PDA

View Full Version : Taurus 889 38 special

.45's and .38's
09-15-12, 21:14
Does anyone have any info on this model....Anyone know where to get parts? cant find absolutely anything online about this model

SpankMonkey
09-15-12, 21:36
Just call Taurus. They have a lifetime warranty.

jw0312
09-15-12, 23:01
I think it was an export only model that went to LE in South America (IIRC). I've only seen a couple and they had Century Arms import marks. I'm not sure if its parts interchange with other Taurus models or not. Hopefully, if it needs service they'll honor their warranty.

.45's and .38's
09-16-12, 00:18
the one I seen today was stainless with a 4" vent rib barrel. it was missing parts for the cylinder like the extractor rod, extractor, yoke assembly...i would like to find the parts tonight so I can go back & get it. Had the CAI marks on it. I would really like to know if the extractor rod interchanges with other models, a few people have said it might work with the model 88 or maybe the 82...

jw0312
09-16-12, 11:12
I want to say that with the exception of the barrel, the 889 and 88 are very similar. I'm not familiar enough with them both to say that parts other than the barrel are interchangeable, but the 88 would be the first one I dug deeper into.

nineteenkilo
09-20-12, 08:48
As previously stated, call Taurus. I can personally attest to their service department being extremely helpful and expedient in dealing with issues. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to pass along information as well if that's all you re after.

They are one of the more underrated manufacturers out there IMO.