PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint H1 & Larue mount play

Loner
02-03-08, 21:14
I mounted an Aimpoint H1 and a Larue micro mount and found there was a bit of a play even when the screws were tightend. Swap the H1 with another H1 and same results. I have another setup using a T1 on a larue mount and there wasn't any play. Was the Larue micro mount designed to work with the T1 alone and not the H1? I was told it should work for both.

m4fun
02-04-08, 00:09
I have the T1 on a Larue mount, mount locks down very well on an LWRC upper. That said, this past weekend while firing to verify zero, I notice my POI drifting...thinking it was the ammo, I start adjust the sight, start overcompensating, WTF!

Take off T1/Mount combo of the reciever to verify with pure Iron sights and one of the screws that mounts the scope to the mount falls out. 2 of the other 4 screws were loose. Even though this is only a few months old, this is on a 10.5" I fire in FA a bit.

I've have reseated all the screws with Locktite, and now need to re-zero.

That said, I do think my 4MOA dot is not as sharp and tight as an older M2 with 4MOA I've demoted to a subgun. Not to hijack, but has anyone else experience this? I should just post the question and be dont with it.

Brian

RAM Engineer
02-04-08, 06:52
1. Did you buy the mount already installed on the sight? If so, who from?
2. If you installed the mount, did the instructions direct you to use loctite? If so, did you?

Let us know what happens from here out.

m4fun
02-04-08, 22:01
I can tell you mine came from Larue assembled/mounted.

FJB
02-05-08, 01:38
Loner,
I'll talk to Mark LaRue during SHOT to find out about the H-1 on the Tall Riser. That shouldn't be an isssue.

M4Fun,
Please keep me info'd on your T-1 and LT mount issue. Loctiting the screws should solve this problem. I have mounted the T-1 on LT660 mounts and blue loctited the screws when installing them. I have had no issues. If you need a few new screws please drop me a PM with your address.

S/F

Sidewinder6
02-05-08, 19:30
I just received an H1 + Larue and didnt have any problems. That doesnt solve your problems other than knowing it is not universal. Keep us posted. I may have missed making a mistake before installing mine.

Loner
02-06-08, 03:30
Loner,
I'll talk to Mark LaRue during SHOT to find out about the H-1 on the Tall Riser. That shouldn't be an isssue.

S/F

Thanks FJB, might be a mount issue as both H1 have play in it. While your at it maybe you can ask him to make a micro mount to work with the 416 irons :D

m4fun
02-07-08, 00:27
FJB -

Looks like I figured out my "Sharp dot" issue. Apparently, when you wear glasses, you can easily look over them(new pair coinciding with T1 acquisition).

Naturally I was simply comparing the T1 on for now a bench weapon with glasses vs an M2 I am using goggles with.

Back to using the goggles!!!

Brian