PDA

View Full Version : Just got a Glock 23, what sights/other improvements?

DeltaKilo
09-15-12, 17:23
Okay, I'm an old hand at shooting, but new to the Glock. I picked up a 23 and have about a thousand rounds through it now, stock, so I'm comfortable with the gun as is.

What do glock shooters normally add as improvements to their guns, and what sights are the best?

Thanks!

jw0312
09-15-12, 17:48
Sights are personal preference. Pretty much any three dot green night sights are my preference on a gun I may carry. Recently looked at a buddy's Glock 23 that had a solid black rear sight and a red fiber-optic front sight. Looked really neat, but haven't had a chance to see how I like it on the range.

An extended slide stop and a grip plug (to keep lint, dirt, etc out of that cavity) are the other two things I add immediately whenever I pick up a Glock.

jw0312
09-15-12, 17:51
Also, if it's used and appears to have seen a decent number of rounds through it (>500), I'll usually go ahead and replace the guide rod / recoil spring assembly. There are some companies that make metal replacements for the guide rod that use different springs, but I've never entertained the thought very long. The original design works well enough to keep me from spending the money on what appears to be an unnecessary expense.

VIP3R 237
09-15-12, 18:15
There are many threads on this same subject.
But i'll add my 2 cents, i really like the 10-8 performance sight system. The fiber optic/brass bead/tritium insert aligns really well with the rear U notch and i've found my times have improved.

GLOCKMASTER
09-15-12, 19:22
There are many threads on this same subject.

This!

Please use the search button at the top of the page.