PDA

View Full Version : Larry Vickers 1 day MP5 class, October 18, 2012 Las Vegas, NV

Rider79
09-14-12, 15:13
Editing my original post because of some of the confusion in later posts as to what the class includes.

You do NOT need to own an MP5 to take the class. Weapons will be provided by Battlefield: Vegas, Lock N Load, and New Frontier Armory. As Sarah posted further down the thread, ammo, transport to and from the site (from Battlefield: Vegas's location near The Strip), food and beverages and other items that Sarah listed will also be included.

Again, you don't need an MP5 to take this class.

Note: I am not the host for this class, just passing on the info.

http://newfrontierarmory.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94_387&products_id=58512

Turnkey11
09-18-12, 22:40
Ill be looking forward to the video to see Larry's take on manipulating the weapon and his drills. Personally I hate the MP5 and wish I could get my Colt SMG back; after more than a decade with the M16 series weapons, having to lock the bolt to the rear yourself during your reload just doesnt make sense to me.

Sarah
09-26-12, 01:14
This is going to be a great class, however I do know that due to unforseen circumstances, it will NOT be filmed. I think this will be better and allow for more instruction and range time.

I know that there are still a few more spots left if anyone is interested. Great opportunity to come to Vegas and shoot one of the classic full autos with one of the world's best instuctors:)
I'm not the host but will be taking the class! Can't wait!!

Sarah

Larry Vickers
09-26-12, 15:04
Yes this will definately be a great class - the MP5 is an easy SMG to learn to run and an absolute blast to shoot

I am like many others in that I prefer it over all others of its type

Sorry no video is allowed at any classes - if you have ever been to one you know why; things can get a bit colorful to say the least !!

controlledpairs2
09-26-12, 15:20
aw man! on a thursday :(

MCS
09-26-12, 16:33
Looks like a blast! I would love to do this.

d90king
09-26-12, 16:37
I'm sure this is going to be a killer class! :neo: Wish I had an MP5!

Sarah
09-26-12, 16:42
d90King-- you don't need an MP5 to take the course---EVERYTHING you need will be provided for you.
Here is a rundown of the package:
This is a "turn key" course and all you have to do is show up. Uniform, ammo, weapon, eye/ear pro, chow, hydration and transportation are all included

They reserved an executive shuttle with all the amenities to transport the students to and from the 215 acre site. From the drop off point, the students will then be transported via military HMWVV from the staging point to the range area.

- Once at the range area, chow and beverages are provided throughout the day.

- Several MP5 variants, which we will provide, are included in the cost of the course and they include the MP5, MP5A3, MP5-SD and MP5-K. Plenty of magazines will provided as well.

- Eye protection, ear protection and military ACU's are included.

- All students will be provided with 600 rounds of Federal 124 grain FMJ.

http://newfrontierarmory.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94_387&products_id=58512

lethal dose
09-26-12, 17:05
WOW. This is REALLY good deal.

skatz11
09-26-12, 17:46
Damn that sounds like way too much fun! I can't swing it but I hope some m4c members fill out the class!

Larry Vickers
09-26-12, 21:57
I have just became aware that the Battlefield Vegas guys were misled by Buck Mossie ( who acted as the initial go between) that this MP5 class was going to be filmed as an episode for TacTV - this was never the case and I never agreed to that ; if anyone signed up for the class expecting it to be on my TV show I apologize and fully understand if you want a full refund

Once again I just became aware of this and I am making sure the word gets out so everyone who is signed up or is considering it is informed

Sincerely

Larry Vickers

jonconsiglio
09-26-12, 22:14
Too bad I sold my MP5 last year. This would have been a great one to attend. I hope you guys have a good class.

Edit - just read Sarah's post. That's a great deal.

Rider79
09-27-12, 00:00
Bumping this since I updated my original post with more class details.

I'd really like this class to fill up to show Larry that we can fill a class in Vegas so he and other top tier instructors will put more classes on in this area.

polymorpheous
09-29-12, 22:38
Whoa!
What just happened here?

I hope that this class still goes through without a hitch.
I'd like to read some AAR's on it.

Good luck fellas!

702Shooter
09-29-12, 22:43
Whoa!
What just happened here?

I hope that this class still goes through without a hitch.
I'd like to read some AAR's on it.

Good luck fellas!

The class is still on! :D

Larry Vickers
09-29-12, 22:51
As Walter White said when he confirmed he was Heisenberg;

'Your Goddamned Right !!!'

The class is a go - period!!

RamZar
09-29-12, 23:15
Glad there's no TV shoot (unless it's an episode of Breaking Bad) so that students get more instruction and to shoot the various MP5s more.

I'd be in on this Larry Vickers One Day MP5 class in Las Vegas on October 18th (http://newfrontierarmory.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94_387&products_id=58512) in a jiffy if I didn't already have a 3-day class on October 19-21 with Frank Proctor (13 hour days on first 2 days).

Even with that I'm still considering it. How far is the rendezvous point from the airport?

From the other WW:

“GLIDING o’er all, through all,
Through Nature, Time, and Space,
As a ship on the waters advancing,
The voyage of the soul–not life alone,
Death, many deaths I’ll sing.”

-- "Leaves of Grass" by Walt Whitman

702Shooter
09-29-12, 23:19
Glad there's no TV shoot (unless it's an episode of Breaking Bad) so that students get more instruction and to shoot the various MP5s more.

I'd be in on this Larry Vickers One Day MP5 class in Las Vegas on October 18th (http://newfrontierarmory.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94_387&products_id=58512) in a jiffy if I didn't already have a 3-day class on October 19-21 with Frank Proctor (13 hour days on first 2 days).

Even with that I'm still considering it. How far is the rendezvous point from the airport?

8.8 miles according to Google Maps.

RamZar
09-29-12, 23:23
8.8 miles according to Google Maps.

Thanks.

Someone should update the class announcement (http://newfrontierarmory.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94_387&products_id=58512) to exclude the line: "The class will be filmed and air on an upcoming episode of TAC-TV on the Sportsmans Channel".

702Shooter
09-29-12, 23:25
Thanks.

Someone should update the class announcement (http://newfrontierarmory.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94_387&products_id=58512) to exclude the line: "The class will be filmed and air on an upcoming episode of TAC-TV on the Sportsmans Channel".

I'm working on that but the people who control it are 1 day away from opening the largest machine gun facility in Las Vegas. To say they are extremely busy would be an understatement.

Rider79
09-30-12, 01:39
Initially I wanted to just pass on info about this class so I left out mention of 702Shooter and Ben Bunker putting on the giveaway carbine class. I was also misled, because it was relayed to me from Buck by way of Sarah that mentioning the carbine class would be stepping on various people's toes.

Now that the air is clear, I will say that the only reason Larry is in town to do this class is thanks to Ben (screen name TheLaw on here) and 702Shooter putting on the carbine class. If it wasn't for them, and Sarah's efforts after the ball was apparently dropped by Buck, this class wouldn't be happening. So thank you to all of them.

Rider79
09-30-12, 01:46
And of course, thank you to Ron from Lock N Load in Henderson, NV, Guido from New Frontier Armory in N. Las Vegas, NV, and their joint venture, Battlefield: Vegas for providing the weapons and facilities for this class.

Sarah
09-30-12, 02:48
I am the Sarah S mentioned in the above posts and am here to verify the validity of them.
I have honestly, tirelessly, and faithfully worked for the company since January but can no longer support acts of dishonesty, misrepresentation, and blatant lack of integrity. There are certain values and morals that I truly believe in and adhere to in both my personal and professional realtionships that I can not allow to be violated.

I will not go into gross gory details of the disrespect and lies I have uncovered on this forum or in any public arena, but I have, just as every other innocent party mentioned, have also been wronged.

I do not wish to speak ill of anyone, nor do I want to add to drama or cause anymore issues but I do feel that I should speak on this matter for professional and personal reasons.

I want to clarify a few points.

#1 The MP5 class is still 100% a go, and will be a wonderful class, despite the unfortunate misrepresentation that it will be televised. It works out much better this way and will allow for more instruction for the students.

#2 Larry and Battlefield Vegas are in NO WAY responsible for this misrepresentation and should not be blamed in any way shape or form.

#3 I have not resigned my support for Battle Comp and they are also an innocent party to this and we should not blame them in any way either.

#4 Larry, Battlefield Vegas, Matt/702 Shooter, Ben Bunker, Glock Vector,Jon Rider (Rider 79)and others here have been nothing but kind, gracious and helpful in not only promoting Battle Comp but also Mossie Tactics. No blame or negative association should be shown to any of these innocent parties, in fact I really appreciate their support and efforts.

#5 On a personal note, I deeply apoplogize to my friends and associates for any issues they experienced as a result of this or any other mishandled event. I can't say I'm to blame but my name was still attached to all these issues and it shines negatively on me.
I have no qualms about taking heat for my own mistakes and screw ups, fully accept responsiblity, consequences , and total accountablity for MY actions and behavior. However there are times when you need to speak the truth and stand up for yourself and in the most respectful way I can, this is my response to these events.

I hope that I can continue to work with you all to promote our precious second admendment and respective businesses here in our local Las Vegas firearms community.

Sincerely
SS

Sarah
09-30-12, 02:51
Side note:

Please please forgive the delay on Battlefield Vegas' in correcting their ads. These guys are working almost 20hrs a day to get the Battlefield Vegas project open and are so overwhelmed that the ads will be corrected---we just ask for patience
Thanks!!

Irish
09-30-12, 06:13
Great seeing and shooting with you yesterday Sarah. I will personally vouch for the integrity, honesty and character of both Sarah and Rider with 100% conviction.

This class will be a rare opportunity for anyone and everyone fortunate enough to attend.

Larry Vickers
09-30-12, 06:54
RamZar

Unfortunately no Breaking Bad filming will be conducted but I am trying to get Walter to the range to give him some proper instruction on the M60 he recently acquired ;-)

( Breaking Bad inside joke)

Be safe

LAV

Larry Vickers
09-30-12, 07:01
This is a good time to quote Winston Churchill;

'You have enemies ? Good; that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.'

No comment necessary

LAV

Rider79
09-30-12, 08:40
Cleared myself for getting off topic. Let's get this class filled.

RamZar
09-30-12, 12:54
RamZar

Unfortunately no Breaking Bad filming will be conducted but I am trying to get Walter to the range to give him some proper instruction on the M60 he recently acquired ;-)

Be safe

LAV

Walt's journey into darkness knows no bounds as he descends the seven rings of hell (Dante's Inferno).

Some possible upcoming Walt quotes:

"You wanna **** with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!" -- Tony Montana in Scarface wielding his M16 with an M203

"Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in" -- Michael Corleone in Godfather III

Larry Vickers
09-30-12, 18:39
My guess is you would agree as most fans of the show do but I think Breaking Bad is the best TV series in history

Absolutely superb in every way

I look forward to next summer for the final 8 shows

LAV

RamZar
09-30-12, 18:50
My guess is you would agree as most fans of the show do but I think Breaking Bad is the best TV series in history

LAV

Undoubtedly superb and we agree as did Stephen King way back in March 2009: Why I love 'Breaking Bad' (http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20263453,00.html)

Rider79
09-30-12, 18:52

LAV

I'll agree with that, since it didn't jump the shark like other great shows have, The Shield being one of the biggest examples.

Larry Vickers
09-30-12, 19:19
Stephen is spot on

The best ever is what I tell my students who I quiz at each class as to the best show on TV

And I tell all of them you have to start from season one episode one

To me when the series ends it will be like when Micheal Jordan retired after the Bulls won their sixth title; I totally lost interest in watching basketball as you know it will never be the same- and it isn't

LAV

' I am the Danger'

RamZar
09-30-12, 19:26
Stephen is spot on

The best ever is what I tell my students who I quiz at each class as to the best show on TV

And I tell all of them you have to start from season one episode one

To me when the series ends it will be like when Micheal Jordan retired after the Bulls won their sixth title; I totally lost interest in watching basketball as you know it will never be the same- and it isn't

LAV

' I am the Danger'

That should be your new LAV signature: 'I am the Danger'... :D

At times it's difficult convincing people of the show's superlatives since the premise isn't "attractive". However, like a lot in life, it's about the journey rather than the destination. I concur that we'd rather not see the show reach a destination.

702Shooter
09-30-12, 19:33
That should be your new LAV signature: 'I am the Danger'... :D

At times it's difficult convincing people of the show's superlatives since the premise isn't "attractive". However, like a lot in life, it's about the journey rather than the destination. I concur that we'd rather not see the show reach a destination.

Seems I'm going to have to stop reading this thread until I catch up on B.B.

Sarah
09-30-12, 23:47

Even with that I'm still considering it. How far is the rendezvous point from the airport?[/QUOTE]

Ramzar, I PM'd you ...

RamZar
10-01-12, 00:09
Ramzar, I PM'd you ...

Thanks Sarah but it's going to take a "miracle" to get me to Vegas that day considering my schedule that week. I won't know for sure until that week and if there's still some space available I may have to make it at the last moment.

My loss for sure since it should be oodles of fun, instruction and camaraderie...

Littlelebowski
10-01-12, 07:12
RamZar

Be safe

LAV

I would pay good money to see the upcoming episodes now. Can't wait to see the M60 in action. You just know they won't screw it up unlike other TV shows and guns. Best series on TV, period.

Larry Vickers
10-02-12, 06:22
Here's my prediction ;

Walt bringing the M60 into action ;

'This is what you get when you **** with Heisenberg !'

702Shooter
10-02-12, 06:29
Here's my prediction ;

Walt bringing the M60 into action ;

'This is what you get when you **** with Heisenberg !'

Dick.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread so I stop getting notices that lead me to spoilers. ;(

Larry Vickers
10-02-12, 09:41
Sorry about the spoiler bro ;-)

We all know Walter is not a serious gun guy or he would have sourced an M240 or PKM instead of an M60 - unless of course the M60 was his only option - with that being the case I would have a good assault rifle backup like an M16 or AK in case the M60 goes down - which is very possible

If he reaches out to me ill make sure I clue him in ;-)

LAV

Littlelebowski
10-02-12, 09:45
Sorry about the spoiler bro ;-)

We all know Walter is not a serious gun guy or he would have sourced an M240 or PKM instead of an M60 - unless of course the M60 was his only option - with that being the case I would have a good assault rifle backup like an M16 or AK in case the M60 goes down - which is very possible

If he reaches out to me ill make sure I clue him in ;-)

LAV

I honestly hope you get a chance to work with the crew as an adviser. Season 4, episode 3 I think was the one where the illegal gun seller made an articulate argument for "no duty to retreat" or "stand your ground." Show me another TV show with that kind of detail and pro 2A talk.

RamZar
10-03-12, 22:24
For the BB uninitiated here's an example of the rich dialog:

SKINNY PETE
Left 4 Dead, yo. The way them bitches get all cranial when you cap 'em in the head, it's like BOOYAH!
BADGER
No, no, no, man, Resident Evil 4 takes it by a long shot.
SKINNY PETE
Oh please, brotha, you're frontin'.
BADGER
No, man, seriously, that chick? The one you gotta rescue? She's smoking, bro. And then you're like the last undead dude on Earth, so how can you not be dipping into that? Talk about inspiring a brother to kick some zombie ass.
SKINNY PETE
They're trying to eat your brain, bro. A dude don't need no more motivation.
BADGER
That's a fair point, I guess. OK, OK, OK, Call of Duty: World at War zombie mode. Now that's the bomb, man. Think on it, bro. They're not just zombies: they're nazi zombies.
SKINNY PETE
Nazi zombies...
BADGER
Yeah, man! SS Waffen troopers, too, which are like the baddest ass nazis of the whole nazi family!
SKINNY PETE
Zombies are dead, man! What difference does it make what their job was when they was living?
BADGER
Dude, you are so historically retarded! Nazi zombies don't wanna eat ya just 'cause they're craving the protein. They do it 'cause, they do it 'cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They're the Talibans of the zombie world.
SKINNY PETE
I played the game, bro. They ain't exactly fleet of foot. I'm saying, where's the challenge? At least the zombies in Left 4 Dead clock a respectable 40. You gotta lead 'em and shit.
BADGER
Dude, that's 'cause they're not even zombies! They're just infected! They got like this rage virus. Amps 'em up like they've been smoking the schwag! Apples and oranges, bro. Not even fair to compare the two.

Sarah
10-06-12, 22:26
Update on this awesome class just around the corner--just thought I'd share the info ;-)

http://newfrontierarmory.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=58512

Larry Vickers
10-09-12, 18:13
Gents just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Battlefield Vegas contacted me and together we decided to cancel the class - lack of sign ups and an extraordinary amount of logistics involved made it unfeasible

Sorry to disappoint those that signed up

Be safe

Larry

Rider79
10-09-12, 19:25
Disappointing but understandable. I think your one day pistol or carbine class would have been a better fit and would've filled up quickly.

Irish
10-09-12, 19:39
Disappointing but understandable. I think your one day pistol or carbine class would have been a better fit and would've filled up quickly.

In reality a much better fit.

RamZar
10-25-12, 01:00
I'm still in with such unique fun classes as long as the round count is higher (we're talking about MP5 variants after all) and the price more reasonable.

BTL BRN
10-25-12, 14:36

As someone who is in Vegas myself, I would jump at the chance to take a pistol or carbine course; the "fun" courses interest me, but not nearly as much. Personally while I see the appeal of the whole "experience" factor behind this, I prioritize the meat and potatoes first.