PDA

View Full Version : Volkswagen

TheWaker43
09-13-12, 21:33
What's the deal with Magpul and Volkswagens? Months ago I could have sworn I saw a picture of a new VW prototype van with a Magpul logo. I think it was on some blog with photos from SHOT Show. Maybe not SHOT but a large convention. I have owned VW's since I was 16, two Beetles and for the past few years a '67 van that my brother and I are restoring. Anyway I just googled it and it brings up nothing. I did run into one picture of an original red and black VW van with Magpul logo but no more info. So what is the connection? I also saw Magpul/VW stickers, any idea where to get these?

RichFitz
09-17-12, 14:58
What's the deal with Magpul and Volkswagens? Months ago I could have sworn I saw a picture of a new VW prototype van with a Magpul logo. I think it was on some blog with photos from SHOT Show. Maybe not SHOT but a large convention. I have owned VW's since I was 16, two Beetles and for the past few years a '67 van that my brother and I are restoring. Anyway I just googled it and it brings up nothing. I did run into one picture of an original red and black VW van with Magpul logo but no more info. So what is the connection? I also saw Magpul/VW stickers, any idea where to get these?

It is a play on words. MBUS (VW micro bus vs MBUS- Magpul Back Up Sight) and our proximity to the hippy enclave of Boulder Colorado where the Micro Bus is a symbol of the peace movement.

The Micro Bus in question is a 1962 23 window VW Samba micro bus with a Porsche 912 engine and painted in Magpul Black and red with all VW logos replaced with Magpul logos in the same style.

It was displayed at the NRA show at the last minute and was such a hit we will probably bring it to SHOT show this year also.