PDA

View Full Version : YHM-4000

JPB
09-11-12, 21:04
Have any of you tried these?

http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_20&products_id=443

I'd love an integrally suppressed 10/22. Wondering if these are any good.

everyusernametaken
09-11-12, 21:27
I saw one of these in person recently, and was impressed by how thin the barrel is. Pictures don't do it justice in that respect. I initially thought I was just looking at a normal barrel, until I noticed the hex key end cap - that part looked sort of hokey to be honest, but YHM stuff doesn't generally have excellent finish quality anyway.

I have no idea about its performance. When I saw it, I thought it was a cool concept, but didn't really take it seriously, given its small volume. If it works well, it would be an interesting item for sure.

everyusernametaken
09-12-12, 18:46
Try posting this on silencertalk forums, you'll get better traction there. I'm genuinely interested in hearing how well these barrels work, and would consider buying one if they turn out to be competitive with standalone 22 cans.

JPB
09-15-12, 10:50
Yeah, after looking around on that site, it appears that the Thompson Machine Operative is the way to go here. Thanks.

everyusernametaken
09-15-12, 14:35
Yeah, after looking around on that site, it appears that the Thompson Machine Operative is the way to go here. Thanks.

Interesting. I just spent some time reading about that Operative over there, and I am impressed. Good call. I don't have a 10/22 or 77/22, but they have complete rifles with their suppressed barrels installed. Nice!

gunnut284
09-15-12, 14:47
I don't have any personal experience with them but if its based on the Mite you may not be impressed with the sound reduction or ease of disassembly. YHM has some decent centerfire rifle cans but their rimfire cans are lacking compared to some of the competition.