PDA

View Full Version : building my first upper. parts list?

ccarrier
09-07-12, 15:04
i have decided to build my first upper and would like a little help with the parts list.

i purchased an a3 upper and installed the forward assist and dust cover already.

so what parts are quality, what parts should i avoid? and where to get decent deals on them

thanks in advance for the help

markm
09-07-12, 15:09
You need to get to Iraqgunz Armorers course.

Did you buy all the tools and everything?

ccarrier
09-07-12, 15:11
im having a good friend ( who runs a local shop, and has built many ar's) assist me in the build

Koshinn
09-07-12, 15:18
You need to get to Iraqgunz Armorers course.

Did you buy all the tools and everything?

He's not asking for how to do it, he's asking about quality parts.

markm
09-07-12, 15:18
If you shop your parts from BravoCompanyUSA.com, you'll be able to avoid garbage.

wahoo95
09-07-12, 15:19
Whats your budget? Do you want fixed front sight base or flip sights on a free float handguard?

- Quality BCG......BCM, DD, or LMT
- BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle
- Quality Barrel...I really like BCM, DD, Centurion, Noveske, Rainier Arms
- Handguard....I like Centurion C4 and Midwest Industries Gen2
Centurion uses standard barrel nut and MI includes its own nut
Moly Grease for barrel attachment
- Lo Pro Gas block...Vltor, Troy, Rainier
- Muzzle Device and Crush Washer if required for that particular device

I tend to buy most everything from BCM, G&R, Rainier Arms, DSGArms, & Weapon Outfitters. They all sell quality stuff and no junk.

Koshinn
09-07-12, 15:24
I tend to buy most everything from BCM, G&R, Rainier Arms, DSGArms, & Weapon Outfitters. They all sell quality stuff and no junk.
I've found DSGarms has the best prices if you're military or law enforcement. G&R is a small business so they give you a lot of attention and have great customer service. Rainier Arms is kind of between DSG and G&R, good customer service and good prices. BCM and WO have higher prices for the same products.

Iraqgunz
09-07-12, 15:42
What it really boils down to is do you want to try and source everything from one location or do you want to go through multiple vendors and pay shipping costs from multiple locations. I will check the websites already mentioned and see who has the most of what you need. Then break out the credit card and start making it happen.

Evil Colt 6920
09-07-12, 15:46
If you shop your parts from BravoCompanyUSA.com, you'll be able to avoid garbage.

Plus get some cool swag. My brothers upper came in this week and was loaded with extras from BCM. 2 training DVD's, 1 BCM hat, and lot's of stickers. I really want that hat. :p

Roklok
09-07-12, 16:01
Delete

mj32
09-09-12, 16:57
As far as the BCG goes, I'd recommend BCM (don't improvise with this piece). The cheapest place I've been able to find their bolt carrier groups is on their own website.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/