PDA

View Full Version : About complete..

Endur
09-13-12, 18:53
It has been a while as I have been busy. Anyway went it a new direction with my first build. I only need a buffer essembly and some flip up sights. Everything else is complete. I was going to build a gp ar but decided that will be my next build so I sold my upper and rail. I will break down what I have and why. So far I love this build and can't wait to finish and shoot it.

Upper: Daniel Defense M4V5 URG.
Like I said I was going to build a gp ar but decided to wait so I sold my upper and rail to get a complete urg. I went with a DDM4V5 as it had everything I wanted in an upper without having to buy the parts and get it put together. The only thing I want to change on the upper is swap the A2 with a Battlecomp, other than that it is exactly what I would have gotten if pieced together. I wanted a CHF barrel for durability (some will say not needed or a fad), a midlength gas system for smoother recoil and a free float rail. All which the V5 offers.

Lower: TKS Billet w/ DD lpk, B.A.D. regular/short ambi selector, Magpul MIAD grip, Magpul STR stock.
I already had the lower from when I was planning on building the gp, so I figured I might as well keep it and use it. It is not a bad lower for getting on sale from Rainier for like a hundred dollars. I got a DD lower parts kit for all the small parts and the trigger. I had the B.A.D. selector already, I picked it up because I wanted the ambi option and it had great reviews. Man is it nice, crisp and smooth. I switched out the trigger and hammer pins with the KNS anti-rotational pins with the fde dog bone connectors which I already had also. Overkill I guess but they are nice and look good but a possible pain for maintenance. It's self explanatory why I chose Magpul furniture but I love the STR, I never liked the sopmods but the STR shits on those. After it is complete and some trigger time I will probably switch the trigger out for a Giessele trigger based on the reviews on here.

For the sights I want some Troy hk style battle sights in fde, I like the tritium ones but I need to look up some reviews on them before I decide on those or the standard. For the buffer essembly I am going to probably go with a 6 position mil spec set up or a PWS enhanced one. Either gets the job done. I just need to do some reading on which buffer is best for a midlength system. I don't know much about differences in weight for different gas systems and barrel lengths. Eventually I want an EOTech EXPS3. I notice a lot of people like Aimpoints but I prefer the reticle on the EOtechs. Just my preference. When it comes to a taclight I havn't decided on one yet.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/KungFuHyphy/0912122209a.jpg

KrampusArms
09-21-12, 23:48
Love the color scheme

KrampusArms
09-21-12, 23:49
The EOTech xps series is awesome you wont be dissapointed

jstone
09-22-12, 04:17
Did your upper come with the DD marking on the upper, and what does it say up front near the rail?

Endur
09-22-12, 10:51
I picked up a pws buffer tube, it is quite nice but probably not needed. I also got a spring of course and an h buffer since DD was running them in the complete v5's so I figured that would be the way to go.

Anyone else with str's have some play? Both stock and tube are mil-spec but the stock wiggles.

Did your upper come with the DD marking on the upper, and what does it say up front near the rail?

Yep and it is a outline of a 5.56 round and says 5.56 in the middle.