PDA

View Full Version : Anyone's wife or girlfriend (or self) have any experience with Stroller Strides?

interfan
09-16-12, 17:35
My wife wants to get back to her pre-baby body, and is looking at doing this program. She has always been happy going to the gym or running with me, but since our son was born, she hasn't been motivated to go and wants to do something with baby. She ran into a group of women doing Stroller Strides and seemed to like the social aspects of it. I have goggled it and come up with mostly propaganda from Stroller Strides franchisees; so that is obviously biased.

Does anyone know if it is a good program? I want to encourage her to get more fitness active (not just chasing our son around) again, but want her to do something that is worthwhile. If it sucks, is there anything better?

jbjh
09-16-12, 18:25
Like most programs, it's the doing it that's probably more import than what it is. As long as she gets out and raises her heart rate for an acceptable period, combined with proper diet, then it will happen.

This is not an easy road. Lack of sleep as a new parent can be crushing, along with the grind that comes from parenting. Be supportive and ask her what she needs.

You'll end up spending g more time at home helping out, but if you get into it, instead of being bitter about not having your old life, it can be about the greatest thing you'll do in your life (and your kids will love you for it).

interfan
09-16-12, 20:37
Like most programs, it's the doing it that's probably more import than what it is. As long as she gets out and raises her heart rate for an acceptable period, combined with proper diet, then it will happen.

This is not an easy road. Lack of sleep as a new parent can be crushing, along with the grind that comes from parenting. Be supportive and ask her what she needs. She always answers "SLEEP!", but I love spending any time I can with my boy.

You'll end up spending g more time at home helping out, but if you get into it, instead of being bitter about not having your old life, it can be about the greatest thing you'll do in your life (and your kids will love you for it).

You're right, it is very rewarding. I am lucky my schedule is somewhat flexible to help out. I am happy she is looking to do something. She used to be a runner, but hasn't had the motivation to really get back into a program, but I think that lack of sleep and lack of time to herself has everything to do with it. Thanks for your positive energy.