PDA

View Full Version : 3 o'clock light mount question

Koshinn
09-10-12, 11:02
I have a 10.5" barrel AR with a 9" rail. I mounted a surefire x300 on the 3 o'clock position with a tape switch tail cap, the tape switch itself is mounted on the top rail directly behind the front sight.

As a right-handed shooter, this setup is perfect. However, the x300 + tail cap takes up pretty much all of the right side of the rail, so when switching to weak side, my right hand (which is now my support hand) can't use the same grip that I do when my left hand is my support hand. I'm also running a Magpul AFG out front, so I can't really broomstick with my right hand either.

Any suggestions? I tried the 12 o'clock position with the light, but I dislike it on a rail this short.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4407370/AR/nov/IMG_1196_sm.jpg

markm
09-10-12, 11:11
If you can get any decent hold on it then who cares? It's not going to be perfect, but shooting weak side is fairly rare. I'd just improvise hold like my right hand was holding a Hoagie sangwich away from my face so I could run the tape switch if necessary.

Koshinn
09-10-12, 13:04
If you can get any decent hold on it then who cares? It's not going to be perfect, but shooting weak side is fairly rare. I'd just improvise hold like my right hand was holding a Hoagie sangwich away from my face so I could run the tape switch if necessary.

like thumb on the bottom of the rail?

markm
09-10-12, 13:10
Yeah... that was my thought. Thumb on the bottom, fingers on the top.