PDA

View Full Version : KAC QDSS-NT4 suppressor

luvjetz
09-04-12, 23:22
I'm working on the paperwork for a Mk18 Mod 1 (First SBR :D !) and will be going for the KAC QDSS-NT4 to suppress it in the future. My issue is what I should put on the 14.5" barrel for this upper. I know I want to suppress it and honestly want to keep it above 16.1" OAL so I'm looking for mounts for the KAC. I've seen the PWS (http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=161&idcategory=6#details) and was just informed about some Daniel Defense flash suppressor that the KAC will mount with.

Any ideas on the DD mount? How about other mounts to pin for 16"OAL? How does the PWS perform? Thanks for any assistance you offer.

BH321
09-04-12, 23:59
A KAC QDSS A2 style muzzle device, but since you want to pin it I believe that Daniel Defense and PWS are the only ones that make mounts that would extend the length of the barrel past 16.1 inches...

However, all the above as an aside, why do you want to pin the muzzle device when you are already going to have an SBR to place the upper on? I wouldn't think that making sure it is over 16.1 should be a big deal. Additionally, pinning the muzzle device on is going to lead to a large amount of fouling being able to get trapped in and behind the muzzle device and using a suppressor with a pinned barrel is only going to exacerbate that.