PDA

View Full Version : Phase 5 EBR won't lock bolt?

abnjeffy
09-06-12, 21:41
Hello everyone, first post here so sorry if it's in the wrong spot

I recently put a Phase 5 Extended Bolt Release on my PredatAR b/c the BAD hits the lower receiver around the trigger area. The EBR doesn't make contact with the lower in any weird way but it won't lock the bolt back. It catches the bolt just barely but not enough to lock it. I then installed it on my DPMS lower and it did the same thing, anyone have any experience with this?

abnjeffy
09-06-12, 22:24
not to self: read the package...

They sent me the EBR for the DMPS 308, I will contact them in the AM and get it sorted out.

jaxman7
09-06-12, 22:30
If you still have the BAD and want to see if you like it just file down the area that rubs against the trigger well. I've had to file down the top of mine b/c it rubbed my upper and filed down the area that you are mentioning so it would clear a Redi-Mod and I've been running one on and off for 3 years now without a problem. YMMV,

-Jax

ETA: Just to clarify my reply. I have had issues with the BAD in the past but never with quality lowers.

abnjeffy
09-07-12, 06:42
thanks for the advice on the BAD. I had heard of guys filing it down and had considered it but like the idea that the phase 5 is a complete replacement, I'm running the BAD on my DPMS. I will see how the correct Phase 5 EBR works and decide from there if I want to go back to the BAD

jaxman7
09-07-12, 06:49
You're welcome.

-Jax

Noodles
09-07-12, 10:04
Best thing I did for reliability (and consistency) was to remove the bad lever from my SBR. Glad I did.