PDA

View Full Version : True or False

TeamGrazzi
09-08-12, 21:26
Ok so I had a friend of mine claim they shot 30 rounds of 9mm out of a G19 @ 25 yds (standing unsupported) and achieved this result.... I threw the BS flag and got flamed by people, am I incorrect in thinking this way.

kenndapp
09-08-12, 21:34
Ok so I had a friend of mine claim they shot 30 rounds of 9mm out of a G19 @ 25 yds (standing unsupported) and achieved this result.... I threw the BS flag and got flamed by people, am I incorrect in thinking this way.

if you would of said 5 rounds.......i might have thought about it. with out seeing it, i will cosign your BS call.

HackerF15E
09-08-12, 21:35
That's some pretty good shootin'.

C4IGrant
09-08-12, 21:37
With a fitted barrel, quality ammo, a RDS mounted on my M&P and shooting off sand bags, I have shot some 5rd rounds groups that have measured .5.

Unsupported with combat sights and 30rds? Doubt it.

C4

TeamGrazzi
09-08-12, 21:44
Lol that is what I figured. I told her if she can shoot that good she needs to be an 18D instead of a Army PA in a TMC (yes I know she can't be an 18D)

I said that looks more like a 7 yd target, but dropped it because it was becoming an unprofessional conversation.

VooDoo6Actual
09-08-12, 21:47

Nope not 30 rnds. You are Correct.
Throw that BS flag up proudly.
He should be able to do it again & again if he's REALLY that good & feels the need to prove it.
He won't.

Biggy
09-08-12, 21:52
Your friends initials aren't BC or BHO are they ?

TeamGrazzi
09-08-12, 22:04
Lol no they are not. For a non combat arms officer she can shoot well, but that was a little too good for me to believe. Because she is decent looking, an Officer and a doctor... Well you can understand why her peeps were puffing their chests in her defense.

09-08-12, 22:21
Are they sure it wasn't 25ft? I could see it at 25ft, but not yards.

Straight Shooter
09-08-12, 22:24
NEVER HAPPENED. I GOT $500 SAYS SO.;)

ARonBoard
09-08-12, 22:32
Highly highly highly unlikely. Not necessarily impossible however.

devilsdeeds
09-08-12, 22:44
Baby's got back... but she's going to have to back that claim up with video.

oef24
09-08-12, 22:48
I think it is possible but at 2.5yds!

O

mallowpufft
09-08-12, 22:54
I think I found the remaining 23 rounds that weren't in that hole. They're scattered about at the bottom, under the paper.

I can barely get groups like that at 25 yards with 25 rounds of 22lr out of my Charger on a bipod with a 5 moa dot.

Tapatalk ate my spelling and grammar.

Iraqgunz
09-08-12, 23:01
I think it's entirely possible. I shot some groups like that during Vietnam with my Colt Model 10 pistol. :rolleyes:

Striker
09-08-12, 23:06
Nope not 30 rnds. You are Correct.
Throw that BS flag up proudly.
He should be able to do it again & again if he's REALLY that good & feels the need to prove it.
He won't.

Yeah. I highly doubt it as well, but Voodoo is right; if she's that good, she should be able to do it again or at least get close to that. Why not go shooting with her and you can both shoot at 25 yards? You'll be able to see the results first hand.

F-Trooper05
09-09-12, 00:19
Hot doctor?: Possibly.

Ugly nurse?: No way.

QuickStrike
09-09-12, 00:20
Slightly left and low from a glock 19...

Yep, looks legit to me! :p

Biggy
09-09-12, 00:27
If she can shoot that good, just like Elvis's voice, she has a god given talent and is probably in the wrong line of work.

John Fritz
09-09-12, 00:32
Is it possible for the responsible party to go back and run some video while making a second attempt with their magic Glock?

My guess is that they should be able to get at least fifteen rounds inside one another judging from their performance the first time around.

kmrtnsn
09-09-12, 01:10
I think it's entirely possible. I shot some groups like that during Vietnam with my Colt Model 10 pistol. :rolleyes:

I remember that. It was at night, and it was raining and you had to shoot using your support hand only.

Iraqgunz
09-09-12, 01:19
Roger that. We were doing the riverine ops down on the Mai Lai river near Dum An Yu.

I remember that. It was at night, and it was raining and you had to shoot using your support hand only.

ddnguyen9
09-09-12, 02:26
I also call BS. 25 yards is 75 feet. That's far with a handgun... let alone a Glock.... shot unsupported. Shit, even if they shot supported, that's still very difficult to do.

At 25 yards, the front sight post is almost as large as the paper. I say they got lucky with a few shots and the rest were off the paper. If your friend was so sure they did this... you would ask them to do it again and grab some binos to see where the shots are going.

As for the people who "flamed" you, they don't know crap about shooting. They watched too many movies. In the words of Detective Spooner in iRobot: "Achoo! Sorry, I am allergic to bullshit."

KiloSierra
09-09-12, 03:09
Somebody's fibbing. None of the Glock's I've had shot that good at 25 yds from a rest with a way more accomplished trigger puller then me working the trigger.

skyugo
09-09-12, 03:19
not gonna say it's impossible... but pretty unlikely.

Magic_Salad0892
09-09-12, 03:54
Roger that. We were doing the riverine ops down on the Mai Lai river near Dum An Yu.

I'm in line for a signed copy of your memoir, bro. :cool:

CAVDOC
09-09-12, 07:52
I see at least 4 shots outside the main group low and to the right- if the squares on the target are 1 inch it would be a roughly 2.5 inch group. with a proper hold and application of the fundamentals it is entirely possible.

GLOCKMASTER
09-09-12, 08:40
I would have to throw a Mother Fu$#@% please at that one. Most people would have a hard time shooting a thirty round group like that at twenty five feet much less twenty five yards.

tb-av
09-09-12, 09:07
I think she meant 25 feet a well.

WillBrink
09-09-12, 09:25

Unless your friend is rob latham, I'm going with :rolleyes:

Heavy Metal
09-09-12, 11:09

I doubt a Ransom Rest would get that group from match ammo and a stock G-19.

That looks about 2 inches. A stock G-19 has a theoretical accuracy of around 3.5 inches at that range.

Heavy Metal
09-09-12, 11:11
not gonna say it's impossible... but pretty unlikely.

It is into monkeys, typewriters and Shakespear territory.

Heavy Metal
09-09-12, 11:13
I see at least 4 shots outside the main group low and to the right- if the squares on the target are 1 inch it would be a roughly 2.5 inch group. with a proper hold and application of the fundamentals it is entirely possible.

...that is beyond the edge of the theoretical accuracy of that pistol. And that accuracy is measured in 5 shot and not 30 shot groups.

Heavy Metal
09-09-12, 11:17
I think she meant 25 feet a well.

25 feet would be 8 yards. I have shot some hellacious groups at 7 yards. I did one the other day where 4 of 5 were almost in the same round hole and the other was a half inch to the right. That was probally a lucky group at that and that was a super slowfire group.

At 25 yards, keeping them in the 5.5 inch black of an NRA B-Center is a bragworthy goal and usually one is always in the eight ring.

Animal_Mother556
09-09-12, 11:22
I get groups like that out of my AR at 1000 yards

tb-av
09-09-12, 11:31
Yep, she would be shooting about a 300 - 20X on a B16 25 yard slow fire target.

B-16 25yds
- X---10---9
0.67 1.51 2.60 3.82 5.32 7.22 9.66

tony413
09-09-12, 13:16
she is not Rob Leatham bro i call bullsh**

this is an example of TGO (rob leatham) at 50yards.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151270334662787&set=a.385277022786.165092.171842657786&type=3&theater

oldtexan
09-09-12, 15:24

So let's make sure I have this straight. A friend of yours claims to have fired that group at 25 yds. You weren't there to witness it. You don't have any other evidence from the incident itself (video, eyewitness accounts, etc) to help you judge the truthfulness of her claim. On the basis of the fact that she is female and is in a support branch, and thus in your opinion could not possibly shoot that well, you accused her of lying to you. Have I got that right?

goodoleboy
09-09-12, 15:29
I will support your BS claim.

denn1911
09-09-12, 15:49
Make a bet with her for dinner at a nice restaurant that she couldn't do that again. Since you know that she's not being truthful with you, get your appetite ready for some good food and drink. Thanks, Doc!

VooDoo6Actual
09-09-12, 17:17

Negative CAVDOC.

Kokopelli
09-09-12, 17:20
BS.. Ron

HackerF15E
09-09-12, 20:06
On second thought, I'm going to need a better photo of her face and upper body to properly render an informed opinion.

Sensei
09-09-12, 20:30
On second thought, I'm going to need a better photo of her face and upper body to properly render an informed opinion.

I suppose the the proper response to this claim of shooting ability is dependent on whether you are "friends" as described by Chris Rock here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zywIR_ZFLts

However, let me warn you about female doctors (and PA's) from experience - they are like parking spaced. The good ones are already taken, and the rest are all handicapped...

Hogsgunwild
09-09-12, 20:51
If she is a hot doctor... and can shoot like that... I want to get my meathooks on:

1.) Her brand of ammo.

2.) Her.

TeamGrazzi
09-09-12, 20:56
So let's make sure I have this straight. A friend of yours claims to have fired that group at 25 yds. You weren't there to witness it. You don't have any other evidence from the incident itself (video, eyewitness accounts, etc) to help you judge the truthfulness of her claim. On the basis of the fact that she is female and is in a support branch, and thus in your opinion could not possibly shoot that well, you accused her of lying to you. Have I got that right?

Way to conspiracy theory that all to hell. The sex or job of the individual is irrelevant I was just giving follow on to the conversation. I have read what is a good standard for 25m unsupported on this website (and I know my own ability) so when the tale was told of this amazing accomplishment I didn't jump on the band wagon. I have seen her shoot before, we were deployed together prior to her becoming a PA, and while she is a decent shot she is not that good. Even the DA qualified sniper in my unit said BS when I showed him the picture.

So to answer your question yes I called her on it due to the picture being the only proof, however mr. sensitive it had nothing to do with her being a woman or in a support branch. I know a few females that can out shoot me on a static range and I am not afraid to admit it they are awesome shots. I would still call them on this too.

GGBird
09-09-12, 21:08
On here I will agree with you on your BS call. In real life I would advise you to grin and nod and bite your tongue before you ask for a do over or video proof. ;)

Hogsgunwild
09-09-12, 21:13
Good video Sensei, thanks I needed a laugh. I know a nice looking girl that screwed a midget in Hawaii this year, while on vacation. Man was she pissed when she found out that I knew about it. She found out by me sending her a text / picture of an Oompa Loompa.

Sorry for the thread drift but the video just described her and I had to share...

Oh yeah, BS on the 25 yard thing. There, we are back on track.

PPGMD
09-09-12, 22:50
25 yards unsupported, what looks to be a 30 round 2-3" group.

She would be up there with the top level Bianchi shooters.

So unless her name starts with a J, and ends with Golob, or Duff I think the BS flag is appropriate.