Let's take it easy, gents.

I'd sell it when the Barackolypse 2.0 gun buying panic hits full swing or sooner if you can get what you paid for it. Then I'd buy an S&W M&P, Spikes, Colt, Daniel Defense; one of the known goods.

Good point, finally someone here that is not narrow minded and fanatical in believing if it ain't just like they prefer it is heresy.

The election cycle brings out the gotta have it crowd and this is perfect for them and in the meantime i will take 1000 rounds +++ of use off a keeper for close combat training..

The gun weighs a flat 7LBs as pictured and actually balances well but we shall see how it shoots.

So, am I to believe most here think Saber, LRB and Midwest Industry stuff is all junk???

I truly admit ignorance as my GTG is a PWS and do not pay that much attention to DI (Not one of those one is good the other bad and have both piston; 3 and DI; 4)

Wulfmann

Iraqgunz
09-04-12, 08:33
I guess I'll call shenanigans then. This one is done. And a warning to everyone. The closer we get to the elections the less tolerant we are going to be about stupidity. Enough said.