PDA

View Full Version : BHI Marketing Blitz

Diz
09-01-06, 16:58
Is it just me or have any of you guys noticed the marketing blitz being put on by BHI? Perhaps in response to the heat they have taken for manufacturing off-shore, these guys are going all out these days to gain credibility (and sales too, I suppose) in the market place. Not only do they have a new domestic manufacturing facility, they also came out with a Surefire style magazine; essentially a glorified sales add, complete with testimonials from guys downrange, as well as articles written by big-name gunwriters. These guys are really pulling out all the stops. Impressive marketing.
On the other hand, Eagle doesn't even print a catalog anymore. Or at least the last time I checked they were just referring people to their website. Slightly different marketing plans.

Aubrey
09-01-06, 20:43
"Blackchicken is not good gear."

Voodoochild
09-01-06, 20:55
Interesting news. Didnt know about the offshore manufacturing. Eagle is good stuff I had a plate carrier by them but sold it only because it wasnt what I was looking for.

Diz
09-01-06, 21:29
Well, I'm of two minds concerning Blackhawk. On the one hand, I am totally against buying any gear made in that ****ing hole called Vietnam. On the other, they can certainly provide gear when needed. I worked for a short period of time at Lightfighter Bragg. The situation was such that certain teams had specified windows to buy shit on their IMPAC cards. Usually they needed it by "next Friday", real short fuse stuff. The only vendor you could count on to get the right stuff, on time was BHI. As much as I hate to admit it, but there it is. When guys were deploying and they needed gear, and needed it fast, BHI was my go-to vendor. Say what you want about them, but their STRIKE line kicks ass.
Make no mistake; I am no fan of BHI and their business practices. It just is what it is. It's not as good as they say it is; it's not as bad as others say it is.