PDA

View Full Version : New Build KAC Upper with Noveske Lower

StewDaddy
09-05-12, 17:52
Heres my new build!

KAC Upper with Tripple Tap (bought from m98evolution)
Noveske Lower Chainsaw
Geissele Super Dynamic Enhanced Combat Trigger - SD-E
Daniel Defense AR15 Lower Parts Kit
Magpul MIAD Modular Grip
Magpul MIAD Grip Core
Magpul PMag Ranger Plates
Magpul CRT Stock

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/2416/gun037.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6/gun039.jpg
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/544/gun040.jpg
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7176/gun041.jpg

KingCobra
09-05-12, 18:47
looks good! shoot it yet?

*EDIT*

why doesnt your lower have a seriel #? or it that a photoshop trick?

chrismartin
09-05-12, 18:54
My next build is a KAC lower with a Noveske upper :)

m98evolution
09-05-12, 19:15
Lookin' good bro! Congrats on the sweet build.

StewDaddy
09-05-12, 21:34
havent shot it yet going to go to the range this weekend and have a go at it just got 2,000 rounds of 62gr green tip to play with also waiting on my T-1 2MOA to show up on thursday. I also want to get a vortex pst viper short dot for it and AFG2

Dirk Williams
09-06-12, 13:52
Very nice, what do you think of the trigger, is it the straight trigger?

DW

I'm in the middle of a noveske gen II lower/VLTOR build right now looking for a LMTE BCG and bolt, any ideas where to find one.

StewDaddy
09-06-12, 14:18
yeah its the straight trigger and i really like it I have bigger hands so it feels good with the miad grip

Dirk Williams
09-06-12, 14:36
Love the trigger, have two in rifles now, will convert all 8 m4 to the straight E trigger in time.

Very nice rifle I like the clean lines not a bunch of Poggybait attached for show and tell.

Good job on your rifle.

davidjinks
09-06-12, 16:20
OP

It may be a lighting thing but...

Are using shims and a crush washer with your TTT?

StewDaddy
09-06-12, 17:56
I didn't install the TTT but yes it has shims in there

davidjinks
09-06-12, 19:46
I'm no expert builder. And don't think I'm digging on you about your build. I don't think you're supposed to used shims and a crush washer together, unless there is an actual build spec that requires a washer and shims.

Anyone know if there is a reason to use both on a muzzle device?

OP

I do like the build!

I didn't install the TTT but yes it has shims in there

wilson1911
09-06-12, 20:09
Congrats on the new gun, I hope to see a few more added to your collection soon.

Is that a chainsaw lower ? I heard they had a neat little pic on them. I am so jealous if it is.

1 more new black rifle owner, 10000000000000000 more to go !!:blink:

StewDaddy
09-07-12, 10:45
lol Yeah it has a chainsaw pic on the trigger guard kinda cool.

Koshinn
09-07-12, 12:26
looks good! shoot it yet?

*EDIT*

why doesnt your lower have a seriel #? or it that a photoshop trick?

Noveske GenII lowers don't have the serial in the standard place most other ARs do.

Is attaching a pre-built upper to a "custom" lower considered a custom build?

StewDaddy
09-07-12, 13:21
Noveske GenII lowers don't have the serial in the standard place most other ARs do.

Is attaching a pre-built upper to a "custom" lower considered a custom build?

Not for sure but looked like a place to put as good as any

StewDaddy
09-07-12, 13:22
I'm no expert builder. And don't think I'm digging on you about your build. I don't think you're supposed to used shims and a crush washer together, unless there is an actual build spec that requires a washer and shims.

Anyone know if there is a reason to use both on a muzzle device?

OP

I do like the build!

I don't know I didnt install the TTT but I would like to know if I need to change it thank you for bringing this up. Anyone have any idea on this?

LtNovakUSA
09-07-12, 16:55
Excellent looking AR. I plan to do a similar build but as an SBR. Great choices. Those Geissele SD triggers are great too BTW

StewDaddy
09-13-12, 03:35
finally shot it and put a 120 rounds through it with no problems and love the TTT I would like to try a H2 buffer and see how she goes

TacticalTyler
09-13-12, 08:53
I don't know I didnt install the TTT but I would like to know if I need to change it thank you for bringing this up. Anyone have any idea on this?
Well the triple tap was designed for the kac nt4 suppressor, it's iconel like the suppressor an it's brake design gives the nt4 baffles a longer life. With that said, if your goin to run a Nt4 then get rid of that crush washer, kac recommends using their shims. Shims because the tolerances are better for preventing baffle strikes in the suppressor.
If you try to put a nt4 on the triple tap with your crush washer it will proble destroy it because of baffle strikes. If your never running a nt4, the drive on with the crush washer.

markm
09-13-12, 08:58
Is that a chainsaw lower ? I heard they had a neat little pic on them. I am so jealous if it is.

Why? The chainsaw is their "blem" lower. I mean... I'd build using one if I found one locally. But all the Chainsaw means is you save a few bucks on the receiver.

StewDaddy
09-13-12, 13:40
Why? The chainsaw is their "blem" lower. I mean... I'd build using one if I found one locally. But all the Chainsaw means is you save a few bucks on the receiver.

lol i think he just likes the little picture on there of the chainsaw on the trigger guard

markm
09-13-12, 13:52
lol i think he just likes the little picture on there of the chainsaw on the trigger guard

I guess so. :p

Rainier has them. But I don't do the out of state hastle unless i REALLY want a gun.

filthy phil
09-13-12, 16:48
im ordering a chainsaw lower tomorrow for $150:cool:
upper will be daniel, noveske or knights, whatever I can find the best deal on.
op: how much was your upper and where?

StewDaddy
09-13-12, 20:55
im ordering a chainsaw lower tomorrow for $150:cool:
upper will be daniel, noveske or knights, whatever I can find the best deal on.
op: how much was your upper and where?

I have $225 for the lower from G&R then the rest of the lower parts trigger etc etc from rainer have about $550 in the lower and bought the upper on here for $1250 was prety much brand new less then 300 rounds through it