PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo Customer Service

MJLman
09-11-12, 20:06
Since there is not the ability to post feedback or ratings on their own website, I wanted to give them some credit for their customer service on a site where people would appreciate it.
So to begin, I opted out of the trijicon HD sights for a 229 I have and went with a proglo front and a plain black rear based on their popularity and ratings on this site, and price. Needless to say I am not a gun smith, just a guy with some basic knowledge, patience, and ability to drift sights (heinie is my preferred) with pretty good success (glocks, sigs, and a 1911). Needless to say I botched the front sight and broke it.
I call Sharon at Ameriglo, prequalify my statements telling her I'm not a gunsmith, and learned how to do it from a video by Dawson Precision using a hammer punch and triangular file, and tell her I broke it but was curious to see if they would ship me another. She tells me no charge, they will treat it as a warranty claim and that it may have been a defect (I doubt it...my fault surely), and she'll ship it out tomorrow. Wow!!! That's some service! I told her they just persuaded me to go from a first time customer to a repeat customer in the future.
Sorry for the length of the post but had to share, seeing how it seems increasingly rare to experience this type of service.

sierra 223
09-11-12, 20:16
Nice to hear, I have always heard that they had good customer service.

Makes you want to buy from them.

Nephrology
09-11-12, 21:25
I had a tritium post slightly off center on one of my rear sights and they shipped me a pair of GL-433s for free. Was very very satisfied with them overall and all of my working pistols wear their sights.

samuse
09-11-12, 21:56
Yup. Ameriglo is good to deal with.

I think I talk to Rick. Always helpful and quick shipping.

I broke a screw off in a front sight the other day so I called him to buy another one. They made me pay for it :eek: but he shipped it to me for $1.

Mat
09-11-12, 22:00
+9000

Rick & AmeriGlo are the beez kneez

beau1911
09-12-12, 09:34
Same here, had a similar experience with their CS getting a replacement rear sight. Great people!

OldGreg
09-12-12, 10:02
Who has a good retailer they can recommend? I'm in need of 2 more sets of Glock Operators.

BillSWPA
09-12-12, 13:08
At the risk of thread drift, while I know some tritium sight manufacturers recommend using a hammer and punch rather than a sight pusher, in my experience the sight pusher is the way to go. Just make sure you are pushing on the dovetail portion of the sight, not the top of the sight, and you will be treating the sight far more gently.

MJLman
09-12-12, 16:19
Roger that! I cant bring myself to buy a pusher. We have a fairly reputable shop with a couple of good smiths who have done milling work for me in the past but after seeing one of their installs I thought it can't be that hard if you're patient.
Email said the new sight shipped today, and I'm either dumb or stubborn, but I'm going to give it another go myself, as I can't see paying them $35ish for what equates to minutes of work. Plus I get greater satisfaction out of doing it myself.

mjkeat
09-12-12, 18:54
I recently talked to Sharon as well. I called to check shipping time on a Hack front sight to replace the one I messed up. I was up front and explained that the fault was 100% mine. She refused to make me pay and I wasn't about to let her send me one for free. A couple of days and $25 later the sight was in the mailbox.

aaron_c
09-12-12, 21:32
I've had two great experiences with them so far as well.

CoryCop25
09-12-12, 22:15
Ameriglo is top notch. I have sold large quantities of their sights and I have them on just about every one of my own pistols. Rick and Sharon always take care of me. I can see Ameriglo getting much bigger in the near future.

Hemoglobin
09-13-12, 06:43
I have done a few exchanges with them during some pistol ADD moments and have had 0 fuss from them as well.

I think they will continue to pick up steam as well. I love the proglo front and pro-op rear setup. I have been begging them via email to come out with a set for the entire hk pistol line for about 2 years now.

mkmckinley
09-13-12, 11:40
Ameriglo's are the only sight I use anymore. I wish they made sights to fit a wider variety of handguns but you can't beat them if they fit your gun. They have some really cutting edge designs out there and they inexplicably one of the least expensive brands out there. For instance Pro Glos are like $80 and Trijicon sells the same thing for $120.

Inuvik
09-13-12, 14:18
I recently ordered two sets of sights for a couple of Glocks. I also ordered their least expensive front sight tool, not realizing that it comes included with every set of sights.

When my order arrived, I noticed that they had removed the extra tool from my order, and not charged me for it. The $5 would not have been a big deal either way, but it really shows that someone is paying attention and cares about their customers.

I had good luck on the rear sights using Dawson's installation method including the triangle file and a brass punch. It took some work, and I went really carefully to avoid filing off too much material.

KentuckyWindage
09-13-12, 19:12
Like others have stated, I have always received great customer service from Ameriglo!

TN-popo
09-15-12, 15:48
Ameriglo's are the only sight I use anymore. I wish they made sights to fit a wider variety of handguns but you can't beat them if they fit your gun. They have some really cutting edge designs out there and they inexplicably one of the least expensive brands out there. For instance Pro Glos are like $80 and Trijicon sells the same thing for $120.

+1
Love the company.

jw0312
09-15-12, 17:40
Sorry for the length of the post but had to share, seeing how it seems increasingly rare to experience this type of service.

It is. Thanks for sharing. Post like these weigh heavily on my decision making when I buy stuff.

interfan
09-15-12, 23:49
Who has a good retailer they can recommend? I'm in need of 2 more sets of Glock Operators.

Top Gun has always been good to me. They have DeFoors for something like $30 right now.

OldGreg
09-16-12, 00:45
Thanks!

gruntjim
09-16-12, 14:14
I'm running DeFoors on both a Gen3 G26 and a Gen4 G23, and I am very impressed.

interfan
09-16-12, 17:23
I'm running DeFoors on both a Gen3 G26 and a Gen4 G23, and I am very impressed.

Me, too. But on a G2 19, G3 17, a Sig P226N (early NSW charity model), and a P228 and just ordered a couple sets for future use (at $30, it is hard to pass it up). I like having virtually the same sight picture on all platforms and just love the plain old-school black sights. I wish that they did them for more guns (hint, hint, Kyle:D)

golddigger
09-17-12, 16:51
Great Outfit
Was inquiring on a different Forum as to where I could find the Ameriglo CAP sights.....was having trouble locating anyone who had them in stock. Within a half hour "Ameriglo" posted on the forum as to where I could purchase. A few days later I had them on my 17. Just goes to show that companys that care are watching the forums for suggestion, ideas, and even problems.

militarymoron
09-17-12, 17:30
last weekend i was shooting my RMR-equipped G17 with ameriglo suppressor sights, when i suddenly noticed that the front sight had disappeared. it was lost - i couldn't find it anywhere on the ground. i had thoroughly degreased all surfaces and used red loctite to mount the sight in the slide, and it still came off.
before ordering a replacement, i emailed ameriglo on saturday, and received a reply from rick on sunday morning, asking for my address. a replacement front sight showed up in the mail a few days later. great customer service.

MJLman
09-17-12, 17:45
The fact that I post very little and read a lot, and that the first thread I created, I felt out of necessity to share, has had 900 + views is amazing. This the exact reason I posted to begin with, to get the uniformed about Ameriglo (as I was) in the know. This is great and makes me feel better about using them moving forward.

JSantoro
09-17-12, 21:43
I had the insert of the front sight of a set of SW-201s start to come out within 700 rounds of install.

Warranty turn-around, once I got off my dead carcass and shipped them, was a whopping 4 days. Sharon was very gracious in handling what turned out to be a dumb question on my part....:D

Drew78
09-17-12, 21:51
Rick and his staff are unbeatable!

BIG +1 to all the positive comments prior to mine.

interfan
09-18-12, 23:53
Rick and his staff are unbeatable!

BIG +1 to all the positive comments prior to mine.

Unbeatable is right! The sights I posted I ordered on Saturday showed up yesterday (Monday). They were shipped out in less than an hour from ordering and got in the mail on a Saturday afternoon. Wow, and the USPS was pretty quick as well.