PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide my component shuffle decision

tgace
09-07-12, 16:36
Short history.

-Acquired a Bushmaster "Carbon 15" M4 a number of years ago. (I know..I know..but actually it was a fine plinker.)

http://tgace.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/img_0026.jpg

-Replaced the upper with a BCM 16" Midlength w/Magpul furniture and put the Bushie upper in the closet. Put an ACE fixed stock on the Bushie lower.

https://www.m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=287&pictureid=2109

-Built a new lower (Rainier Arms), put the ACE on it and put the Bushmaster lower back on the Carbon 15 upper. So now I have 2 AR's.

https://www.m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=287&pictureid=2821

-The Bushmaster was minus a stock since I ebayed away the commercial tubed collapsible. I purchased a VLTOR mil-spec tube and recently put a Magpul MOE buttstock on it.

Opinions:

Im trying to decide which stock to put on the "plinker" and which to put on my primary. Would you rather the ACE or the MOE? I've shot both and can't make up my mind so I thought I'd see if there was any sort of logical reason to choose one over the other.

Airhasz
09-07-12, 18:44
:lazy:

J_Dub_503
09-07-12, 19:25
I don't know if people get some sort or masochistic pleasure out of being told what to do (esp. from strangers) or what. None of us can tell you what you like, or what works best for you.

Personally, I would put the ace stock on the plinker & vice versa.

tgace
09-07-12, 20:04
I don't know if people get some sort or masochistic pleasure out of being told what to do (esp. from strangers) or what. None of us can tell you what you like, or what works best for you.

Personally, I would put the ace stock on the plinker & vice versa.

Hell..ill do whatever I want. Was wondering if there is any opinion on it more than just aesthetics or taste.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

seb5
09-07-12, 20:38
Is there a reason why you don't put the same type of stock on your primary and secondary carbine?

Shabazz
09-07-12, 20:41
I would put the ACE stock in a garbage can.

Not every gadget is an improvement over milspec.

tgace
09-07-12, 20:51
Is there a reason why you don't put the same type of stock on your primary and secondary carbine?

Money...I already have components. Maybe down the road ill buy more gear for the second gun, but for now what I have is what I have.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

currahee
09-07-12, 21:23
I would certainly want the adjustable stock on the primary carbine.

wetidlerjr
09-07-12, 22:23
Can you run this all by me again? I think i may have missed something.

:rolleyes:

wetidlerjr
09-07-12, 22:23
DUPE!

ra2bach
09-08-12, 12:56
start with your serious use gun. put any serious stuff you own on it. then whatever's left over, put on your other gun. then sell it and duplicate your first...

tgace
09-08-12, 14:00
start with your serious use gun. put any serious stuff you own on it. then whatever's left over, put on your other gun. then sell it and duplicate your first...

Funny you mention that...that's been a serious consideration. And part of my reason for this thread.

Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk