PDA

View Full Version : Froglube/SEAL-1 - heavy use

Clay
09-14-12, 18:20
Has anyone used either of these products during a high round count class? I've only read one report of Froglube used in a rifle class, and it wasn't favorable. Just wondering how these new wonder products are working out for serious, long term (somewhat) use.

Thanks,

Clay

BCA
09-14-12, 19:20
I'm very interested in this as well. I use EWL and have had no problems but Froglube seems like it would be great on my carry gun.

jenrick
09-14-12, 19:40
Class no, 300 round training day yes. No problems. Can't see it having problems in a similar round count class, or one going up into the half K range.

-Jenrick

Redbeardsong
09-14-12, 20:38
A coworker of mine was an instructor with the SEAL teams at Coronado and he said he really likes Frog lube. For what it's worth.

Dabo227
09-14-12, 21:00
Attended a Costa Ludus class in NC with Mr. Lasky of Froglube. His rifle ran all three days without cleaning or hiccup with a 2100 round count. Costa uses it also. Several guys I know including myself are switching to it. Costa also endorses it for what its worth.

Ty_B
09-14-12, 21:41
I don't know how many rounds makes a class have a high round count, but I've recently done a 1200 rd class with Froglube paste in my carbine with 0 malfunctions, with Wolf if that matters.

Also, you posted this in the pistol section.

far9mm
09-15-12, 03:02
Been using froglube for a while and it works great. I shoot alot of steel ammo and don't have any problems since using froglube.

Business_Casual
09-15-12, 05:35
I suggest that *what* lube matters far less than *enough* lube and how often you apply it.

bc

Clay
09-15-12, 10:46
I suggest that *what* lube matters far less than *enough* lube and how often you apply it.

bc

I agree 100%. The reason I asked about these products specifically is because they are fairly new and plant/bio-based. Mainly I was wondering if they would burn or melt off after a few hundred rounds.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

BigJoe
09-15-12, 10:52
I use frog lube on all my pistols and carbines, thousands of rounds at a time. It's easy, smells good, works as advertised if used right. I started using it on my bolt gun bolts as well.

GLOCKMASTER
09-15-12, 11:33
It's being discussed here in a 30+ page thread. (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=85728)