PDA

View Full Version : Glock magazine take down tool

Biggy
09-05-12, 13:07
Has anyone tried one of these tools, and how did it work for you ? While maybe not really needed, it looks to make the mag base plate removal easier without wear or damage to the locking tabs. I have no affiliation with the company or this product.

http://www.mygtul.com/video2.php

Straight Shooter
09-05-12, 13:18
Not tried it, cause its completely un-needed, imo.
The little Glock "armorers tool" is all thats needed.
Can even use a little nail if need be.
I know of no one using this, either.

markm
09-05-12, 13:18
I've never had any problem taking glock mags down with a regular punch. :confused:

B52U
09-05-12, 13:27
I have one. Overpriced, but well worth it. Sure you can wear the base plate tabs off your mags doing it the regular way, but until they wear down, why go through the pain?

Code3Patriot
09-05-12, 16:44
I have one and it has made converting my 100 or so mags to Vicker's plates a breeze.

I bought the set but I could live without the punch/brush.

The GTUL itself is good to go.

spelingmastir
09-05-12, 17:37
I have one and it's definitely worth getting for subcompact magazines. I tried using different clamps and tools until I finally broke down and bought it. Works great!

montgomerygentryFan
09-07-12, 17:36
I have one and it works as advertised. Partially I think because I live in CA and therefore am limited to 10 round magazines they require a slightly different take down method versus the regular capacity ones.

All in all I think the GTUL is pretty handy.

oldtexan
09-07-12, 19:49
I have one and appreciate that it allows me to disassemble my mags quicker and with less effort than when I just used a punch.

Singlestack Wonder
09-07-12, 19:52
A fix without a problem. With a "Glock Tool" or equivalent 1/8" punch, it's much easier than using the aftermarket tool specified here.

Of course companies are always ready to take your money...... ;)