PDA

View Full Version : Sig m11 a1

Monarchos
09-15-12, 15:56
What's everyone's thoughts on SIG releasing this for Civilians?

mkmckinley
09-15-12, 16:04
P228s are my favorite SIGs. I'm glad they're selling them again. For the $900 they're asking though I'd rather look into an older used German one in great shape. You can get the SRT parts for like $75 and unless you've made it through BUDS the NSW stuff is cheesy.

sinister
09-15-12, 16:06
It's not mil/LE restricted.

I like 'em. Gives me a warm fuzzy knowing there's the stainless slide option now.

I like the 228 grooves better than the 229's.

jw0312
09-15-12, 17:07
I like them well enough that I wouldn't mind picking one up if they'd come down a little on the price. The DA/SA on most recent Sigs has left me less than blown away, so it's highly unlikely that it'd replace any of my carry guns. Maybe one day there will be some LE trade-in models available for 1/3 of the MSRP.

H2H
09-15-12, 21:15
Appears to be more of a P229 variant w/o the rail and different roll mark.

Sensei
09-15-12, 21:33
I like them well enough that I wouldn't mind picking one up if they'd come down a little on the price. The DA/SA on most recent Sigs has left me less than blown away, so it's highly unlikely that it'd replace any of my carry guns. Maybe one day there will be some LE trade-in models available for 1/3 of the MSRP.

Bruce Gray does wonders to the Sig DA/SA trigger. Granted, you are now talking about a $1100+ Sig when you factor in shipping, tax, etc.

SigSlave
09-15-12, 21:41
Appears to be more of a P229 variant w/o the rail and different roll mark.

And it has various phosphated and nickel plated parts too.

jw0312
09-15-12, 22:52
Bruce Gray does wonders to the Sig DA/SA trigger. Granted, you are now talking about a $1100+ Sig when you factor in shipping, tax, etc.

Given that I don't have a choice in what I carry on-duty, I'd gladly pay him for his work on my agency-issued P226 if my department would allow it! The DAK handguns I've owned were amazing, though. Maybe a little heavy, but very smooth. Wish they could apply the same magic to DA/SA.

brushy bill
09-16-12, 07:50
Anyone know if this will be current quality low grade mim internals or a cut above? Like the idea, but skeptical based on what I've read here of current SIG quality.