PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P15 VTAC II - Hands on Impressions?

scoob
09-04-12, 23:56
Does anyone have any hands on experience with this rifle? I have only found threads about what is better for the money and to not go with S&W because they don't have a name and they aren't "cool" but does anyone have any real, hands on experience and reviews about this rifle? I have the ability to get one at a very good price and am wondering opinions. It has an awesome trigger, a rail that I think is great, mid-length gas system, a (supposedly) very durable and accurate barrel as well as the other add-ons which make it even more enticing. Thank you in advance for the info but please don't post about something better I can find for the money.

wrecks30
09-05-12, 09:10
While I dont have any personal experience with the VTAC, I do have the MOE and I love it, I beat on it pretty damn hard and have had zero issues. I think the S&W is underrated on this site, but I personally would have zero doubts about the VTAC being an reliable weapon and wouldnt hesitate to buy one.

fallenromeo
09-05-12, 11:56
What are your intentions with the rifle? Range toy? Home defense? etc. S&W are not bad rifles, especially for the money. Yes there are better options out there, but they are not bad rifles. I put about 1000 rounds of crappy wolf ammo through my buddies S&W MOE and it ate it all without a problem. It wasn't exactly an extremely rigorous firing schedule though. I fired them in probably about 2.5 hours. How much can you get it for since you said you can get it at a good price?