PDA

View Full Version : Fired my AR yesterday for the first time!

arushus
09-11-12, 07:53
I ran 120 rounds through my first AR-15/M4 yesterday. It is a Spike's tactical lower, with a JT Distributing upper, magpul 30rd mags. Anyway, it ran completely flawless! I was excited, I was really expecting some sort of minor issue, like needing to use the forward assist...but no problems materialized. Brass ejected five or six feet to the right between 2:30 and 3:30. I'd just gotten a MBUS installed that I'd been waiting for before I took it out and zeroed both it and my optic. Right away the elevation was fine, not that I could have adjusted it anyway, being as I have an A2 style front sight, and the MBUS has no elevation adjustments. The windage needed slight adjustment to the left, and that was all, it was dead on. So I just sighted my red dot by adjusting it till it sat on top of the front post as I looked through the rear sight, I guess this is called co-witness? Forgive me, Im new to the black rifle world.
Right now Im just using a cheap UTG red/green dot scope. I just wanted the cheapest thing possible to learn on while I save up for a decent optic like an Aimpoint PRO, or maybe something from Vortex. Still no decision there yet, it will depend on all of your recommendations, and what I learn between now and then...
I just had to share my good experience, and as I get farther into this, and learn a little more, I have intentions to replace my upper, probably with a BCM M4 mid-length upper. And, when Im rich, Ill spend three or four grand on a LaRue OBR!!! Haha

markm
09-11-12, 07:55
Facebook!

arushus
09-11-12, 07:57
Facebook!

Thank you for your unique and invaluable input...:confused:

jklaughrey
09-11-12, 08:05
Mark is correct. Your post is...well ****ing useless. This is a forum dedicated to those who don't tweet or put a status update because they "flawlessly " ran 4 mags in an AR. Go 12k then post something of this caliber. Read more, post less. Or just go to arfcom they welcome this drivel.

wetidlerjr
09-11-12, 08:16
Facebook!

Thank you for your unique and invaluable input...:confused:

Yes, indeed, most of markm's contributions are "unique and invaluable" but sometimes are a tad sarcastic. :D
Anyway, do some reading up on the "Stickies" on this site and things will get better along with your posts.

You might start with: Knowledge Based Threads (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7355)

markm
09-11-12, 08:16
I usually don't get to chime in on these before they're locked. Early morning must be slow for the moderation nation. :cool:

caelumatra
09-11-12, 08:53
I'm just glad you didn't call it an m4rgery. Damn I hate that word/phrase/colloquialism.

arushus
09-11-12, 08:58
You guys take this forum WAY too seriously. I was just remarking on how much fun I had shooting my M4, and looking for a little advice.
According to some here, there would NEVER be a new thread started, because somebody three years ago already asked that question.
Im not interested in posting on facebook how many guns and what types I have, since facebook is anything but anonymous...
And I read through every sticky, and the rules before posting, and if there were any rules against posting about a good time you had shooting, I must have missed them, and I apologize. Ive learned a TON here about black rifles, and a big THANK YOU goes out to everyone for that! In the future I will be sure to limit any new threads to something that hasnt ever been covered here before. Perhaps if I start looking through all the threads and archives today for every possible subject, Ill be done by the end of the year, so that from now on I dont hurt anyone's feelings by starting another useless thread.

ryr8828
09-11-12, 09:01
Right away the elevation was fine, not that I could have adjusted it anyway, being as I have an A2 style front sight, and the MBUS has no elevation adjustments.

Huh?.

arushus
09-11-12, 09:08
Mark is correct. Your post is...well ****ing useless. This is a forum dedicated to those who don't tweet or put a status update because they "flawlessly " ran 4 mags in an AR. Go 12k then post something of this caliber. Read more, post less. Or just go to arfcom they welcome this drivel.

Thanks for your opinion, but I cant help but notice it would have been a lot easier, and not nearly as much of a drain on you if you had simply ignored my thread.

tb-av
09-11-12, 09:10
... and looking for a little advice.
... because somebody three years ago already asked that question. ...

You only asked about co-witness and yes, it hasn't changed in three years.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+cowitness

Notice first result dated 2007

arushus
09-11-12, 09:11
Huh?.

I was trying to explain that while zeroing my sights that they didnt need any adjustment up or down, merely side to side, and even if they had needed some adjustment up or down, it wouldnt have mattered because with the sight setup I have there is no way to do so.

arushus
09-11-12, 09:13
You only asked about co-witness and yes, it hasn't changed in three years.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+cowitness

Notice first result dated 2007

No, I did not directly ask any other questions, but I did leave the door open (figuratively speaking) for opinions on optics and a replacement upper.

JC0352
09-11-12, 09:15
You guys take this forum WAY too seriously. I was just remarking on how much fun I had shooting my M4, and looking for a little advice...

I don't see anywhere in your initial post where you're asking for advice. If you read as much as you could on here, you would've seen threads like this shut down because they offer nothing.

Iraqgunz
09-11-12, 09:20
Let's keep these Facebook type posts over there.