PDA

View Full Version : Any lefties own a DTA?

scubadds
09-06-12, 07:46
I have seen the youtube video of a righty shooting a few rounds weak side with a DTA (desert tactical), and see the post saying that righties don't like shooting weak side with this platform.
Seems like strong reason that it may not work well for lefty, but I thought I would see what the lefties have experienced?

As a lefty I prefer a right side charging handle (Scar) as I can keep my left hand on the pistol grip. But I feel like the DTA might be a big cramped?
I have "played" with one at local shop for a few minutes; but feel silly sprawling out on the floor pretending to shoot and cycle the bolt.
My practical sense is telling me not to get the DTA as a lefty, but I can't get the thing out of my head.....
So its either a DTA or just get an OBR
Thanks

Animal_Mother556
09-06-12, 08:03
It appears to me that your face would sit directly on the bolt...Us lefties have few choices when it comes to bullpups...

militarymoron
09-06-12, 08:13
i'm a lefty and have shot a friend's DTA. a few occasional shots, okay, but i wouldn't recommend it for lefties to own.

scubadds
09-06-12, 08:15
thanks, that is why I asked
When I grabbed the one off the rack and "played with it", I didn't feel that uncomfortable; but I think I am biased and wanted it to feel good.....I did have to lift my head up to cycle the bolt; not sure how much of an issue that really is?

scubadds
09-06-12, 08:17
i'm a lefty and have shot a friend's DTA. a few occasional shots, okay, but i wouldn't recommend it for lefties to own.

Well thanks for saving me 4 grand!
Can you talk me out of the OBR now....:D

jpipes
09-06-12, 08:41
If you can hang tight for a few more months, Surgeon will be releasing their lefty 591...

scubadds
09-06-12, 09:19
If you can hang tight for a few more months, Surgeon will be releasing their lefty 591...
thanks, I will look into that