PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle

DeAdeYE15
09-08-12, 15:17
First I have been using the search and have came up with nothing on this enhanced BCM charging handle.

I run and love the mod 4 BCM gunfighter charging handle, the only draw back witch is the case with most charging handles is the leakage of gas you get between the upper and the charging handle, witch is much more apparent when running suppressed.

Apparently BCM has addressed this problem by building up the area that contacts the upper. I first came across this enhancement viewing Panteaos DVD "Make ready with Pat Rogers basic carbine" in witch he states that the enhanced versions should be available by the time the mentioned dvd was released witch was 2010.

Since viewing this dvd I've kept an eye out on BCMs web site and unless I'm severely overlooking I have yet to come across it listed on there site. I keep up with every new post here on m4c's AR picture thread and have yet to see anyone running the new charging handles.

Has anyone heard when these will become available (Grant)? Does anyone have any experience with these new enhanced versions?

I was able to find one pictured on Midway USA, but in the description it sounds like the regular version.
http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/primary/615/615524.jpg
Here's the link to the MidwayUSA page http://www.midwayusa.com/product/615524/vltor-bcm-gunfighter-mod-3-large-charging-handle-assembly-ar-15-aluminum-black

Any info or comments welcome.

Stickman
09-08-12, 15:22
They have been shipping for months. It is the same model number as the only one IIRC, so most dealers probably haven't updated their pictures.

ETA pictures of both old and new BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle.

The difference should be highly visible between them, and the only differences are around the side which is grasped.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/BCM/STKL2328-Edit-1200-Stick.jpg

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/BCM/STKL2331-Edit-1200-Stick.jpg

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/BCM/STKL2333-Edit-1200-Stick.jpg

DeAdeYE15
09-08-12, 15:26
Wouldn't you think BCM would have it detailed on there website? Or anyone else selling it for that matter. I would think these would be highly desired.

Do you have any pics, or experience with these?

Doc Safari
09-08-12, 15:30
Wouldn't you think BCM would have it detailed on there website? Or anyone else selling it for that matter. I would think these would be highly desired.

I agree. If I were to order another BCM gunfighter I would darn sure want to be certain that I was getting the enhanced one with the lip and not the old style.

DeAdeYE15
09-08-12, 15:32
I agree. If I were to order another BCM gunfighter I would darn sure want to be certain that I was getting the enhanced one with the lip and not the old style.

Thank you, I knew I couldn't be alone on this.

Stickman
09-08-12, 15:34

Do you have any pics, or experience with these?

Paul didn't make a big deal about it, and it was treated as an inline improvement to the existing product. It was NOT touted by BCM or Paul as a "gasbuster" or anything similar.

Paul is a great guy, and in the course of a long conversation awhile back, he talked about it as something that was just an evolution of the current product. I've got a bunch of the older/ original ones, and I'm not swapping them out, but there is no question the newer ones are certainly nicer.

DeAdeYE15
09-08-12, 15:41
Paul didn't make a big deal about it, and it was treated as an inline improvement to the existing product. It was NOT touted by BCM or Paul as a "gasbuster" or anything similar.

Paul is a great guy, and in the course of a long conversation awhile back, he talked about it as something that was just an evolution of the current product. I've got a bunch of the older/ original ones, and I'm not swapping them out, but there is no question the newer ones are certainly nicer.

So you haven't handled or photo'd any as of yet. I just purchased another mod 4 about 2 months ago and it was the older version. Are they just waiting for the older stock to run out before selling the new version?

Doc Safari
09-08-12, 15:44

The reason I want the new style is because I wear prescription glasses, and if I get the BCG wet with lube for greater reliability I invariably get little droplets of oil on my lenses. I modified one of my charging handles with some silicon as per some instructions on the innernetz, ( http://www.03designgroup.com/technotes/do-it-yourself-gas-buster-charging-handle ) and it worked pretty good for preventing the oil spatter.

That extra little lip on the CH is something that makes me want to order one of these for every AR I own.

Frankly, if I placed an order for a BCM Gunfighter today and didn't get the one with the lip I'd be pissed.

DeAdeYE15
09-08-12, 15:56
The reason I want the new style is because I wear prescription glasses, and if I get the BCG wet with lube for greater reliability I invariably get little droplets of oil on my lenses. I modified one of my charging handles with some silicon as per some instructions on the innernetz, ( http://www.03designgroup.com/technotes/do-it-yourself-gas-buster-charging-handle ) and it worked pretty good for preventing the oil spatter.

That extra little lip on the CH is something that makes me want to order one of these for every AR I own.

Frankly, if I placed an order for a BCM Gunfighter today and didn't get the one with the lip I'd be pissed.

That's kinda of what I got into when I last ordered I was hoping for the new version, even though there was no mention of it on there site. I'm guessing there doing like stick said and will phase out the older models with the newer versions, and knowing BCM there shouldn't be much if any increase in price. I would hold out until I knew I was ordering the newer version, I just wish I knew when that will be.

Maybe Bravo Company, or Grant will come along and fill us in on whats going on, and when we can expect to start seeing these.:)

Stickman
09-08-12, 16:03
So you haven't handled or photo'd any as of yet. I just purchased another mod 4 about 2 months ago and it was the older version. Are they just waiting for the older stock to run out before selling the new version?

Yes, I have.

Iraqgunz
09-08-12, 16:05
These "new" handles have been shipping for months from BCM, Vltor and many others. I can almost guarantee you that if you order it from BCM, it will be the newer model.

I can't tell a difference in performance to be honest. But, I am an armorer of one so who knows.

DeAdeYE15
09-08-12, 16:05
Yes, I have.

Any pics? I would think you would have the best. Always enjoy viewing your pics, you do great work.

hdatontodo
09-08-12, 16:11
Can anyone advise how to tell if one that was just recieved is the newer version? (pictures, labeling, etc)

DeAdeYE15
09-08-12, 16:14
Can anyone advise how to tell if one that was just recieved is the newer version? (pictures, labeling, etc)

Yes, if its the newer version it will have the enlarged surface on the top and bottom of the handle portion that contacts the upper. It will look like the one in the pic above if its the newer version.

DeAdeYE15
09-08-12, 16:16
These "new" handles have been shipping for months from BCM, Vltor and many others. I can almost guarantee you that if you order it from BCM, it will be the newer model.

I can't tell a difference in performance to be honest. But, I am an armorer of one so who knows.

Again, why wouldn't they be advertised as such, seems like a good selling point. I just purchased one 2 months ago and it was the old version. There being confusing.:confused:

Roklok
09-08-12, 16:21
I just ordered one last week and it was the new version, so it appears that is what is currently being shipped.

Iraqgunz
09-08-12, 16:31
Couldn't tell you as I don't work in advertising. Not to mention that the originals are still rock solid and the amount of charging handles sold per month is quite staggering.

Again, why wouldn't they be advertised as such, seems like a good selling point. I just purchased one 2 months ago and it was the old version. There being confusing.:confused:

tb-av
09-08-12, 17:40
I bought a Mod5 a couple of weeks ago and it looks like your picture ( aside from the latch ).

hydro556
09-08-12, 17:45
That appears to be the one that shipped with my Noveske 8.2" 300blk that I received recently.

I shot it suppressed this morning and the blow back was minimal. But it's only Blk, may not be so effective on 556.

But I like it. It's Noveske marked, but that appears to be the same one.and my dealer claimed that's what I was getting.

Stickman
09-08-12, 18:08

I thought it was obvious, so I never bothered to shoot pictures to show both types. Evidently the only thing obvious is how wrong I was.

I'll shoot a picture that has both in it.

Kokopelli
09-08-12, 18:22
It is indeed obvious, once you've seen both. The reason to not make a "big deal" out of a in-line modification or evolution is also obvious. Everyone that bought the former version will be asking for a free or discounted upgrade. Best to keep it low profile.. JMO.. Ron

jeffk813
09-08-12, 18:33
FYI, I ordered two of them direct from BCM this summer, and they are both the new "ehanced" version. I do have one of the older versions on a rifle I built a couple years ago but I don't remember who I ordered that one from. Might have been BCM.

You should be good to go with the latest if you go right to the source.

bobslife6826
09-08-12, 18:50
I ordered one from BCM about 3 weeks ago; and it is the new version.

As long as you order directly from BCM you should get the new version.

Primary Arms also has the new version, and this is their description, quoted from their website..................

"NEW VERSION! The BCMGUNFIGHTER Charging Handle and extended latches feature internal redesigns to direct the force off of the roll pin and into the body of the charging handle during support hand only manipulations. This new design has a built in backstop engineered into the extended latch and into the charging handle. As the latch is opened up, its travel is limited by these flat surface backstops. With this travel limiting feature, the stress is taken off the roll pin, and is now redirected into the entire body of the charging handle. "

devinsdad
09-08-12, 19:17
I just got my order in from Primary Arms and yes, it is the new version.

Stickman
09-08-12, 19:22
No work went into these images, both are used, one was just pulled from a weapon for these pictures.

The difference should be highly visible between them, and the only differences are around the side which is grasped.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/BCM/STKL2328-Edit-1200-Stick.jpg

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/BCM/STKL2331-Edit-1200-Stick.jpg

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/BCM/STKL2333-Edit-1200-Stick.jpg

darr3239
09-08-12, 19:55
Just shot my new 8.2" Noveske barreled SBR in 300 AAC Blackout yesterday. I built it up with the Mod. 4 Gunfighter, and although I received the charger months ago, it is the newer version.

I shot the gun with an AAC SDN6 silencer and nothing was hitting my face or glasses. My nose was picking up quite a bit of smoke, and boy does that factory powder stink. Never smelled that much burnt powder before, but obviously the silencer is making for an enhanced esperience.

Since this is my first experience shooting suppressed, I don't have anything to compare it however.

KrampusArms
09-08-12, 20:09
I don't find the new revised handle appealing. I would be pleased if BCM gave an option when ordering. Yet,if you do order, you can use the comments section at the bottom, thats what I did when I ordered my Mod 5.

DeAdeYE15
09-08-12, 21:08
I don't find the new revised handle appealing. I would be pleased if BCM gave an option when ordering. Yet,if you do order, you can use the comments section at the bottom, thats what I did when I ordered my Mod 5.

I don't understand why anyone would not want the newer version, there's absolutely no lose and all gain. Can you elaborate on your reasoning behind this?

KrampusArms
09-08-12, 22:36
I don't understand why anyone would not want the newer version, there's absolutely no lose and all gain. Can you elaborate on your reasoning behind this?

Yeah sure man. Quite simply I don't like the way it looks. I understand aesthetics are not a valid reason to poo poo something here. But the appearance of equipment does play at least a little into some folks decision making. It does with me at least, to a point.

I know the revisions are made for suppressor users. I don't plan on getting a suppressor. And I like how clean the older style looks. To me, the new styling appears as though it belongs on one of those space age billet AR15 rifles.

Stickman
09-08-12, 23:25
Yeah sure man. Quite simply I don't like the way it looks. I understand aesthetics are not a valid reason to poo poo something here.

I've got no problem saying I don't like gay looking guns. Looks may be subjective, but looks sell.

I'm sure someone can jump on and try to be extra manly saying they don't care as long as it shoots, but given the option, I'll look good shooting every time.

I think I have 2 of the new version BCM CHs, and 10 or 12 (ok, maybe its more) of the older ones. No reason to upgrade, my old one work great.

Evil Colt 6920
09-09-12, 01:44

Almost guarantee is right. My brother received a Mod4, old version, from BCM less than two weeks ago. If you want the newer version, I suggest you ask for it. Otherwise, you get whatever shows up in the mailbox. We didn't even know there was a new version until this week when we got some freebie DVDs that mentioned it(Pat Rogers, Basic Carbine)
edit: Myself, as well as my brother, are happy with all of our BCM products. BUT, if a new version of a part we use on all of our builds is available, we would like to know about it when we place an order and have the option to receive it.

DeAdeYE15
09-09-12, 07:56
So it seems to me BCM could benefit from carrying both models. Maybe listed separately. Right now it seems like a toss up on witch you may receive unless you request witch model you would prefer.

ST911
09-09-12, 09:35
These have been shipping for some time. Recent complete guns shipped with them (mod 4), and component handles were the new design as well.

The upright skirting has gas-control properties. Unsuppressed, some will notice them, some won't. I have not shot the new handle on a suppressed gun, but upon information and belief, they work well for gas control.

I like the old one. I like the new one. I wouldn't run out and replace old ones unless they were at the end of their service life, or you are running a suppressor.

More good stuff from BCM.

Blak1508
09-09-12, 09:44
Nice thread, I am ordering a BCM this week and now I know to specifically ask when ordering for the newer version. Thanks all.

DeAdeYE15
09-09-12, 10:43
Nice thread, I am ordering a BCM this week and now I know to specifically ask when ordering for the newer version. Thanks all.

Thanks, your welcome. That was exactly the intention of starting this thread, to find out the best way to go about getting the new version. As I stated before I just purchased one about 2-3 months ago and it was the old version, and another member said he received the older version just 2 weeks ago, while others have received the newer version that they ordered months ago. This has informed any one who has viewed just how to go about getting the new version.

Thanks everyone.

sinlessorrow
09-09-12, 10:43

Besides the new GF CH, Frog lube will fix that issue of oil on your glasses.:dance3:

That said what exactly do all the changes do, I figure the top portion will slightly block gas blow back, but what about the bottom edges that have been extended?

DeAdeYE15
09-09-12, 10:51
Besides the new GF CH, Frog lube will fix that issue of oil on your glasses.:dance3:

That said what exactly do all the changes do, I figure the top portion will slightly block gas blow back, but what about the bottom edges that have been extended?

That's a good question. I remember reading some threads awhile back about some people having problems getting pinched by the latch on the gunfighter, and it looks like this newer handle has also addressed some of those problems as well. I see they have cut some angles on the edges this would be my guess for the modification to the bottom as well.

denn1911
09-09-12, 17:37
I purchased 2 BCM CH's a month ago, and I received the Enhanced models. I was surprised because I hadn't seen these up until that day. Although I have several of the original CH's, I'm a fan of the Enhanced model.

DeAdeYE15
09-09-12, 20:39
Is everyone buying these through other retailers or what. Mine was purchased through BCM and is the old version, I love it but would have preferred the new model.

Blak1508
09-09-12, 20:49
Primary arms is out of the mod 4 :(

DeAdeYE15
09-09-12, 21:00
Primary arms is out of the mod 4 :(

Apparently, all you need to do is order from BCM and request witch model you would prefer. Then you get there super fast shipping.:)

markm
09-10-12, 09:09
Those new charging handles are friggin COOL looking. I didn't know you could make a Charging handle look so stylish.

DeAdeYE15
09-10-12, 10:06
Those new charging handles are friggin COOL looking. I didn't know you could make a Charging handle look so stylish.

Leave it to Vltor and BCM.

MrSmitty
09-10-12, 11:14
A few months back BCM told me they weren't offering the new version with the Mod 5 latch, not sure if that has changed.

markm
09-10-12, 11:16
A few months back BCM told me they weren't offering the new version with the Mod 5 latch, not sure if that has changed.

I wonder if you could swap latches out. I like the Mod 5.

K.L. Davis
09-10-12, 15:11
It's what they call "EK Sexy"

Seriously, the man has an incredible sense of style.

DeAdeYE15
09-10-12, 15:50
It's what they call "EK Sexy"

Seriously, the man has an incredible sense of style.

EK Sexy?

MrSmitty
09-10-12, 16:41
I prefer the Mod 5 as well. A vendor had the new ones at LGS right after they came out so I picked up a Mod 4 and swapped latches. Took less than a minute.

I wonder if you could swap latches out. I like the Mod 5.

DeAdeYE15
09-10-12, 16:49
I certainly didn't know the new version only came in the mod 4. This is the first I've heard about it. Maybe they will do all 3 before long.

MrSmitty
09-10-12, 16:56
They have the 3 and 4 right now. From the what they said it didn't sound like they were planning on selling the new handle with the Mod 5 latch. That was a few months ago though so that may have changed. If they do phase out the 5 (not sure why they would) I'll be scrounging up as many old ones as I can get a hold of. The 4 just seems a little large for my tastes and I haven't slipped off of a 5 or a standard latch even in gloves so I'll keep rolling with it :D

I certainly didn't know the new version only came in the mod 4. This is the first I've heard about it. Maybe they will do all 3 before long.

DeAdeYE15
09-10-12, 16:59
They have the 3 and 4 right now. From the what they said it didn't sound like they were planning on selling the new handle with the Mod 5 latch. That was a few months ago though so that may have changed. If they do phase out the 5 (not sure why they would) I'll be scrounging up as many old ones as I can get a hold of. The 4 just seems a little large for my tastes and I haven't slipped off of a 5 or a standard latch even in gloves so I'll keep rolling with it :D

I haven't tried the mod 5 yet. I can't get away from buying the mod 4. I think the mod 4 looks better myself. Can't say if it would perform any better though.

balloo93
09-10-12, 18:06
Anybody put RTV on the space between the handle and the upper receiver yet?

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x282/balloo932/DSC00763-1.jpg

dkindig
09-10-12, 18:36
Primary Arms is the best place to get these. They stock the new version and they run a great sale on them from time-to-time. The last one I got from them was $38 shipped...

Traveshamockery
09-10-12, 20:54
I've got no problem saying I don't like gay looking guns. Looks may be subjective, but looks sell.

I'm sure someone can jump on and try to be extra manly saying they don't care as long as it shoots, but given the option, I'll look good shooting every time.

I think I have 2 of the new version BCM CHs, and 10 or 12 (ok, maybe its more) of the older ones. No reason to upgrade, my old one work great.

Agreed, there are enough high quality weapons out there today that there's no need to settle for something you find hideous.

RMiller
09-10-12, 21:12
I ordered one just a while back and it was the enhanced version. Good quality. Worth the money IMO.

JBecker 72
09-10-12, 21:44
I have 2 of the new versions and one of the old and I prefer the new one. It really cuts down on the splatter you get on your eye pro and I don't get as much of the gas smell coming back at me. Great product!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

K.L. Davis
09-10-12, 22:03
EK Sexy?

Eric Kincel - Founder and overall Mad Genius at Vltor.

DeAdeYE15
09-11-12, 05:39
Eric Kincel - Founder and overall Mad Genius at Vltor.

oh, i would have to agree with the genius part, love Vltor products.

markm
09-11-12, 07:39
I haven't tried the mod 5 yet. I can't get away from buying the mod 4. I think the mod 4 looks better myself. Can't say if it would perform any better though.

If you're happy with the Mod 4, don't get the mod 5. I like the mod5 because I'm not big on kick stands for my carbeans... and the latch pokes my chest.

The mod 3 is a display stand for an AR. :eek:

DeAdeYE15
09-11-12, 07:57
If you're happy with the Mod 4, don't get the mod 5. I like the mod5 because I'm not big on kick stands for my carbeans... and the latch pokes my chest.

The mod 3 is a display stand for an AR. :eek:

I agree about the mod 3, though it has its place as well. I have never noticed or had a problem with the length of the mod 4 latch, though I have heard others complain about it catching there gear. I usually just run a battle belt though.

tb-av
09-11-12, 07:57
MOD5 from BCM a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=13528&stc=1&d=1347368219

JBecker 72
09-11-12, 16:44
I thought mod 5 was small, 4 was medium and 3 was large.

DeAdeYE15
09-11-12, 17:45
I thought mod 5 was small, 4 was medium and 3 was large.

Yes, that's right.

MrSmitty
09-11-12, 17:56
Looks like they're selling it now, good to know.

MOD5 from BMC a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=13528&stc=1&d=1347368219

TACAV
09-11-12, 18:35
Looks like they're selling it now, good to know.

I ordered a new BCM Mod 4 latch about 3 weeks ago. I totally forgot they had the newer model coming out with the lip. I went to the BCM website and just selected the standard Mod 4 latch like always. The pictures at the time of me writing this post (right now) still show the old style on their web page, but regardless of what pictures they have, the one I received last month was the new version with the raised lip in the back.

jb1911
09-11-12, 18:58
I got a MOD4 from Optical Solutions the last day of July and it's the new model. I love this thing.

Airhasz
09-11-12, 19:31
I use the factory stock Colt CH, pull back, strip a round and start shooting...I'd rather spend on ammo than flavor of the month charge handle and the rest of the unnecessary replacement AR trinkets produced to separate consumers from their paycheck...:secret:

Blak1508
09-11-12, 19:56
That's what's up, I guess to each their own, for me it's not a flavor of the month it's what works better for me, the extended lever on the bcm will work just fine for one handed manipulation and that's what's I'm looking for, I have Small hands and the 40$ is a small price to pay for something I find as efficient as the Mod 4

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-11-12, 20:36
Ive got the Mod 4 Enhanced. Its really a nice, logical improvement.

Koshinn
09-11-12, 20:37
I use the factory stock Colt CH, pull back, strip a round and start shooting...I'd rather spend on ammo than flavor of the month charge handle and the rest of the unnecessary replacement AR trinkets produced to separate consumers from their paycheck...:secret:

The modern ttps on the m4 have the user only use the left side of the ch. The ch wasn't designed for this and will break given time. The bcm and a couple of other modern chs were designed with one hand use in mind and are much more robust.

jb1911
09-11-12, 20:40

Capt. Bringdown

Evil Colt 6920
09-11-12, 20:43

My colt CH is proof that the BCM is better. The BCM was designed for one handed operation, the Colt was not. My Colt CH is down to bare metal on one side. The BCM is holding up very well. Get out there and run your gun, then you will find out for yourself.

Koshinn
09-11-12, 20:44
My colt CH is proof that the BCM is better. The BCM was designed for one handed operation, the Colt was not. My Colt CH is down to bare metal on one side. The BCM is holding up very well. Get out there and run your gun, then you will find out for yourself.

Can you take a picture or two?

ST911
09-11-12, 20:53

I'm a cynic, and may very well be the president of the club. I believe that the overwhelming majority of manufacturers don't make stuff because the market needs it, they make stuff to 1) satisfy consumer compulsion to buy stuff, and 2) make money.

However, of the many accessories, add-ons, "improvements", and new widgets that come out every year, the BCM Gunfighter charging handle is on a very short list of those that are GTG and worth a look.

Evil Colt 6920
09-11-12, 21:00

Not the best picture, in a hurry, new episode of SOA coming on right now:p I can post more pics after my show:D
http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr339/shotgunspree/P1090141.jpg

EDIT: This is what a charging handle looks like after lots of one handed use.

DeAdeYE15
09-11-12, 21:12

The BCM handle was designed to serve a certain purpose, one handed manipulation of the charging handle while maintaining a firing grip and a "ready" stance. Other designs have proven unreliable, and unable to withstand the uneven force of this method. BCMs design addresses these weak points and improves on the ability to catch the latch in high stress situations.

Your Colt handle was designed to work with the old method of reaching over the top and grasping the handle with the middle and index fingers, thus it was not built to withstand the uneven pressure that the new (and much better) method imposes to the handle.

If the regular handle works for you then that is fine, but the BCM handle definitely has its place.

Airhasz
09-11-12, 21:17
Very convincing posts for the BCM CH. It seem consensus says they are indeed a good upgrade. I retract my statement and will give one a try. Old dog learns new trick...

DeAdeYE15
09-11-12, 21:22
Not the best picture, in a hurry, new episode of SOA coming on right now:p I can post more pics after my show:D

Ha Ha, I'm watching SOA right now, I love this show.

highlighter
09-11-12, 21:25
Something else I have to buy.....

markm
09-12-12, 09:23

That finish wear epitomizes the word negligible. I have plenty of standard charging handles that make that one look factory fresh. Yeah... theres some finish wear there... but nothing to be concerned about.

I don't have GunFighters on every AR I own. They are nice.. but at $40 each. I'm cool with leaving most of my guns OEM.

Stickman
09-12-12, 10:56

Take a look at your own AR15, and if you actually use it with a stock CH you will see the wear.

Evil Colt 6920
09-12-12, 12:19
That finish wear epitomizes the word negligible. I have plenty of standard charging handles that make that one look factory fresh. Yeah... theres some finish wear there... but nothing to be concerned about.

I don't have GunFighters on every AR I own. They are nice.. but at $40 each. I'm cool with leaving most of my guns OEM.

Im actually not that concerned about the finish. I still use that CH on a rifle that hasn't yet had it's turn at my wallet. The point of posting that photo was simply to show how one sided operation causes a standard CH to rub against the receiver, continually wearing down the finish. I prefer the BCM product because it was designed to pull straight back when operated by one side, less friction = smoother operation. IMO it's a good mod for $40.

BTL BRN
09-12-12, 13:20

My BCM GF looks "worse" than that, actually. I never attributed it to anything more than normal wear; the strength of the design I had always assumed was a more robust latch mechanism.

DeAdeYE15
09-12-12, 13:58
Your not going to get away from the finish wearing off, no matter who makes it. My BCM handle has the finish wore off on one side also. The difference is the BCM handle was built to withstand this type of pressure.

Koshinn
09-12-12, 14:09
Take a look at your own AR15, and if you actually use it with a stock CH you will see the wear.

I actually don't use a stock CH on my own AR15, and I turned in my duty gun a month ago when I got back so I can't check that. :)

Blak1508
09-12-12, 20:35
Primary arms has them ( the mod 4 back in stock as of yesterday) I ordered mine at 5 am this morning before work along with 2 DD QD attachments and a vickers blue force sling.... Next stop aim point t-1

sinlessorrow
09-12-12, 20:40
This is what the BCM GF CH fixes
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/blown%20latch%20480.jpg
I have actually broken one like that before, the little pin just is not designed to take the abuse of single sided charging.

DeAdeYE15
09-12-12, 21:20
This is what the BCM GF CH fixes
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/blown%20latch%20480.jpg
I have actually broken one like that before, the little pin just is not designed to take the abuse of single sided charging.

Perfect example!

Blak1508
09-14-12, 19:23
Mine just came in :) from primary arms ... It's soo nice .. Shame I had already went to the range and could not actually use it , I tried to wait for mail man but it was too late, anyway now I have a nice clean DD V 1 with the new mod 4 BCM installed . What a difference ...its just so much easier to grasp it... So far best 40 I've spent... Tmrw my QD attachments come in and my vickers sling ..

DeAdeYE15
09-15-12, 00:05
Primary Arms must move the shit out of these things. Looks like people would be quicker to buy strait from BCM to receive there super fast shipping. You might have gotten it before you went to the range instead of after.

Blak1508
09-15-12, 04:31
I dunno bout that I ordered the BCM MOD 4 on Wednesday and it was here on Friday, I ordered the 2 QD attachments and a vickers sling on Thursday and the eta is Saturday.. That's pretty fast buddy... :p

DeAdeYE15
09-15-12, 19:25
I dunno bout that I ordered the BCM MOD 4 on Wednesday and it was here on Friday, I ordered the 2 QD attachments and a vickers sling on Thursday and the eta is Saturday.. That's pretty fast buddy... :p

I agree. Like BCM fast!

hardcharger
09-15-12, 21:53
It is the best one I have had. they are nice...

09-16-12, 09:32
Agreed BCM kicks A$$!!!! I contacted them this week and they say if you order a Mod 3 or 4 you get the enhanced version with the others to follow later this year or early next year.

DeAdeYE15
09-16-12, 12:50
Agreed BCM kicks A$$!!!! I contacted them this week and they say if you order a Mod 3 or 4 you get the enhanced version with the others to follow later this year or early next year.

It looks like the mod 5 is also available. tb-av has one.

09-16-12, 13:22
It looks like the mod 5 is also available. tb-av has one.

GTG glad to know that as I'm partial to the Mod 5!

DeAdeYE15
09-16-12, 13:24
GTG glad to know that as I'm partial to the Mod 5!

These may be available on request only though, not really sure yet.

apexcncshop
09-18-12, 20:59
Installed the first one I had seen in person last week. Very nice upgrades relating to gas deflection and pinchpoints.http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/243484_405987382797067_175205627_o.jpg

DeAdeYE15
09-18-12, 21:54
Looks good! Enjoy.

Lockup1109
09-20-12, 15:31
Ordered three from primaryarms.com about a month ago. They were on sale 34.95 each and like 4$ for shipping. Cant beat that.
-New Style-

DeAdeYE15
09-20-12, 20:48
Anyone know if these are available in .308 size yet?