PDA

View Full Version : p226 Navy different?

KingCobra
09-12-12, 03:06
I recently got a p226 navy edition as a gift from my dad and after watching some videos on youtube I started to wonder why my "navy" appears to differ slightly from 90% of the other "navy" 226's I see on youtube and google and I was hoping somebody could help ease my mind here.

I will upload photos in a second.

-Mine has the SRT trigger where as 90% of others have the original fat verison.

-my serial number doesn't start off "NSN" (it is UU-65xxxx which from my research means it is an american made version..?)

- I do not have night sites, but insead have the "i" site. (I don't know the proper name for it)

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/gamerpilot94/2012-08-13_13-22-54_370.jpg

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/gamerpilot94/2012-08-13_13-25-30_288.jpg

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/gamerpilot94/2012-08-14_13-27-43_314.jpg

Djstorm100
09-12-12, 08:58
Subcribed to thread

plouffedaddy
09-12-12, 09:24
What's the production date?

Is it a MK25 or Navy? I only ask because I've seen people confuse them...

Magic_Salad0892
09-12-12, 10:04
Navy had no rail.

KingCobra
09-12-12, 10:07
What's the production date?

Is it a MK25 or Navy? I only ask because I've seen people confuse them...

I believe its navy, supposedly the mk25 has 1913 rails, and comes with night sites. neither of which my pistol has.

*edit* I do not have it with me, so I do not have the production date.

Navy had no rail.

um...incorrect.

KingCobra
09-12-12, 10:45
I'm awaiting on my dad to send me the serial number and I will call sig and ask them.

not sure why I Didnt think about this first.

Abraxas
09-12-12, 11:03
Todd Green over on Pistol Training would be the guy to ask.

KingCobra
09-12-12, 11:06
I looked in the training section and didn't see a todd green?

ra2bach
09-12-12, 11:08
from the picture that's not the SRT trigger, it's the "short" trigger. the SRT stand for short reset and has a different sear and linkage.

and while it may have the SRT in it, it can't be determined just by looking at it.

nice gun...

KingCobra
09-12-12, 11:10
from the picture that's not the SRT trigger, it's the "short" trigger. the SRT stand for short reset and has a different sear and linkage.

and while it may have the SRT in it, it can't be determined just by looking at it.

nice gun...

anybody else have a navy with the short trigger then? :confused::confused:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1420024&page=2

Found another sig that looks like mine. I need my dad to get me this number already.

F-Trooper05
09-12-12, 12:15
I had the same gun for a little bit. It's the Navy version that came out after the special limited run of "NSW" guns, of which the proceeds went to the Navy SEAL Foundation. But it was made before SIG's new run of MK25 guns. It's literally just a 226 with an anchor on the slide. The internals aren't phosphated like the other two. And the trigger isn't the SRT, it's just the short reach trigger.

Striker
09-12-12, 12:20
I recently got a p226 navy edition as a gift from my dad and after watching some videos on youtube I started to wonder why my "navy" appears to differ slightly from 90% of the other "navy" 226's I see on youtube and google and I was hoping somebody could help ease my mind here.

I will upload photos in a second.

-Mine has the SRT trigger where as 90% of others have the original fat verison.

-my serial number doesn't start off "NSN" (it is UU-65xxxx which from my research means it is an american made version..?)

- I do not have night sites, but insead have the "i" site. (I don't know the proper name for it)

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/gamerpilot94/2012-08-13_13-22-54_370.jpg

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/gamerpilot94/2012-08-13_13-25-30_288.jpg

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/gamerpilot94/2012-08-14_13-27-43_314.jpg

That's the short trigger, which is slimmer than the regular trigger, not the SRT. Whoever owned it before probably changed it as it wasn't a standard feature. It might have the SRT, but I don't think you tell by just looking at it.

Serial number: The NSW serial numbered/commemorative guns were limited edition with the profits going to charity. Those guns did not have rails. After that, to my knowledge, every "Navy" Sig had a regular serial number.

As I recall the last set of "Navy" guns didn't have nightsights as a standard feature, the MK25 does though. Some of the guns like the one in the photos have phosphate coated internals for better corrosion resistance, but some I heard did not and I'm not sure what is what. The last "Navy" version has a Sig rail on it where as the MK25 has an actual picatinny rail on it.

No offense, but what bothers you about a nice pistol that was gift to you?

KingCobra
09-12-12, 12:30
That's the short trigger, which is slimmer than the regular trigger, not the SRT. Whoever owned it before probably changed it as it wasn't a standard feature. It might have the SRT, but I don't think you tell by just looking at it.

Serial number: The NSW serial numbered/commemorative guns were limited edition with the profits going to charity. Those guns did not have rails. After that, to my knowledge, every "Navy" Sig had a regular serial number.

As I recall the last set of "Navy" guns didn't have nightsights as a standard feature, the MK25 does though. Some of the guns like the one in the photos have phosphate coated internals for better corrosion resistance, but some I heard did not and I'm not sure what is what. The last "Navy" version has a Sig rail on it where as the MK25 has an actual picatinny rail on it.

No offense, but what bothers you about a nice pistol that was gift to you?

well, the previous owner was my dad. and he bought it directly from the gun shop brand new. Mine has the sig rail and not the picatinny rail.

Nothing really "bothers" me about..it's kinda like when I bought my mustang and was old it had a new motor in it, but the owner didn't know from what vehicle it came from. it was a stock 4.6 butfrom an f150, not a mustang. exact same moto down to the oil pan, but it's just something I like to know. I don't like to have "unknown factors" if you get what i'm trying to say?

I'm thinking a threaded barrel and when I turn 21, getting a can..

Striker
09-12-12, 12:43
well, the previous owner was my dad. and he bought it directly from the gun shop brand new. Mine has the sig rail and not the picatinny rail.

Nothing really "bothers" me about..it's kinda like when I bought my mustang and was old it had a new motor in it, but the owner didn't know from what vehicle it came from. it was a stock 4.6 butfrom an f150, not a mustang. exact same moto down to the oil pan, but it's just something I like to know. I don't like to have "unknown factors" if you get what i'm trying to say?

I'm thinking a threaded barrel and when I turn 21, getting a can..

I've seen where some gun shops will change the trigger to the short trigger when they receive the gun or order it that way, I'm not sure which. Either way, it originates from the dealer with that trigger. I haven't seen it often, but I have seen it. I guess because it will work for everyone, whereas the regular trigger is just a bit too big for some with very small hands.

Enjoy your gun.

KingCobra
09-12-12, 12:44
I've seen where some gun shops will change the trigger to the short trigger when they receive the gun or order it that way, I'm not sure which. Either way, it originates from the dealer with that trigger. I haven't seen it often, but I have seen it. I guess because it will work for everyone, whereas the regular trigger is just a bit too big for some with very small hands.

Enjoy your gun.

Thanks man! I'm planning to shit the piss out of this thing.

F-Trooper05
09-12-12, 13:15
Mine came from the factory with the short reach trigger. I know for a fact that my dealer had nothing to do with it.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k40/millert12005/Guns/P6010003.jpg

KingCobra
09-12-12, 13:17
Mine came from the factory with the short reach trigger. I know for a fact that my dealer had nothing to do with it.

can you post some photos of yours up? specifically the rails and sights?

Abraxas
09-12-12, 13:43
I looked in the training section and didn't see a todd green?

He is no longer here on M4, he is on his own site called pistol training. Here is his forum. http://pistol-forum.com/usercp.php

KingCobra
09-12-12, 17:05
Ok, I just got off the phone with sig and they told me its not even a navy edition, its the P226 "R". they even said my gun (by serial number) came from the factory with night sites, but it has combat sites, not night sites. any ideas guys?

Here is all of the box information.

31-aug-2010

E26R-9-NSWG

p226R, 9 , nitron, FIXED, DA/SA

TheJRK
09-12-12, 17:45
Thanks man! I'm planning to shit the piss out of this thing.

Ewwww...

KingCobra
09-12-12, 17:49
Ewwww...
er..that was suppose to say shoot the piss out of it..:eek:

Nephrology
09-12-12, 20:18
Is it possible somebody along the way swapped slides?

Whiskey_Bravo
09-12-12, 20:25
er..that was suppose to say shoot the piss out of it..:eek:

I was wondering what you where going for. Figured maybe it was a saying I hadn't heard before.

KingCobra
09-12-12, 20:35
Is it possible somebody along the way swapped slides?

serial number matches the box which has another serial number noting it the navy.

But apparently at some point, somebody messed with the sites before my dad bought it because sig said it was shipped with night sites, not combat sites.

F-Trooper05
09-12-12, 23:24
can you post some photos of yours up? specifically the rails and sights?

I sold it a year or two ago. It was identical to yours though. Same sights, trigger, rail, etc. Bought it NIB in early 2010 and sold it soon thereafter.

KingCobra
09-12-12, 23:26
I sold it a year or two ago. It was identical to yours though. Same sights, trigger, rail, etc. Bought it NIB in early 2010 and sold it soon thereafter.

I wonder if the information in sigs computer is wrong then?

Magic_Salad0892
09-13-12, 05:33
um...incorrect.

I'm open to being wrong. But I don't remember the ones I saw having a rail on them.

Magic_Salad0892
09-13-12, 05:35
Just out of curiosity, how're the SIG military clone guns doing in terms of reliability?

SIG is always that gun I wanted to like...

DBZ220
09-13-12, 07:00
My MK25 has been flawless so far. So have two others I'm familiar with here. I've been following reports on SIG-specific forums and so far things are looking good in the reliability dept.

Olaf
09-13-12, 17:09
I'm open to being wrong. But I don't remember the ones I saw having a rail on them.

The earlier P226 Navy did not have rails. I have one. Soon after I bought mine they put rails on them.

Magic_Salad0892
09-13-12, 23:52
The earlier P226 Navy did not have rails. I have one. Soon after I bought mine they put rails on them.

Okay. All the ones I saw were made around 2003..... So that might have been before the rails.

SkiDevil
09-14-12, 04:52

That is correct.

I have three SIG 226 Navy models. Two are the early NSN serial number prefixes and they have no rail. The third is the commercial Navy model with a rail which I bought around '06-07 and has a UU prefix.

Either way it does not matter because they are all essentially the same gun. The 226 tends to be both very accurate and reliable. The SIG 226 in 9mm is one of the most reliable guns that I have owned.

P.S. There is a post somewhere here detailing the Navy model development and timelines. I think it was by Todd Green.

KingCobra
09-14-12, 07:29
Just out of curiosity, how're the SIG military clone guns doing in terms of reliability?

SIG is always that gun I wanted to like...

Mine only had issues when i was shooting PPU ammo from wallmart, something like 8 or 9 dollars a box. It faile to cycle completely on some rounds, accuracy was a crap shot, wouldnt lock the slide back..

switched over to federal ammo and had no issues. I went fom a foot grouping at 15yds to about a 8inch grouping at 25yds. no issues cycling the federal, locked slide, etc..