PDA

View Full Version : Browning HI power

krm375
09-09-12, 15:06
Can't believe there is not a BHP picture thread here, I don't have a pic of mine, Its currently on permanent loan to my dad as a home defense gun.
Who would you guys recommend to do some custom work on an old BHP?
I know that Novaks does good work, I have some 1911's from them, but I am shopping around to see who does good work with the BHP.

denn1911
09-09-12, 15:18
My buddy had work performed by Jim Garthwaite in PA and was very happy with the results.

BangBang77
09-09-12, 15:25
Both of my two Hi-Powers went through Novak's shop back in the 90s and I've always been impressed with the work that Bonar puts out.

I've never tried another shop so my only experience has been with them.

krm375
09-11-12, 10:08
Likewise, I have two 1911's that were done by Novaks, so I am a little partial to them, but I thought I would put some feelers out for some other gunsmiths that love the hi power.

DelSole
09-11-12, 10:25
I too have a Novak. I also have an Action Works Don Williams. I am happy with both of them. I have received excellent service from both of them.
This thread made me take them out to the range. Thanks I really like the Hi Power

Rosco Benson
09-11-12, 10:28
Don Williams ( www.theactionworks.com) and Ted Yost ( www.heirloomprecision.com ) turn out tidy P-35's.

Richard Fletcher ( www.fletchercustompistols.com ) and Bill Laughridge ( www.cylinder-slide.com ) too.

Rosco